Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

the humidity is getting to me ... I feel like moving to Brisbane to get away from it.
my memory might be slipping , but Brisbane used to be well known for it's humidity ( maybe even infamous ) given the building industry is still surviving there , there will be new bigger buildings to help block out any sea breezes

but maybe things have changed for the better since April ( last year )

power prices are rising so .. air-conditioning might be a luxury soon ( and taxed accordingly )

another random contribution, apropos of nada

Screenshot_20240221-120200_Google.jpg

Bemusing (and jarring) to hear some people habitually use the expression "to be honest" after a fairly simple statement. Does that mean everything else they said/say is a pack of lies? Is anything approaching frank truthfulness some weird aberration for them that needs to be honoured with special attention?

I'll have you know that I am as honest as my day is long.

My day starts at Sunset.

They say if you want apple juice you have to first crush the apples.
This obviously wrong.
Before you can crush apples, you have to get them
Buy, steal or borrow.
Then you get a container for the juice to flow into.
Then you get a crucshing device - could be hammer, brick, vice, 20 ton press or something similar.
Only then can you crush the apples.
I tried crushing 2 old Ipods, gen 3 and a gen 5 phones, a non working Imac, and two old Ipads.
Got no juice at all.
I was lied to.
Mick

They say if you want apple juice you have to first crush the apples.
This obviously wrong.
Before you can crush apples, you have to get them
Buy, steal or borrow.
Then you get a container for the juice to flow into.
Then you get a crucshing device - could be hammer, brick, vice, 20 ton press or something similar.
Only then can you crush the apples.
I tried crushing 2 old Ipods, gen 3 and a gen 5 phones, a non working Imac, and two old Ipads.
Got no juice at all.
I was lied to.
Mick
@mullokintyre Obviously the internal juice had dried up.

Completely stuffed today if anyone is interested.
Hard to get out of my own way.
Happy to see that 3 or my 4 picks are actually in the green profit zone.
Just thought I would mention it.

I'm suffering fuzzy eyes and a don't really care attitude at the moment so I think with management's permission I will have an hours pre lunch kip.👍
Been granted
bbl

With the weather change for the better, I now have lost all get up go, so with that I will park myself on the Slumber King for a brief stay and then do a "Dagwood Bumstead" and have a think about what and where to start next.