Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

This morning's frivolities:

Heading south on Great Northern Highway, an 80 into 70 at the lights and then immediately after, a bridge. (Yagan's for those who know it).

I may have been doing slightly under the relevant speed limits, as I am apt to do. This guy overtakes me at a million miles an hour *on the actual bridge*, gives me a break check and a one fingered salute.

In my younger days I may have chased him down and had a fight to the death (but probably wouldn't have been traveling under, or at the speed limit anyway :laugh: ).

Nowadays, I just feel pity for what the guy's life must be like to have such a reaction.

He would fit right in with these drop kicks.

"If we set up an IQ-testing station at the border instead of a vehicle-testing station we'd halve our problems."

He would fit right in with these drop kicks.

"If we set up an IQ-testing station at the border instead of a vehicle-testing station we'd halve our problems."

Know that piece of road and the bridge only too well.

Due to false assumptions that have been promoted about her, Joan Baez stated in 2019 that she has never been part of the feminist movement, nor is she a vegetarian.

People seem to be misinterpreting the completely useless and irrelevant thread.
A post can lack relevance without being useless.
Say somebody posts about the high cost of their haircut in the FMG thread.
It highlights the fact that there are inflationary pressures vis a vis hairdressing, but has nothing to do with FMG,
and this would lack relevance to the FMG thread.
In the case above, the fact that Farmege does not like Joan Baez is certainly irrelevant and useless.
However, if there were a thread on Joan Baez, his dislike for the lovely and charming Joan Baez, while still being useless, would in the context of that thread, now be relevant.
I am still mulling over the philosophical question as to whether a post could be usefull and yet still lack any relvancy.
need to sleep on it.

Mick

so, does a half relevant quote cut it? Or is this a conundrum?

Dwight D. Eisenhower is reputed to have said this: “In planning for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."

Once you've thought it through, typed it differently, edited and the edit button turns off, it is there forever.

gg

Once you've thought it through, typed it differently, edited and the edit button turns off, it is there forever.

gg
until it morphs ...

One of the key points of difference between Derrida and Lacan was their approach to language and its relationship to reality. Derrida criticized the idea of a stable, fixed meaning in language, while Lacan emphasized the importance of language in structuring the unconscious and the formation of the self.

The Income Activity Statement (IAS) system works on the basis on when investment income is received not on an accrual basis.

ETF income received in July, which is included in the previous income tax year, is subject to the IAS in the current tax year.

Is it more appropriate this post should be in The Haircut thread rather than this one?

AARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!