Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

When you get too fed up or lazy to clean up your garage workshop just leave a box on the table and call in the night patrol.

When you get too fed up or lazy to clean up your garage workshop just leave a box on the table and call in the night patrol.

"The best laid plans of mice and men.

What have men got to do with it? "

Douglas Adams-Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

When you get too fed up or lazy to clean up your garage workshop

Leave your battery charges on "ignore"

Garage Fire.jpg

Yeah, have been a few of them apparently @basilio.

The articles I have seen suggest the fires mostly involve the less expensive non-branded batteries and charges. The relevant State Fire Fighter organisations would likely have a better handle on that aspect.

One article from January 2023.

My crime? Having the temerity to travel at the relevant speed limit.

What does annoy me is speed limits for roadworks where there are no roadworks in sight. Is it a trap?

Two quotes close to my heart.

Driving back into Canberra on a Saturday afternoon. Roadworks, 80 kph limit enforced. Not a road worker in sight (it is Saturday afternoon after all). Me in right hand lane (I know, shut up), car some appropriate distance in front of me, car on my left hand front quarter, car at my left hand back quarter.

Little car behind me right up my dinger. Clearly frustrated as the rest of us dutifully trundle along at 80 kph.

Sees opportunity. Zip and zaps and puts right foot to the floor.

Hello, remember me? I'm a mobile speed camera.

Welcome to Canberra little interstate car. Your monetary contribution to Canberra is appreciated. You'd better get your eyesight checked too as it seems you did not notice the quick flashing of headlights from cars heading towards us.

yes, and 110 on cruise control = 105 in real life

why does this truck keep passing me?
This morning's frivolities:

Heading south on Great Northern Highway, an 80 into 70 at the lights and then immediately after, a bridge. (Yagan's for those who know it).

I may have been doing slightly under the relevant speed limits, as I am apt to do. This guy overtakes me at a million miles an hour *on the actual bridge*, gives me a break check and a one fingered salute.

In my younger days I may have chased him down and had a fight to the death (but probably wouldn't have been traveling under, or at the speed limit anyway :laugh: ).

Nowadays, I just feel pity for what the guy's life must be like to have such a reaction.