Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

TSLA - Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ)

You're both looking at the car like it is the same as all the other vehicles on the road, that is misleading you both.

Elon Musk's two goals are, build an affordable EV for the masses, and build a full self-driving vehicle.

BYD is the only other vehicle manufacturer making a profit on its cars, while Tesla's profit is much larger. Only BYD and Tesla are close to building cheap reliable EVs.

Tesla released V12 of FSD free for a month to all USA owners, and so far, the response has been fantastic. Tesla just signed a deal with the Chinese authorities to start releasing V12 to Chinese owners for evaluation.

Tesla's vehicle side is different to all the competition, if Tesla pulls of FSD the share price will be a nice thing to see.

Tesla released what it calls Version 12 of its FSD Beta autonomous driving software in the fourth quarter. FSD is short for Full-Self Driving. Tesla also said in its news release it introduced the second generation of its humanoid robot called Optimus.

Episode 54 talks about Tesla not just a car company, it is a robot company, an energy storage company, an artificial intelligence company with all the parts converging to make it the biggest AI company in the world. Without the Tesla vehicles all the other parts would not have been possible.

IMG_4759.jpeg

I can see that SP. I'm just not convinced that these chainsaw hack job cuts are a good idea from a business POV. There are so many examples where massive cuts have crippled the ongoing productivity of operations. It tends to drive out the most capable people who can find other employers who recognise their talent and application.

In Teslas case I am totally bewildered by the decision to axe the supercharger division. This was universally acknowledged as one of the outstanding achievements of the company in providing widespread, high quality, excellent value EV charging. Destroying that operational staff behind that operation in one swoop seems crazy.

What I understood was that Elon had instructed all his managers to make cuts to their divisions. No exceptions. No discussion. Apparently Rebucca Tinucci had bucked against this direction. Elon decided if she wouldn't make the cuts he wanted he would axe (almost) the whole division. A lesson for everyone on who runs the show.
FWIW I can recognise the point of focusing on AI run robotaxis as the next big profit centre. Elon has quickly recognised that China has caught and passed Tesla in terms of value for money EV's. So the pivot to robotaxis makes sense. IF IT WORKS. Probably the very big question.

Having said that regardless of whether there are robo taxis or private vehicles they all require charging. Destroying the supercharger team to show everyone who's boss could be exceptionally costly to Tesla.
Robotaxis are definitely on the horizon, I was walking with the wife back to the ship in San Francisco and this robotaxi pulled up next to us with two young blokes inside.
I took a couple of photos and had a bit of a joke with them, while the car was waiting for the lights to change, no driver at all in the car it is a bit weird to see.

1000015690.jpg

Last edited:
Episode 54 talks about Tesla not just a car company, it is a robot company, an energy storage company, an artificial intelligence company with all the parts converging to make it the biggest AI company in the world. Without the Tesla vehicles all the other parts would not have been possible.

View attachment 176290

As I've said before I would be surprised if Tesla is building cars in 5 years time, I would think it would be spun out of the company or sold to a major manufacturer, there is much more money to be made in their other ventures with less overheads and ongoing issues.

Car manufacturing is a low margin high cost business, it has given Tesla a huge amount of credibility, but I don't think there is a long term benefit for the company on cars.

I would expect BYD to make an offer that Tesla can't refuse and the manufacturing plant is already there, that's my premonition.

As I've said before I would be surprised if Tesla is building cars in 5 years time, I would think it would be spun out of the company or sold to a major manufacturer, there is much more money to be made in their other ventures with less overheads and ongoing issues.

Car manufacturing is a low margin high cost business, it has given Tesla a huge amount of credibility, but I don't think there is a long term benefit for the company on cars.

I would expect BYD to make an offer that Tesla can't refuse and the manufacturing plant is already there, that's my premonition.

That may be your opinion, but it is an incorrect assumption of the company. Tesla uses its vehicles to gather information about driving, driver habits, and it also uses it for the AI system to continuously learn. Without vehicles the Tesla model will waver and possibly fail.

That may be your opinion, but it is an incorrect assumption of the company. Tesla uses its vehicles to gather information about driving, driver habits, and it also uses it for the AI system to continuously learn. Without vehicles the Tesla model will waver and possibly fail.
My guess is Musk will become the first self made trillionaire.
Time will tell.
And I'm not saying all the shareholders will do as well.
Maybe they will, maybe they wont, similar to bitcoin and only my humble opinion.

My guess is Musk will become the first self made trillionaire.
Time will tell.
And I'm not saying all the shareholders will do as well.
Maybe they will, maybe they wont, similar to bitcoin and only my humble opinion.

True, no guarantees in life. However, I don't know what that has to do with your previous comment that Tesla don't need its vehicle side of the business.

Sandy adds his perspective to the latest developments in the Tesla Layoffs.

True, no guarantees in life. However, I don't know what that has to do with your previous comment that Tesla don't need its vehicle side of the business.
You think Tesla needs the car manufacturing side of the business, I don't think they do, just a difference of opinion that's all.
The money isn't in making the cars, or the Tesla chargers, the money is in the subscription services.
Amazon make nothing, but money.

You think Tesla needs the car manufacturing side of the business, I don't think they do, just a difference of opinion that's all.

It's not what I think, it is what Elon has said, he has stated his reasoning during interviews with the tech industry. Eventually the Tesla group may not need the R&D and information gathering that the EVs allow, but that is still a long way into the future because we are still in the infancy of Tesla's long-term plans.

Radical activists storm Tesla gigafactory near Berlin

Storming under a red flag with the slogan "Disrupt capitalism, create future!" Some 1,200 activists from across Europe gathered outside a factory in the village of Grünheide near Berlin on Thursday, Bild reported. They set up tents, flags of Palestine and the German terrorist movement RAF ("Red Army Faction"). The left-wing radicals are demanding a halt to the expansion of the factory. Hundreds of police, including mounted police, stood up to defend the factory against the activists. Police are using riot gear, batons and water cannons.

I would take that bet, I would even offer two to one odds, hahaha.

I just did a major Trim of my Tesla share holding.

I originally purchased Parcel of Tesla stock a few years ago as a speculation, I sold half after it had more than doubled, and just now I sold another 2 thirds.

I now only hold 50 Tesla shares, which is just a fraction of the profit I made so far, and is enough for me to feel like I have a little bit of skin in the game, but not enough for me to be to concerned about Elon continuing becoming more of a loose canon.

I have rolled the proceeds of both sales over into Berkshire Hathaway. I just feel so much more comfortable owning a piece of Berkshire Hathaway‘s giant cash pile and their cash generating businesses such as Coke, Apple, American Express, BNSF Railway, insurance businesses, energy businesses, Clayton Homes etc etc etc Managed by Warren and Greg, with steady stock buy backs than I do with Tesla at the moment.

I love riding around in my Tesla, and I hope the company thrives and grows my residual 50 shares, but I just can’t justify holding more than that token investment, especially when Elon is trying to dilute my holding by taking more than 10 years Profit as a bonus, while also eroding our brand.

Good luck to all holders, let’s hope Tesla can continue growing profitability , and build some share holder value and maybe begin a share buyback rather than dilute us with staff bonuses.

A Cleaner Grid
The future of renewable energy relies on large-scale energy storage. Megapack is a powerful battery that provides energy storage and support, helping to stabilize the grid and prevent outages. By strengthening our sustainable energy infrastructure, we can create a cleaner grid that protects our communities and the environment.

TESLA Megapack

I wonder if Tesla cars can be used for spying on other countries?
Must be a lot of footage from all those cameras.

I wonder if Tesla cars can be used for spying on other countries?
Must be a lot of footage from all those cameras.
I think they mainly use spy satellites for that :).

I guess they might be able to go through the millions of hours of footage of mums doing school drops offs and people going through Mc Donalds drive throughs and pick up some really juicy data that gives them an edge.

I think they mainly use spy satellites for that :).

I guess they might be able to go through the millions of hours of footage of mums doing school drops offs and people going through Mc Donalds drive throughs and pick up some really juicy data that gives them an edge.
Wouldn't they have who the car is registered to?
Do the cars have internal microphones?
Realistically it's more likely to happen with the Chinese evs.