Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

STX - Strike Energy

Good morning
Nice announcement this morning (03/01/24)

Strike Energy has delivered 33 terajules of gas from the Walyering gas field in WA in December, in an “operational milestone” following maintenance which limited deliveries.

Strike and Alinta Energy have a firm 100 pe cent take or pay gas sales agreement for a total of 3.4 petajoules to be delivered into the Parmelia Gas Pipeline over two years starting in February.

Strike said ongoing deliveries at production rates above firm contracted volumes as subject to customer nominations and further gas marketing activities.

Kind regards
rcw1

Attachments

• Walyering-Production-Update.PDF
    90.2 KB · Views: 4
Good morning
The good the bad the ugly ....
Some profit takers... 29,019,514 volume yesterday (09/01/24)

One minute chart
1704843044349.png

edit: holding

Attachments

• 1704843044412.png
    1704843044412.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 6
rcw hope you are not suffering a sinking feeling with this stock at present.
Hey mate, been as busy as ... naaaaa got plenty of time with this little nest egg :)

Note STX oil now....

Kind regards
rcw1

Attachments

• L7-and-EP-437-Resource-Upgrade.PDF
    784.9 KB · Views: 9
rcw hope you are not suffering a sinking feeling with this stock at present.
Just checking for updates.

Your comment made me look at the chart and I seen the red candle on the 9th and the 11th and thought what happened here and then I noticed this announcement.

In your opinion @farmerge do you think the announcement on the 10th "Neville Power's conversion of Talon Energy shares to Strike Energy shares upon effective date of Scheme of Arrangement Implementation - allotment of 1,207,000 fully paid ordinary Strike shares" explains the red candles and be nothing to worry about or are you aware of something else?

*****MONTHLY UPDATE FOR FULL CALENDAR YEAR 2024 STOCK TIPPING COMPETITION*****

January 2024 - All discussions aside from export licences from my fellow colleagues above, looking purely at the technicals, STX has performed poorly over the month since the beginning of the month - there's no other way to say it. The share price is now firmly beneath the 10 and 30 day moving averages, with the 10 day moving average having turned downwards for a considerable period of time and the 30 day moving average turning downwards as we speak. RSI has been weakening for a while and the DMI has been showing weakening bullish tendency since the beginning of the month, now trending towards bearish tendencies as the support level of $0.445 from the 19th December (as well as the 12th October) has been broken. Price action over the past couple of days has also respected this prior support level (now resistance) from the downside.

Essentially, the share price appears to now be looking for a new support level. Perhaps it'll find it at $0.41 from 20th September. Failing that, consider looking at $0.385 (from 23rd November) or $0.365 (from 7th December).

1706602186014.png

Latest update of discussion (no further updates to be provided in weekly videos):

STX Strike Energy Ltd. Picked STX as a bit of a roughie, my thinking being if and when all the necessary approvals are finalised, it will be a real winner to be on. I am still a strong believer that STX will sometime in the future be just that.

Good morning
Bad news, short end of the stick, no gas in South Erregulla ):

That's drilling for ya ...

Anyways have a good day.

Kind regards
rcw1

Attachments

• stx South-Erregulla-Update.PDF
    67.4 KB · Views: 12
Big drop in the opening SP and so on. Still plenty much gas there though.

If the below comes up no good will this be a real negative for the share price or are there lots of other opportunities ?

From the update:
Strike will move to the up-dip SE-2 well, which is ready for production testing, and will
commence testing in the next 5 days. As further information on the SE-2 well test and SE-3
results are generated, Strike will provide further updates

Good afternoon
STX continued its fall ... Did something don't do, bought on the down; accumulated ... why ??? hey this is STX and they got gas maybe not in well SE3 (yet) but they do have gas.
Captured 105 000 STX shares at $0.30 on Friday, to add to rcw1 collection ...

Enjoy the week and good fortune all.

1708234542681.png

Good evening,
No trading halt this time round .. put in place before se3 results but but but but STX management in the middle of the trading day decide results for se2 to come out ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Not sure what is happening with well se2, now it too has problems. See attached. Not really that awe inspiring.

SP is now down about 55% since this time last month or thereabouts.
Rightly or wrongly did accumulate, 50 000 @ $0.215

@finicky @Miner
Query please:

Does anybody know for sure what this actually means (when read with Announcement dated 13/02/24 - attached)

Since the testing equipment departed SE-3, approximately 431 psi of well head pressure has been observed to have built up in the SE-3 well head (and is continuing to rise) indicating some form of a pressure response from the primary formation in that well.
rcw1 speculates that STX don't know what the problem is yet.

Kind regards
rcw1

Attachments

• stx South-Erregulla-Update.PDF
    67.4 KB · Views: 10
  • STX 200224 South-Erregulla-Update.PDF
    57.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi @rcw1 I would be useless here as I swore off spec gas and oilers after the Neon Energy (NEN - now defunct) scam that caught me many years ago. Total amateur, was my first and only foray in this sector.
Seems like all the balls are up in the air but likely that the SE-3 well is a dud, although the second announcement, 7 days after the first, says that pressure had built up in the interval but they don't know what it is, i.e could be water under pressure in the formation or could be gas is how I take it fwiw, they didn't know. I didn't get your reading on SE-2 as being problematic as my read it from the second Feb 20 announcement was SE-2 being in a process of assessment, i.e neutral? Maybe there is a later announcement? But really, take no notice of my take. From my Neon Energy debacle I came to understand that there are observers who can spot a negative outcome long before it is explicit in an announcement.
You've got me a bit interested in spite of myself, I love a 'bargain'. Will check out the latest.

Not Held