Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Storm at Sea

"I smell something. Do you smell that?" JV.
Sean I would love to type in what i am thinking, but I fear i just might cause offence to some delicate souls., and i don't want a blister from you or General Joe.
I shall just murmer..........................................................and that's all folks

Ahoy Brave and Loyal Crew
The crew.jpg
1687482910799-png.158540

Things are looking GRIM
Make sure our streaming services are paid up
Just in case we have to Batten Down the Hatches

Surveying our Bellwether Indexes you will see why the Captain is somewhat concerned

Sailing the NASDAQ 100-------------One WEEK at a Time----------------&-------------------One DAY at a Time
1687662852205.png
NB: About to tack SOUTH

Sailing the RUSSELL 2000-------------One WEEK at a Time----------------&-------------------One DAY at a Time
1687663904999.png
NB: One is in the Northern Hemisphere and the Other is in The Southern Hemisphere
To avoid FALSE Readings that occur in Weighted Indexes I use the EQUAL WEIGHTED design when available
She is also Going SOUTH

Sailing the S&P 500-EQUAL Weighted ETF-- One WEEK at a Time------&-------------------One DAY at a Time
1687664551008.png
And look at that !
We find her near the Equator where falling into the DOLDRUMs is quite common

I Ditched the DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL AVERAGE when the Designers thought it was Best to amalgamate the Top Hi-Tech Nasdaq Listed as INDUSTRIALS
I can understand why they did this
During the Hi-Tech /Dot Com BOOM nobody was interested the DJIA and naturally they feared for their futures

Crikey! Even last Year they almost put META into the Russell 2000 when she was at her cheapest
Can you imagine where the Russell 2000 would be now if a weighted Metta was placed into the Index then?

TBC
Salute and Stay Well

images.jpg

Things are looking GRIM
Last few days of downward pressure have not felt great I agree .. however, I'm not feeling any "capitulation" vibe just yet?

That may change of course, but it feels more like a short term re-balance where the markets might be transitioning from trending to ranging?

Markets in general are still sitting pretty high in their respective saddles. (Thats Horse talk, not sailor talk of course, lol :cow:)

The bad thing is, ranging markets are tougher to trade

One indicator supporting my thoughts would be the lack of movement in the VIX which is interesting given the current slide South on Index's.

1687674983086.png

GRIM it is in Australia also!

Sailing the All Ords -------------One WEEK at a Time---------------- ------&-------------------One DAY at a Time

1687670116249.png
NB: She is Heading SOUTH!

Trim Sails and "RUN for SHELTER at Dawn
Wet weather gear is in order

Sailing the Small Ords ------------One WEEK at a Time----------------&-------------------One DAY at a Time

1687670441133.png

Wet Weather Gear is in Order

Sailing the ASX 300------------One WEEK at a Time----------------&-------------------One DAY at a Time
I prefer the ASX300 as a Bellwether as she is Designed with all of the ASX 200 and 100 Smalls

1687671251314.png

Wet Weather Gear is in Order

Sailing the BHP-------------One WEEK at a Time---------------------&-------------------One DAY at a Time
They Say " As BHP Goes so Goes the Market!"
Hold on Tight
Wet Weather Gear is in Order as we Weather the Storm for now

1687674447636.png

Salute and Gods' Speed at Dawn
images (1).jpg

No sign of any reversal in the GOLD price
Hold on Tight to our Ultra Short GLL
Sailing for GOLD------------One WEEK at a Time----------------------------&-------------------One DAY at a Time

1687680606328.png
Sailing our Ultra Short GOLD GLL--------One WEEK at a Time-------&-------------------One DAY at a Time
1687680671948.png
Salute and Gods' Speed
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif

As they say back on land
" It's a Stock Pickers Market at the Moment"

I believe it is always the case

All hands on Deck at dawn
Hoist another ETHEREIUM Sail
We hoisted the 1st ETHERIUM in March refer to the ship's Log
1687683332692.png
"Week Ends are for Champions" XX and a Hug for you Sea-Cadet Barney

Salute and Gods' Speed

XYZ Yacht.GIF

Last few days of downward pressure have not felt great I agree .. however, I'm not feeling any "capitulation" vibe just yet?

That may change of course, but it feels more like a short term re-balance where the markets might be transitioning from trending to ranging?

Markets in general are still sitting pretty high in their respective saddles. (Thats Horse talk, not sailor talk of course, lol :cow:)

The bad thing is, ranging markets are tougher to trade

One indicator supporting my thoughts would be the lack of movement in the VIX which is interesting given the current slide South on Index's.

View attachment 158635
Ahoy Sea-Cadet Barney
1687482910799-png.158540

I think the VIX is Broken !
Either she has cracked a Mast or her Main Sail has been ripped apart like a Great White by the Heavy Seas and Strong Winds

If you don't remember what my father said I'll remind you
" Chaz , Don't Think .
You Are Not Good At It!"

I Think I am Right this Time!

Salute and Stay Well
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif

Here comes the Sea- Change we have all been Waiting For in our Industrial Metal Classification of sail

Sailing the Hang Seng ----------------One DAY at a Time----------------&----------------- 5 MINUTES at a Time

1687845873755.png
Sailing the Magnificent BHP ----------------One DAY at a Time----------------&----------------- 5 MINUTES at a Time
1687846955401.png

Salute and Gods' speed

XYZ Yacht.GIF

Attachments

• 1687846679608.png
    1687846679608.png
    440.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

The last 3 days shown above in the HSI and BHP is a well respected REVERSAL Pattern in TA
I call it a "Sea-Change" and trust it

Because NEWS /Idle Chatter is True or Fake, Positive or Negative it is meaningless and Dangerous to this skipper

NEWS can even bring Fear into the heads of some Captains and they have been known to Freeze at the Helm

Even the Bravest and the Most Loyal of Crew begin to question the Captain's orders
Many if not Millions of Great Opportunities are Lost

That is why the Good Ship HMAS Ship of Fools is a "NEWS FREE ZONE"

I hope you enjoy our new Theme Song

Salute and Gods' Speed
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif

Great Start
Hold on to your hats

z1489e00azf38a282d38f047918ea02fb83b3abe6a.png

Chart data is real-time, as of 28 06 2023 10:17am AEST

HeatmapLegend.png
-2.5%
0.00%
2.5%
Colour is based on price performance

Salute and Gods' Speed

XYZ Yacht.GIF

Ahoy Brave and Loyal
You are doing Good
Hold on really tight now as we approach Blue Skies again

Sailing the LRS ---------One DAY at a Time-----------&-------------5 MINUTS at a Time

1687916897911.png
Salute and Gods' speed
XYZ Yacht.GIF

GOLD is heading from BAD to BADDER Saes and Weather conditions

Hold on Tight to our Ultra Short GLL tonight

Sailing for GOLD -----------One DAY at a Time-------------&-----------------5 MINUTES at a Time
1687939993617.png
Hold onto your hats
Salute and Gods' speed
XYZ Yacht.GIF

Last edited:

Wet Weather Gear is in Order for Today
Hold on tight and stay the coarse

z1489e00az6f149b4fe00e4f88968625e27639e217.png
Chart data is real-time, as of 29 06 2023 10:15am AEST

HeatmapLegend.png
-2.5%
0.00%
2.5%
Colour is based on price performance

Salute and Gods' Speed

XYZ Yacht.GIF

Lower the # 3 and the #4 LRS Sails in quick time
and Take a well earned rest 0.135 to 0.3051688006774085.png

Hold onto the #1 and the #2 LRS Sails (average SP 0.125)
Salute and Gods' Speed
XYZ Yacht.GIF