Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

Its been trading a bit weird last week, going up when the market goes down and whatnot.

Main thing is the guidance seriously disappointed. Production guidance is low, and they have evaded saying anything new about pluto 1

True. But really If BHP is really going to go on a buying spree during the current downturn. My golly gosh, wake up Marius!!!:xmaswave

Got out with small gain today.
Was way too weak in a bouncing market.
Added to my Beach short which was probably a bit risky

Gotta love buying the day before the crash :/

Would not it be nice to predict the future.

The Garpal Gumnut Super Fund was looking sickly in 2008 and I bought RIO down from $70 to just under $35 and it saved my bacon.

I feel WPL is similar and will buy at every downturn for the eventual recovery.

I did not buy more today.

gg

There has been notices in the local rag about flare towers and black smoke so they must be getting to the pointy end of the new gas plant.

The NR2 topside is on H851 barge heading for the North West Shelf. 27,000 tonne of it
In 2006 it was planned to start the journey on the 29th. Nov. 2011.
In fact it left three days later.
The above was built in Ulsan, South Korea.
joea

This stock is starting to make me feel happy. I wonder how far it can go this year, surely $40+ if Europe/Energy prices hold up.

Well it has kept going, the new CEOs oozing confidence.
New shipments start soon, at last.

On a pretty steep slope down. I wonder how far it will fall seeing as the BHP prospect didnt eventuate. I think BHP have too many problems of their own right now anyway.

long term it still seems that LNG is a good option. thinking about loading up around current prices. thoughts anyone?

Whatever the merits of WPL I wouldn't, personally, be buying while the SP remains in this steep downtrend. I've never had much luck at guessing the bottom of these trends!

;)

Seems that its over sold, if you look at the post GFC crash low it was what? About $28? It was just under $31 yesterday. I cant see this stock crashing below $27 whatever happens to Greece or China. Energy demand will always be there i the long run. Good long run buy IMO. A good bull run could have this shooting back to $70.

DYOR

Quite amazing that noone has posted on this thread in 6 months even with the constant news flow, Pluto coming online etc etc. No wonder I always check that other forum first. Anyway, SP is having a bit of a run since it last ducked under $31, closed today on $36. Anyone any thoughts as to where it's headed? I'm planning to accumulate and DRP this one for the long-term. Peak Oil punt on high energy prices and demand.

Quite amazing that noone has posted on this thread in 6 months even with the constant news flow, Pluto coming online etc etc. No wonder I always check that other forum first. Anyway, SP is having a bit of a run since it last ducked under $31, closed today on $36. Anyone any thoughts as to where it's headed? I'm planning to accumulate and DRP this one for the long-term. Peak Oil punt on high energy prices and demand.

This is not meant as a personal attack, but instead of being part of the problem, why not be part of the solution?
Could you spare the time to maintain the WPL thread? I am sure this would create the discussion you seek.