Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

TSLA - Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ)

CEOS and Morality?
Don't make me laugh.

You were not a shareholder when it was mooted, but some years later you still purchased the shares.
Either you didn't do your homework on his potential pay or you accepted it at the time.
Bit late now to jump on the ethics bandwagon.

???

Mick

As I said I purchased the shares as a speculation that I might make some money on the share price increasing, How does me doing that take away my right to have an opinion on whether the CEO of the company’s pay packet is outrageous or not?

I didn’t start the lawsuit, I never made any sort of complaint to the company. I am just saying that $50+ Billion is an outrageous amount for Musk to earn and obviously would eat into the gains that should be going towards the other owners.

To me it’s quite clear that neither musk or the directors were acting rationally when they approved the deal, obviously share holders made money too (atleast temporarily the share price can still fall), but any deal where management are taking excessive amounts of value away from shareholders even if the share holders still make money, is not a good thing. Essentially he clipped 15% of the possible value off his fellow shareholders.

Tesla sails down, built more than they sold.
Share price hasn't adjusted yet. Still plenty of believers.

Seems Toyotas tactics to go hybrid is paying off -at least for now.

IMG_0402.jpg

Thanks John, I also follow Cathy Wood.

Apparently this is an Elon quote

“Since I’ve been asked a lot:
Buy stock in several companies that make products & services that *you* believe in.

Only sell if you think their products & services are trending worse. Don’t panic when the market does.

This will serve you well in the long-term.”

| Elon Musk

I think Tesla makes a few products that I believe in so one share is almost ‘diversified’.

Sent from Proton Mail for iOS

thought of you when I watched this -

(Updated - April 17, 2024 9:08 AM EDT)
Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) has submitted a proxy statement requesting a shareholder vote on several proposals, including relocating its state of incorporation from Delaware to Texas.
Musk says he will walk a away if they don't give him an additional 12% of the company and a big cut of future upside.

Suppose it may be too big a risk to vote against it.

SP dropped 1% after announcement.

Musk says he will walk a away if they don't give him an additional 12% of the company and a big cut of future upside.

Suppose it may be too big a risk to vote against it.

SP dropped 1% after announcement.
He is very different to Buffett isn’t he, I mean Buffett has earned $100K a year for years, Steve jobs used to earn $1.

once you have billions you either love your job or you don’t, what’s the reason he wants to make excessive profits over his fellow shareholders when he is already so rich?

He is very different to Buffett isn’t he, I mean Buffett has earned $100K a year for years, Steve jobs used to earn $1.

once you have billions you either love your job or you don’t, what’s the reason he wants to make excessive profits over his fellow shareholders when he is already so rich?
Maybe he has other ambitions and dreams he wants to fund, let's be honest he seems to have a lot more focus that Twiggy and I'm not bagging Twiggy.

Just saying Elon has talked the talk and walked the walk and I wasn't a big fan of him in the early years, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

He has gone from zero to Tesla cars, Tesla house batteries, space x and starlink low level orbit satellite internet.

Most politicians have done sweet FA and even Twiggy is riding the iron ore wave, but the H2 dream to reality is testing his ability and conviction.

There isn't many Musks come along and I think Tesla management understand that.

Heh' Gumnut's
the stocks got that 'bottomy' sort of feel about it... I've bought a few with this sort of 'feel '.... and looked back and and thought ...'why did I do that? had I just had a lo-bottomy'
This CyberTruck thing, It's PLUG-UGLY... and that's the number plate, if available, I'm buy'n it for mine.
the 'Electified' Dillion Lomas youtuber today put up some Wall Street numbers on projected robotaxi financials, look for between 4mins till around 12mins.... of a twenty,or so minute spiel....

I'm just wait'n for Chief and the pillow and someone rasping the saw.....

Maybe he has other ambitions and dreams he wants to fund, let's be honest he seems to have a lot more focus that Twiggy and I'm not bagging Twiggy.

Just saying Elon has talked the talk and walked the walk and I wasn't a big fan of him in the early years, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

He has gone from zero to Tesla cars, Tesla house batteries, space x and starlink low level orbit satellite internet.

Most politicians have done sweet FA and even Twiggy is riding the iron ore wave, but the H2 dream to reality is testing his ability and conviction.

There isn't many Musks come along and I think Tesla management understand that.
Yeah, Musk has built some Great businesses, with the help of the shareholders who put in in the capital, and he has benefited greatly with the appreciation of his shares.

But the question is how much is his on going management worth to the business, and how much annual dilution should the other non managing shareholders endure.

Maybe it is time for Musk to more on from Tesla, if he wants to start a new business he can sell some of his Tesla shares.

if his pay packet was going to be $84 Billion in cash, and Tesla had to take on $84 Billion in debt to pay him, I don’t think many people would be happy, but giving him shares is basically the same thing, if fact it’s probably worse.

Rape your shareholders?
Jeez mate, the shareholders voted for it.
Mick
Some people don’t know when they are being screwed, that’s pretty obvious.

but even back in 2018, there was some backlash about the pay package, by some pretty large shareholders.

Yeah, Musk has built some Great businesses, with the help of the shareholders who put in in the capital, and he has benefited greatly with the appreciation of his shares.

But the question is how much is his on going management worth to the business, and how much annual dilution should the other non managing shareholders endure.

Maybe it is time for Musk to more on from Tesla, if he wants to start a new business he can sell some of his Tesla shares.

if his pay packet was going to be $84 Billion in cash, and Tesla had to take on $84 Billion in debt to pay him, I don’t think many people would be happy, but giving him shares is basically the same thing, if fact it’s probably worse.
If Musk leaves Tesla, the price will reflect his actual worth to the company and how much of the blue sky premium is actually credited to him.

If Musk leaves Tesla, the price will reflect his actual worth to the company and how much of the blue sky premium is actually credited to him.
To be honest I think he is starting to become a drag on the company, and handing him 15% of the company every 5 years is not great in my opinion. We wouldn’t accept it from any other manager, and the great owner managers in the past have almost always declined such deals that give them such huge benefits at the expense of their fellow share holders.

if you ever get a chance, read the Berkshire Hathaway “owners manual”, for an example of high quality management.

Written by Warren Buffett to his fellow shareholders.

Charlie and I cannot promise you results. But we can guarantee that your financial fortunes will move in lockstep with ours for whatever period of time you elect to be our partner. We have no interest in large salaries or options or other means of gaining an "edge" over you. We want to make money only when our partners do and in exactly the same proportion. Moreover, when I do something dumb, I want you to be able to derive some solace from the fact that my financial suffering is proportional to yours.

https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/owners.html

To be honest I think he is starting to become a drag on the company, and handing him 15% of the company every 5 years is not great in my opinion. We wouldn’t accept it from any other manager, and the great owner managers in the past have almost always declined such deals that give them such huge benefits at the expense of their fellow share holders.

if you ever get a chance, read the Berkshire Hathaway “owners manual”, for an example of high quality management.

Written by Warren Buffett to his fellow shareholders.

Charlie and I cannot promise you results. But we can guarantee that your financial fortunes will move in lockstep with ours for whatever period of time you elect to be our partner. We have no interest in large salaries or options or other means of gaining an "edge" over you. We want to make money only when our partners do and in exactly the same proportion. Moreover, when I do something dumb, I want you to be able to derive some solace from the fact that my financial suffering is proportional to yours.

https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/owners.html
Yes we seem to have moved on from the days of mutual respect and treating other people's money with the same respect that you treat your own.
I think politicians are leading the charge in that respect and the general public is following the lead.