Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

69 is a very significant number.
Not for the reasons that all you sexual deviates first thought, but for more aesthetic reasons.
69 is only natural number such that the square of 69, which is 4761 together with the cube of 69, which is 328509 , use every decimal digit from 0 to 9 once only.
Food for thought.
Mick

Not for the reasons that all you sexual deviates first thought, but for more aesthetic reasons.
69 is only natural number such that the square of 69, which is 4761 together with the cube of 69, which is 328509 , use every decimal digit from 0 to 9 once only.
Food for thought.
Mick
And I thought that 69 meant only one thing, there you go learn something new all the time, even if some of it is only useless. 🤣

^^^
Then it didn't happen.

Is being slowly cooked alive worth it? I say no!

img.jpg

Why is that I have very little interest in the Olympics this year?
Have not watched any of it live.
have read some reports but thats it.
Have we reached Olympic decline?
Mick

Why is that I have very little interest in the Olympics this year?
Have not watched any of it live.
have read some reports but thats it.
Have we reached Olympic decline?
Mick
Maybe you don't feel that sense of belonging that fostered patriotic pride and fervor anymore, I definitely think the shine has gone from being proud to be Australian and I don't think the referendum helped it at all.

Getting told every morning on the ABC that we are welcomed to someone else's country, isn't building a strong sense of community and belonging, IMO it is building a strong sense of being a country full of tenants.

There's a reason the Government has gone ultra low key on the issue and also appointed a person to oversee social cohesion, it isn't because we have a sense of strong national pride at the moment and the Government knows it.
As usual great ideas and intent, let down by poor implementation.

The Government needs to get back to everyone being Australian and being proud of it ASAP, you're never going to get a national pride with everyone thinking they are tenants, unless their ancestors have been here longer than 250 years.. ;)

Maybe at kindy and at school after the kids listen to welcome to country, they could all sing advance Australia fair, that would be novel and nation building, but that isn't the narrative or the agenda is it? That's the last thing you want, if you're trying to move to a republic, you want dissatisfaction and discontent.
Just my opinion and thoughts.

Last edited:
Un Australian or totally woke if you are not hooked on the Olympics oi oi oi.

Still the 9 coverage is rubbish IMHO.

I have never understood why Boxing is considered a sport, much less the unmitigated violence of MMC.
The fact that the Olympic comittee allow biological men to beat up woman is downright criminaol.
Mick
1722553314788.png

I'll sleep better knowing this :

The Universe's average colour is called 'Cosmic latte'. In a 2002 study, astronomers found that the light coming from galaxies averaged into a beige colour that’s close to white.

Billy Joel’s *We Didn’t Start The Fire*, was released 35 years ago in September 1989. Of the 59 people the song name-checks, just four are still alive — Brigitte Bardot, Chubby Checker, Bob Dylan and Bernhard Goetz.

How many remember Bernie Goetz??

And of course William Joel himself is still performing.

Food for thought.
Mick
At least you put that in the right thread and on topic. :roflmao: