Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

Have to agree. Some resistance at $39, that if broken would confirm up trend. Short term chart shows higher lows. Long term below has most resistance at $40.00 in resumption of up trend. Momentum up.

Attachments

• WPL.gif
    WPL.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 365
Well

Got this one right ... I'm in cash

All Long positions closed out

Attachments

• WPL - 20070305.gif
    WPL - 20070305.gif
    64.1 KB · Views: 322
Any thoughts on woodside over the next 12 months?

When I was over in WA a year ago everyone seemed to be talking about them but their shares havent performed very well at all.

Id also be interested to see what people think, ive never held it, but at these levels its now on my consideration list.

I know I keep banging on about this .... WPL has just about exhausted its sellers ... All the trading since my last post has been strong ... when it passes 5000 in the next 12 months current prices are going to seem a bit ho hum

Attachments

• WPL - 20070326.gif
    WPL - 20070326.gif
    69.5 KB · Views: 235
I know I keep banging on about this .... WPL has just about exhausted its sellers ... All the trading since my last post has been strong ... when it passes 5000 in the next 12 months current prices are going to seem a bit ho hum
Looks good chartwise Dutchy. Iran helping a bit. Is that $5000 dollars, or $50? LOL. As per my post above, I reckon it needs to crack $40 for uptrend to resume. Till then it's continued sideways and/or down. Fundamenatally where is the increase in sp going to come from? POI appreciation? Would have to look like cracking $100 again wouldn't it? Acquisition? Would have to find some pretty undervalued assets that brought surprises to the upside. Takeover? Maybe BHP will eventually buy them for around 50 bucks and then split off all their Oil into a new company??

1. US inventory data suggests the US at least is consuming more oil than it is producing and importing. Given the size of the US market, odds are that inventories elsewhere aren't rising at a pace that would offset the US declines - so the world as a whole is burning faster than it is pumping. That's obviously bullish for oil prices.

2. The formation of a natural gas version of OPEC is the worst possible news for gas consumers. But Woodside's a significant producer and exporter of LNG so ought to benefit to the extent that the new cartel actually results in higher gas prices.

Michael, perhaps this question is better suited to a general oil thread. Lets try and keep the discussion here focussed on WPL.

Snake, would appreciate some reasons for your decision.
Because it had a good early start to the day and volume was positive representing the trails of buyers and sellers communicating via their brokers.
It looks bullish Joe. :) But that is in my context - ramp disclaimer.
Cheers

Michael, perhaps this question is better suited to a general oil thread. Lets try and keep the discussion here focussed on WPL.

Snake, would appreciate some reasons for your decision.

I went long yesterday Joe.

Reasons on a weekly it had good volume and it broke resistance looking like a break out that could follow though, unlike the last god know how many failed times he he he.

Well done to those that went long not long ago on this. Resistance at $40, but looks like momentum will carry it through IMO.

Probably depends on how the Iran situation unfolds, but doesn't look great to me...

Attachments

• WPL.gif
    WPL.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 154
Will the gap fill or not? That is the question.
I resisted the temptation to top up again today. I'll wait and see what happens over the next few days.

Hi there,
I have seen the term "will the gap(s) fill or not " used in numerous places, some justified, some not. Can someone in the know please explain with reasons and proofs that this is really that important? Or just a saying, i.e. what are the chances of this or that if they are filled or not.
I can tell you why there are gaps, it is purely because our ASX is not a 24 hours trading plaform, and things do happen when we are sleeping; like war can start, oil prices can go up or down by a lot etc.
Thanks, and don't want to sound sceptical, just analytical!

Cheers

Well done to those that went long not long ago on this. Resistance at $40, but looks like momentum will carry it through IMO.

Probably depends on how the Iran situation unfolds, but doesn't look great to me...
Still looks good to push though after some consolidation at 40 resistance.

Attachments

• WPL.gif
    WPL.gif
    44.3 KB · Views: 109
I don't expect anyone cares, but anyway: I bought this stock under the name "Woodside Lakes Entrance oil " in 1967 and 1982, and sold out in 1997. That was 9 years too soon.

I believe Warren Buffett did say "hold for ever", in answer to a question put to him. A pity I wasn't listening.

Good Luck.