Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

All the selling from retail guys to raise money for the entitlement should be done by now (offer closes this fri).
Reversal could be in the cards here, buying pressure setting it green despite the $1 drop in oil again. Lets see where this closes (oh an oppies expiry too!)

Short of contacting Woodside Petroleum Investor Relations, can anyone shed some light on when the 2009 Full Year Results are due to be released? In previous years it was around the 18th of February. Ive gone through the Interem Results Booklet and Q4 Market Update and neither point to a precise day of the results and subsequent dividend release to the market. Its not on their website either. I find this a little poor considering every other company of that size and calibre lets their investors know reporting dates in advance.

I am a shareholder of Woodside Petroleum.

WPL

Can't find much on wpl.
So where are they heading up from here , possible yearly lows at $40 - $42.
there is some industrial action up north at their site and share price has been battered some what last 3 months

Re: WPL

Can't find much on wpl.
So where are they heading up from here , possible yearly lows at $40 - $42.
there is some industrial action up north at their site and share price has been battered some what last 3 months

No easy answer on that ATM, a lot depends on the OIL price I believe, which recently broke $80 per BBL - see here -

INCREDIBLE CHARTS OIL $80

Also, a lot depends on what your time frame is for trading, short term CFD or long term investing?

See the chart below, I'm sure the situation will be resolved one way or the other before too long - beware the ides of October ??? :2twocents

And if it does head lower, the $35.50 to $37.50 region would be an excellent buying opportunity - are we allowed to say that? :confused:

Attachments

• 07-08-2010 08-06-2010.jpg
    07-08-2010 08-06-2010.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 20
FYI
Shell website said:
Shell’s subsidiary, Shell Energy Holdings Australia Limited (“SEHAL”), has entered into an underwriting agreement with UBS AG, for the sale of 78.34 million shares in Woodside, representing 29.18% of its interest in Woodside and 10.0% of the issued capital in Woodside at a price of A$42.23 per share. Upon completion of the sale, SEHAL will continue to own a 24.27% interest in Woodside. As part of this transaction, SEHAL has committed to retain its remaining shares in Woodside for a minimum of one year, with limited exceptions, including a sale to a strategic third party of an interest greater than 3% in Woodside provided the purchaser agrees to be bound by the same escrow restrictions to which SEHAL is subject or in pursuit of an acceptance to a bona fide takeover offer for Woodside.

Do you think this will affect the SP today and in the short term?
Why would they set a price $4.17 or almost 10% below Fridays opening price?

Might pick it up again if it drops to that level or below. :confused:

FYI

Do you think this will affect the SP today and in the short term?
Why would they set a price $4.17 or almost 10% below Fridays opening price?

Might pick it up again if it drops to that level or below. :confused:

Presumably that's the price at which they're confident of placing the shares.

It's normal for a large, but not controlling interest to need to be offered at a discount to current MV. The degree of discount is, of course, a matter of judgement at the time.

That is a $326,677,800 discount from what they could discreetly recieve at around Fridays opening price.

Thats a huge amount of money.to not try to get the most out of.

That is a $326,677,800 discount from what they could discreetly recieve at around Fridays opening price.

Thats a huge amount of money.to not try to get the most out of.

Avergae daily volume of WPL may be 2.5m shares. To sell discretely, they might get away with 1m shares each day and even that would push the price down.

I guess they just couldn't wait that 76 days to offload on the market.

Avergae daily volume of WPL may be 2.5m shares. To sell discretely, they might get away with 1m shares each day and even that would push the price down.

I guess they just couldn't wait that 76 days to offload on the market.
Not arguing with anyone but for 300 odd more million I'd wait. :cautious: (or figure out a better way).

Dunno whether to get another lot. Might wait a bit but I am bloody glad I got rid of half my holding On Fridays open.

Ahhh well.... Back in again at hte close today. $42.22.

One cent below Shell's selling price and $4.18 below what I sold them for in Fridays opening. :confused:

Lets see if I am still right with this one thinking it is a way uinder valued stock. :2twocents

i hope the price goes a little lower. I think they are a buy at this level as they are a possible takeover target and even if this does not occur, the capex of some of the projects they are building will fall away over the next few years.

Shell dod participate in the raising earlier this year, they do have faith in the company. It is just that they prefer to have control and also they may feel they can use the cash better in this tight environment.

I have always believed shell to be in efect a part of woodside, if they are independant can someone tell me where they are listed?
Thanks

I have always believed shell to be in efect a part of woodside, if they are independant can someone tell me where they are listed?
Thanks

Their full name is Royal Dutch Shell so I suppose they are listed in the Netherlands.

Shell is a curious animal with Dutch and British parentage, headquartered (mainly) in The Netherlands but listed on most of the major stock exchanges including the London Stock Exchange. Several different securities listed. Last time I looked, the ordinary (LSE) stock was trading at around GBP2,000 per share!

Shell's history makes fascinating reading if one has the time and interest.

I think they're a good long-term buy.
Got back in at $40.. was going to wait (hope!) for $35.. but doesnt look like it is going to happen

WPL due for a run maybe. Middle East unrest, consolidated base price for oil, good mkt cap and a real take over target. WPL has stayed out of the limelight for some time, can anyone add any negative feedback?

How can that be negative.

You'd think they'd have to offer a premium to buy WPL outright.

Doubt they would T/O WPL though

Not such a bad run today =]. Any further thoughts/input on the fact that WPL is a plump takeover target?