Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

Ran my slide rule over WDS a few days ago – $44.83 to $54.11 is their Current Intrinsic Value - Interesting in light of the recent SP Pullbacks on 8/3 & today (10/3) - SP is still within the current TWO Benchmark Candle Formations - ST Inds are looking very sad atm - DYOR..
20230310 WDS Cht.jpg

DrB

Ran my slide rule over WDS a few days ago – $44.83 to $54.11 is their Current Intrinsic Value - Interesting in light of the recent SP Pullbacks on 8/3 & today (10/3) - SP is still within the current TWO Benchmark Candle Formations - ST Inds are looking very sad atm - DYOR..
View attachment 154155
DrB
WDS approaching $29.23.
20230316 WDS Cht.jpg

that is what i am now thinking , i was waiting to see in the BHP talent injection would put this in the hat for 'core-holding ' ( one of three )

not looking so eligible currently
Did pick up a sm parcel on BHP. If there is further drop, wld like to pick up more.

yes BHP is still my lone 'core-holding ' ( have room for three )

but $40 plus after divesting S32 and the petroleum arm makes it a tough sell to entice me to add extras

WDS @ 32.56

The chart of WDS is not enticing to me currently although I would like to round up the scraggly allotment I got from the BHP distribution to 1,000 shares.

My valuation is around $42 derived simply from a book value multiple of 1.5 x $28 (fy22)
Because WDS can have a bad year (fy20 loss).
I have penalised it by picking the worst ROE out of the last two actual years and the next three years projected by the genius's tapped by Commsec. So that would be fy25 est earnings of $2.50/share.
2.50 ÷ $28 BV = 0.09
× 100 = ROE 9%
That's worth at least 1.5 book value to me.
The book value will be higher by fy24 which lowers the fy25 ROE calc. But still about:
ROE = 8% fy25
and still worth a multiple of about 1.5
1.5 × BV of say $32 BV (est fy24) = $48

What I don't like about the monthly chart of WDS is mostly the upper wicks on the candles and the feeling that it is maybe going to correct more for the rally that ripped since the Covid low.
That and the declining crude chart.

i was triggered to get a view on WDS by Greg Canavan of 'Fat Tail', who early this week lifted his hold advice on the 3 major oil and gas producers incl WDS to Buy/Accumulate on weakness. But I will be holding off buying.

Held

big (1).gif

Screenshot_20230326_204431_Chrome.jpg

300323_topdividend.jpg

Note: No 2

Sold some at open and bought back.....WDS will pay divs about $2.14 in a few day's time (don't qualify if bought now for this month's divs, interim will be in October) Information in brackets for newbies in case they think they will get divs this time, if they buy now.

I think so too, gg......I would like it to go up. My eyes are going crooked watching the numbers today.....another hour or so to go.....

I think so too, gg......I would like it to go up. My eyes are going crooked watching the numbers today.....another hour or so to go.....
The guys with the hoods in Arabia, aka The Princely Hoods of Arabia will keep on pushing the price of oil up.

It is their last chance to make a very quick buck before EV's become affordable to the masses.

gg

LOL

the masses will not own EVs ( except scooters and mobility scooters )

hire or lease maybe , but own , it think not may ( they will have to change the body shape so families can live in them first )
Yes but just think of the upside for the family that live in the EV, with V2L they can run the microwave oven and the colour TV, if they are in dire straights that's the way you do it.;)