Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The Harris Presidency

I think you guys are completely missing the mark. The biggest problem with politics at the moment is the excess of policy, policy plus legislation upon legislation upon legislation which inevitably makes life more complex, more regulated, more authoritarian, more totalitarian.

I would prefer someone with an anti-policy. Just get the f*** out of the way of ordinary people to run their lives. Maintain common law, defend borders and promote the interests of the citizenry above others, then sit down and STFU.

Stop having a vision, and leave the vision to those not stuck in the paradigm of being a goddamn box ticker, IOW, entrepreneurs and aspirationals.

This is what will make any country work and be great again, not some stupid politician or bureaucrat.

I think you guys are completely missing the mark. The biggest problem with politics at the moment is the excess of policy, policy plus legislation upon legislation upon legislation which inevitably makes life more complex, more regulated, more authoritarian, more totalitarian.

I would prefer someone with an anti-policy. Just get the f*** out of the way of ordinary people to run their lives. Maintain common law, defend borders and promote the interests of the citizenry above others, then sit down and STFU.

Stop having a vision, and leave the vision to those not stuck in the paradigm of being a goddamn box ticker, IOW, entrepreneurs and aspirationals.

This is what will make any country work and be great again, not some stupid politician or bureaucrat.
Yes, all very laudable.
But you need a revolution to achieve that aim.
It can't be done incrementally, too many vested interests.
Out of chaos is born the republic.
It may well happen.
mick

Yes, all very laudable.
But you need a revolution to achieve that aim.
It can't be done incrementally, too many vested interests.
Out of chaos is born the republic.
It may well happen.
mick
True enough. But the more we ask for vision and policy the more these people will deliver totalitarianism.

I just want them to leave me the f*** alone.

@wayneL trouble is Wayne there no shortage of stupid politicians and bureaucrats and the underlings who stand, sit or lay near or next to them !!!!!

I'm already bored witless with the four of them. They're unrefined, like characters out of Brooklyn 99, obsessed with racial themes and bickering like school girls.

Maybe it's because Australia has been so long between drinks I've lost faith in seeing inspired leadership in the West, instead having to watch DEI, corporate clout and cronyism eviscerate opportunity candidates.

Kamala Harris's campaign has been caught editing news headlines and descriptions within Google search ads to make it appear as if major publishers are on her side.

1000012452.jpg

As far as individuals are concerned, I agree.

However, laws are required to protect the peasants from much more powerful groups like big business who have showed time after time that they are prepared to trash their customers for the sake of profits.

This is what the moronic left in the US is voting voting for, and our moronic lefties are cheering for.