Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

In the most inclusive and culturally sensitive manner of course. :cool:
Naturally.
Although I provide the detail of the course, the presenter is a gay tri sexual non binary disabled POC from a low socio economic background with ADHD.
All participants in the course must sign an acknowledgement that they are part of the white supremacy patriarchal power network.
Mick

Two quotes close to my heart.

Driving back into Canberra on a Saturday afternoon. Roadworks, 80 kph limit enforced. Not a road worker in sight
just drove in on the Federal .... Lots of workers and 40kph, lollipops a-plenty, but after an extended slow zone, the limit reverted to 100 for all of 70 metres, before dropping to 80 and the camera.

67, now 68 useless and irrelevant posts since last Thursday.
Hey @Joe Blow , do I get some sort of incentive remuneration for traffic generation?
Mick

No but you will receive this

traffic-raiser-award.jpg

It's in the Post (-it.)

thanks for the tip off, by the way, Belli. I forget about the saturation camera / need to make quota aspect of the nation's capital

It was my honour. We know how to extend a generous welcome to visitors to the Nation's Capital.

We also suggest an exciting night-time drive along Sutton Road. If your vehicle doesn't disappear down a chasm, also known as a pot hole, your diving skills will be greatly improved through avoiding potential roadkill.

Ah a bright new spot of ASF. The closet intellectuals get to show off the biting intelligence that is otherwise missed. The odd snark gets a place in the sun. The race is on to come up with riveting, relevant irrelevance that runs up the traffic ticker.

Or just BS.. :)

All fun. Well done Mick..

Ah a bright new spot of ASF. The closet intellectuals get to show off the biting intelligence that is otherwise missed. The odd snark gets a place in the sun. The race is on to come up with riveting, relevant irrelevance that runs up the traffic ticker.

Or just BS.. :)

All fun. Well done Mick..
Yeah, I also noticed a few coming out of the closet.
Mick

Bought a 25kg hex dumbbell couple weeks ago and can work that thing okay for bicep curl reps. About a year ago I bought what I could then comfortably handle - a mere 17.5kg dumbbell. Some progress made there, kids :p (I don't have a "physical" job.)

Well, after receiving a little admonishment from Mick on that "other thread" for posting about off topic nautical stuff, I have now flipped through this thread and experienced quite a few smirks and grins on the journey .... so the admonishment was well worth the return! :happy:

I must say however, I am feeling slightly alienated and humiliated @wayneL ....

In my ageing years, and with the propensity to become slightly more rotund than would be considered appropriate .....

I have to confess .... I don't mind a bit of celery! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Before I am judged unceremoniously, and banished from ASF forever .... There is some logic to my new found rabbit-like behavior

I mix said celery with various other juicy vegetables, and sprinkle the concoction with copious amounts of salt pepper and balsamic vinegar

My logic is..... that I can eat as much of this mixture as I can possibly stomach ..... and my said stomach should theoretically become no more rotund than before I consumed it ....

My logic may be flawed, as my rotundness has not really seemed to diminish as I had hoped ..... I am suspicious however ......

That may have something to do with the various and copious "non-celery" food items I also consume in tandem with my new veggie friend!

If my celery admission sees me judged harshly, it is a cross I am prepared to bear :panda: 😇

Bought a 25kg hex dumbbell couple weeks ago and can work that thing okay for bicep curl reps. About a year ago I bought what I could then comfortably handle - a mere 17.5kg dumbbell. Some progress made there, kids :p (I don't have a "physical" job.)
Hex Dumbell eh, I much prefer the binary types myself.
But good work nonetheless, remind me not to kick sand in your face at the beach.

Mick

I keep thinking I should hit the gym for a bit of cross training. But my travel anvil is 45 kg which I have to lift in and out of the truck several times a day (plus a 39 kg stand.... plus 600 kg horses leaning and shifting about on top of me....

... A nice cold beer is more on my mind at the end of the day rather than a 25 kg hex dumbbell haha.

On the other hand it's summer and most of my clients are nubile young women. :p