Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

This is not meant as a personal attack, but instead of being part of the problem, why not be part of the solution?
Could you spare the time to maintain the WPL thread? I am sure this would create the discussion you seek.

The silence is deafening

Rated a strong buy by the brokers in Commsec. I personally am fustrated with the company.
Everything seems so far away and LNG prices are falling.
Though it is a pretty safe way to keep cash ihn at these prices the growth just seems to have stalled.
Will be looking very closely at the annual results in 4 months time to decide whether I should just get out.

Hard to believe it was in the mid 50's following the GFC and has since dwindled down to mid 30's even with Pluto now online. The Shell stake and the in-decision regarding a 2nd train a pluto is weighing on the share price. If those two points could be addressed and finalised in a positive manner the share price my return to its post-gfc highs.

I actually sold half my holding at $60 and used it to pay off my house. I should have sold it all but they are held in my name and the tax implications weren't good. I know, I should have used stops.

Thanks , Springhill.

The biggest losers will be the aboriginal communities would stood to gain $1 billion and lots of jobs.

One factor against the on shore plant was the greenies violent protests. it was becoming a standard holiday trip for them. I don't think they should celebrate too hard in front of the aborigines or they might get speared.

I am happy that Woodside is reconsidering the path forward as there have been many advances these last few years on floating plants. Also they really have an opportunity to get their debt down due to the delay which will also allow them to take up other opportunities. In the meantime I am expecting good dividend increases and maybe a special dividend if we are really lucky.

Thanks , Springhill.

The biggest losers will be the aboriginal communities would stood to gain $1 billion and lots of jobs.

One factor against the on shore plant was the greenies violent protests. it was becoming a standard holiday trip for them. I don't think they should celebrate too hard in front of the aborigines or they might get speared.

I am happy that Woodside is reconsidering the path forward as there have been many advances these last few years on floating plants. Also they really have an opportunity to get their debt down due to the delay which will also allow them to take up other opportunities. In the meantime I am expecting good dividend increases and maybe a special dividend if we are really lucky.

Agree totally with all points.

The Greens with their anti-democratic ideological stance, are becoming the Indigenous peoples' worst enemy.

It will be good for shareholders.

gg

Thanks , Springhill.

My wife is a Woodside employee. I hope you are right!

Good point made by one of the Age reporters. They may use the spare cash to reduce the shareholding of Shell, who want to get out.

Thanks , Springhill.

Knobby I have been wondering for some time when fracking cheap gas will impact the likes of Woodside?

I hold WPL

Little bit of a reference here

Cheap fracked gas killed the Kimberley gas hub

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-12/phillips-kimberley-gas-hub-killed/4625612

Ifocus.

I think it has some influence. The US will mainly use it for their domestic economy though. Woodside would not have been feeding into Australia's eastern states either for this project so coal gas would have had only a little influence.

Woodside will also get condensate to make fuel with this find.
I think the bigger influence is the new Gorgon field owned by Chevron which is producing heaps of natural gas nearby.

They will get it. It's a bit sad that it is now cheaper to build massive infrastructure offshore from a foreign port and fill it with foreign workers rather than build it on Australian land which normally should be easier.

By the way, I got some sad news on Friday. I am a lighting designer and Planet Lighting, an Australian company, is one of the few companies in the world that can blow large glass is closing their blowing plant. They are closing it town. Not because of wages, but because of gas prices. This has happened to me before. It appears to be cheaper to pay Germans of French to make aluminium poles than here in Australia because they get the aluminium cheaper. The same now is true of gas. Crazy. And sad for the NSW country town where they are the major employer.

We need new government thinking, and that means we have to stop electing lawyers into government. I am talking both sides here.

We need new government thinking, and that means we have to stop electing lawyers into government. I am talking both sides here.

Agree focus on good policy would be a nice change but unlikely with the current crop of misfits.

not sure if Australia can ever get cheap power?