Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

TSLA - Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ)

Tesla cuts US prices of Models Y, X, S by $2,000​

Be more earn downgrades coming on these shrinking margins . Trading on around 4 times '25 forecast sales and a '25 mutilpe of around 40 , certainly getting in the value area imo . Good buying in next week or so i think

ScreenShot533.jpg
ScreenShot532.jpg

Ask Tesla management all your questions -

What: Date of Tesla Q1 2024 Financial Results and Q&A Webcast
When: Tuesday, April 23, 2024
Time: 4:30 p.m. Central Time / 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Q1 2024 Update: https://ir.tesla.com
Webcast: https://ir.tesla.com (live and replay)

Approximately two hours after the Q&A session, an archived version of the webcast will be available on the Company’s website.

For additional information, please visit https://ir.tesla.com.

Investor Relations Contact:
ir@tesla.com

1713757502070.png

Investor Relations Contact:
ir@tesla.com

Our net income and cash flow results will be announced along with the rest of our financial performance when we announce Q1 earnings. Tesla vehicle deliveries and storage deployments represent only two measures of the company’s financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including average selling price, cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and others as to be disclosed in the 10-Q for the quarter ended on March 31, 2024.

Currently premarket (Perth 7.25pm) TSLA is 141.80

My purchased 141 put is still out of the money (OTM) by $0.8 so still no Intrinsic value in my option.
With expiraton date of 26 April (3 days) I believe it will still have some Extrinsic value due to the high volatility.

Volatility will 'likely' reduce (Volcrush) when earnings are announced and uncertainty is 'reduced' and the option will likely be mostly valued by the intrinsic value, ie. How 141 compares to market price, rather than volatility or time/days to expiration (DTE).

Lets see when the market opens.

My plan ........ sell the option at a highrt price than I bought it before the volcrush. The priec may stay above my strike price of 141. If it does there will be no value in my option so best to sell in my opinion and hopefully make a profit upon my sale.

Gunnerguy

Early days but starting to sort'a look'n like it was a bottom. What say the Chart boys and candle stick men?

Early days but starting to sort'a look'n like it was a bottom. What say the Chart boys and candle stick men?
There is news about Musk having meetings in China to get permission to test the driverless cars there. If he can get that going it will be a big win.

It appears some technology sharing and research deal with Baidu of China has been done. This comes after a surprise visit between Musk and no. 2 leader Premier Li Quang.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cgxwlqej0jjo
I would think having the opportunity to develop the technology there, will overcome a lot of red tape issues they arr having in the West.
Musk pulling off another coup and China probably leaping further ahead in EV technology, it's becomming a bit like a game of chess and I know who I have my money on. 😉

Buy, sell, hold. Tesla may not be for the feint hearted.

Tesla short sellers lose nearly $5.5 bln over four days, S3 Partner says

Investors who bet against Tesla (TSLA.O), opens new tab stock have lost $5.5 billion in the four sessions since the electric car maker promised more affordable cars, according to data from S3 Partners.

The stock has soared almost 40% since the April 24 announcement, including a nearly 16% jump on Monday, when the automaker cleared some key regulatory hurdles that had long hindered the roll-out of its self-driving software in China.

Monday's surge cost the short sellers $2.93 billion and turned April unprofitable with losses of $2.11 billion, according to the analytics firm.
Still, with the company's shares down nearly 20% for 2024, profits booked by bearish Tesla investors stand at $4.10 billion for the year so far.

"This has not been a short squeeze as we have actually seen short selling into this rally with over 2 million new shares shorted over the last week," said S3's head of predictive analytics Ihor Dusaniwsky.

A short squeeze happens when these investors are forced to quickly cover their bets to limit losses if a stock gains ground instead of falling.
Tesla is the third-largest U.S. short behind Nvidia (NVDA.O), opens new tab and Microsoft (MSFT.O), opens new tab, Dusaniwsky said, noting that $18.53 billion, or 3.97% of its publicly available shares, are in short position.

The Elon Musk-led company's plan to roll out cheaper models has eased some worries about its slowing growth and came after a tumultuous week marked by big layoffs, executive exits and price cuts.

1714432587811.png

Rebecca Tinucci, senior director of Tesla's (TSLA) Supercharger business, and Daniel Ho, director of vehicle programs and new product initiatives, will leave the company.

In an email sent by Musk to senior executives, the billionaire said he would lay off all staff working for Tinucci and Ho, including around 500 workers in the Supercharger team.

1714543068516.png

Dear Fellow Stockholders,

We could call 2023 a watershed year for Tesla, with many defining moments. However, for Tesla—in light of our past accomplishments — 2023 could also be called just a typical year of triumphs and achievements. In 2023, the Model Y became the best-selling vehicle in the world, we launched our new Model 3 lineup, saw tremendous strides in our quest for FSD and we began deliveries of our innovative and highly anticipated Cybertruck. We also witnessed the beginning of the significant growth of our Energy Storage and Services and Other businesses. We believe these types of triumphs and achievements are normal course for Tesla because Tesla is a nimble organization with an unmatched pace of innovation that has resulted in products and services that surpass
all expectations driven by visionary leadership and most importantly the best and most dedicated employees in the world. We want to thank all of our employees for their outstanding efforts.

Of course, a key part of this nimble organization requires careful management of our resources. We recently announced a companywide restructuring that reduces our headcount by more than 10% globally. Over the years, we have grown rapidly with multiple factories scaling around the globe. With this rapid growth, there has been a duplication of roles and job functions in certain areas.
We believe it is extremely important to look at every aspect of our business for cost reductions and increasing productivity.... https://www.proxydocs.com/0/002/033/484/tesla_ar_23ps_24.pdf

Rebecca Tinucci, senior director of Tesla's (TSLA) Supercharger business, and Daniel Ho, director of vehicle programs and new product initiatives, will leave the company.

In an email sent by Musk to senior executives, the billionaire said he would lay off all staff working for Tinucci and Ho, including around 500 workers in the Supercharger team.
Have to say I am really shocked at the staff cuts Musk is making. They seem capricious and will cost the company dearly in terms of its operational capacity. The quality of people who are being sacked is very high. What that does to the morale of those still left will be problematical. The killing of the entire supercharger team makes no sense at all.

I suppose this is the modern day version of decimation.

Tesla conducting more layoffs, including entire Supercharger team

fed75206463b070e0ed005dc8c95a?s=30&d=identicon&r=g.jpg
Jameson Dow | Apr 29 2024 - 11:09 pm PT

687 Comments

Tesla-Supercharger-hero-5.jpg

Just after laying off “more than 10%” of its global workforce, Tesla is laying off even more employees – including senior executives and long-time veterans of the company, most notably the entire Supercharging team and the executive responsible for negotiating NACS adoption across the industry.

Tesla started the week before last with news of a huge round of layoffs.

The layoffs were quite broad across the company. Tesla shortened production shifts at Gigafactory Texas and cleared out several teams associated with critical projects there, even firing important executives.

Have to say I am really shocked at the staff cuts Musk is making. They seem capricious and will cost the company dearly in terms of its operational capacity. The quality of people who are being sacked is very high. What that does to the morale of those still left will be problematical. The killing of the entire supercharger team makes no sense at all.

I suppose this is the modern day version of decimation.

Tesla conducting more layoffs, including entire Supercharger team

View attachment 176107 Jameson Dow | Apr 29 2024 - 11:09 pm PT

687 Comments

View attachment 176108
Just after laying off “more than 10%” of its global workforce, Tesla is laying off even more employees – including senior executives and long-time veterans of the company, most notably the entire Supercharging team and the executive responsible for negotiating NACS adoption across the industry.

Tesla started the week before last with news of a huge round of layoffs.

The layoffs were quite broad across the company. Tesla shortened production shifts at Gigafactory Texas and cleared out several teams associated with critical projects there, even firing important executives.

Shareholders have an opportunity to vote and voice their opinion. Part of workers' pay incentive is shares in the company.

The Tesla EV charging network is miles ahead of any other, but there has been little progress in the past 3 to 5 years. Keep that up and they will not be the best for long.

Shareholders have an opportunity to vote and voice their opinion. Part of workers' pay incentive is shares in the company.

Teh Tesla EV charging network is miles ahead of any other, but there has been little progress in the past 3 to 5 years. Keep that up and they will not be the best for long.
I don't suppose the workers who have been sacked will still have their shares will they ? Won't they be lost ?

I am staggered that the supercharger network was axed. Given that all the other car companies are are now using the network this was an important way to boost profits.

I don't suppose the workers who have been sacked will still have their shares will they ? Won't they be lost ?

I am staggered that the supercharger network was axed. Given that all the other car companies are are now using the network this was an important way to boost profits.

No, they don't lose their shares, it is exactly the same as us buying shares, they belong to one person.

The Supercharger network was not axed. The staff that were employed to improve, develop, purchase, etc., were let go from their employment with Tesla.

According to Elon Musk the Supercharger network will continue to improve.

Musk said on Tuesday that the company “still plans to grow the Supercharger network, just at a slower pace for new locations and more focus on 100% uptime and expansion of existing locations.”

I wonder if killing the Supercharger divison was an attempt to undermine Joe Bidens goal of fast tracking EV chargers across the US ?

Tinucci was one of only two women called on stage during Tesla’s investor day in March of last year. She touted the industry’s lowest deployment costs, saying that the company’s Supercharging hardware and other product lines often were 20% to 70% cheaper than alternatives.

Once Tesla installs a new charging site, it also operates them “really efficiently,” she said, telling investors that the company had cut its cost per kilowatt-hour by 40% over a few years.

Musk said Tuesday he wants to put even more emphasis on better utilizing the network Tesla already has built, writing on his social media service now called X that Tesla will “focus on 100% uptime and expansion of existing locations.”

After some X users questioned whether Tesla will follow through with plans to plug holes in its charging network, Musk went into damage-control mode.

“It’s definitely going to open,” he wrote of a charging site in Montana. “Sites under construction will be completed and we will add additional Superchargers anywhere where there are gaps.”

Frankly I don't think Rebecca Tinnuci should have much difficulty finding a new job. Apparently she is well recognised as the driver of the Tesla supercharger program and its astonishing financial/ implementation success. She and her staff will be a prize catch to complete the job of building superchargers across the US

The Wall Street Journal article about Tesla’s charging station prowess makes clear why the Biden Administration has failed so miserably building a national charging infrastructure, despite earmarking $7.5 billion to the effort. Biden’s incompetents are doling out the money to states, which in turn likely means more political incompetents are involved choosing who’s best to shower with contracts. When politicians are involved, the best companies or persons almost never win.

If I was Secretary of Energy, I’d fund a privately-owned battery charging infrastructure company to build a national network and would award my chosen CEO hundreds of millions of dollars if she could get the job done.

I already know the best person for the job.