Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

Adding to previous comment, in round figures the 120 million tonnes of LNG that the EU would need to replace Russian gas in full is equivalent to about 30% of the entire global LNG market prior to this new demand arising.

That's not likely to be filled quickly by new supply. Just look at an LNG plant and you'll see a maze of pipes and equipment everywhere - they don't get built quickly even if there's gas ready to feed it. :2twocents
Good morning all. Smurf1976, you are a clever Smurf, you are spot on the few points you made. The main point, its hard to beat Russian under water gas pipes to EU (cunning Putin or is he smart) comparing to LNG pipes. When I first came across about him building those pipe lines, I thought to myself, would it pay off for him with such huge costly project. Well, it is.
Now, what shall I do? throw money into WDS or gamble in others....mmm...

Impressive Quarterly. the BHP assets help

• Delivered record production of 51.2 MMboe (557 Mboe/day), up 52% from Q2 2022.
• Delivered record sales volume of 57.1 MMboe, up 59% from Q2 2022.
• Delivered record revenue of $5,858 million, up 70% from Q2 2022.
• Achieved a portfolio average realised price of $102 per barrel of oil equivalent.
• Sold 24% of produced LNG at prices linked to gas hub indices.

• Upgraded full-year 2022 production guidance to 153 – 157 MMboe

Major new projects are progressing to plan,
  • the $16.5 billion Scarborough and Pluto-2 LNG project in Western Australia 21 per cent complete at the end of the quarter. Start-up is on track for the first LNG cargo from the expanded plant in 2026.
  • Sangomar oil project in Senegal work is 70 per cent complete and start-up is targeted for the second half of 2023.

How would WDS fare after hearing on the news that Putin's Nordstream pipe has been 'sabotage'?
I am on standby to top up if n when the price is right.

A top 10 independent producer

Screenshot_20230125-094925_CommSec.jpg

Good afternoon
WDS 2022 full-year results are scheduled for release 27 February 2023.

It was reported today (14/02/23):

• Woodside will maintain its 2023 full-year production guidance of 180-190 million barrels of oil as it prepares to undertake some major maintenance across its portfolio;
  • Pluto LNG plant will be taken offline for four weeks in the second the quarter of 2023 for a major turnaround, while its North West Shelf LNG Train 1 will undergo maintenance in the third quarter also for four weeks; and
  • Ngujima-Yin FPSO dry dock is scheduled to be impact for four months amid maintenance over the first half.
Have a very nice night.
Not holding

Kind regards
rcw1

Attachments

• Line-item-guidance-and-other-items.PDF
    151.4 KB · Views: 4
Good afternoon
WDS 2022 full-year results are scheduled for release 27 February 2023.

It was reported today (14/02/23):

• Woodside will maintain its 2023 full-year production guidance of 180-190 million barrels of oil as it prepares to undertake some major maintenance across its portfolio;
  • Pluto LNG plant will be taken offline for four weeks in the second the quarter of 2023 for a major turnaround, while its North West Shelf LNG Train 1 will undergo maintenance in the third quarter also for four weeks; and
  • Ngujima-Yin FPSO dry dock is scheduled to be impact for four months amid maintenance over the first half.
Have a very nice night.
Not holding

Kind regards
rcw1
Don't expect a good div pay out.

S.P dropped nearly 3 bucks Tuesday. ( Despite that whopper of a $ US 5 Billion underlying profit for the half year to December ) Ex- div. date probably ( 8 th March ) Other oilers are a bit volatile , too. A couple of board members are " moving on "....
W.D.S. board member , ( CEO in fact ) , Meg O'Neill sold about 6 thousand shares for $ 1/4 Million last week .Probably needed a bit of cash for something . She's still got well over $6 million worth of skin in the game and with a $2.11 div coming up next month, she'll be well and truly flush with a lot more of the folding stuff.

should be fine , long term if they cherry-pick the cream of the BHP ( Petroleum Arm ) staff

however am still waiting for evidence of that

i participate in the DRP i will let that accumulation pace continue while i watch and decide ( i have been previously only luke-warm on WPL )