Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Searching Aussie Stock Forums

Reactions
Quick question from a newbie... How do you search the ASF site for shares you are interested in or other keywords that may have been discussed in the forums?
I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Quick question from a newbie... How do you search the ASF site for shares you are interested in or other keywords that may have been discussed in the forums?
I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Click on the Search Button above, and enter the ASX code or the first word or two of the company name in the drop down box that appears. I recommend using the ASX code if you know it. Then check the "Search titles only" box and click "Search".

Just don't search ASX or any other common acronyms. ?
ASX title search only comes up with 36 pages of title search results containing ASX.
A more thorough search such as "ASX Limited" works better.
Using google site search works well I find. Don't need to be logged in either.
Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Hello maybe ok and Welcome to the Forum. I have the same problem just like you and is still learning to navigate here. I find it difficult, so spend minimum time here.
I will borrow a saying from Dr B...."If you don't ask, you never get".

Great, thanks

No problem. If you don't check the "Search titles only" box you will get search results that include every post where the ASX code or keyword you have searched for is mentioned. While some people may be looking for search results like this, most people are looking for threads where the ASX code or keyword searched for is in the thread title.

And yes, welcome to the forums! :)

I've been using forums for over 20 years, so I have come to understand them well. But despite how many of them there are out there on the web, some people have not had much to do with them and it does take a while to become familiar with their layout and functionaility. It's also worth noting that even different forum software packages can do things differently so there can be a learning curve when using different forums.

So always help others when you can. We are all new at something sometimes and kindness is a commodity that should never be in short supply.

I've been using forums for over 20 years, so I have come to understand them well. But despite how many of them there are out there on the web, some people have not had much to do with them and it does take a while to become familiar with their layout and functionaility. It's also worth noting that even different forum software packages can do things differently so there can be a learning curve when using different forums.

So always help others when you can. We are all new at something sometimes and kindness is a commodity that should never be in short supply.
To Clarify my position - My concern is not with the fact that different sites are awkard to navigate, (there are still areas within ASF that I find difficult) - my concern was with the introductory post....

As I said in my post #11, the introductory post was, "Not a Normal Introduction IMO"..... Take it or Leave it - that's my opinion.....

A Normal Introductory Post might be where a Newbie 'introduces themselves' and offers up some idea of who the newbie is, and what their aspirations are, what their knowledge base is, what stocks interest them, etc. etc... not just dive in and ask what appears to be a very mechanical question..... No wonder I'm cautious.....

You might use the initial posts in my 3 DrB Forums as an example, and from every other post I've made, EVERYBODY was able to gauge my Blunt & Direct attitides, my approach to trading, my goals, my intentions to help newbies, my offer to provide Free Educational Examples & advice....
The Duck & Rederob, and a few others jumped on me when I first lobbed here, that was their perogative, they tried to shoot me down, they lost.....!

Moving on......

DrB.

To Clarify my position - My concern is not with the fact that different sites are awkard to navigate, (there are still areas within ASF that I find difficult) - my concern was with the introductory post....

As I said in my post #11, the introductory post was, "Not a Normal Introduction IMO"..... Take it or Leave it - that's my opinion.....

A Normal Introductory Post might be where a Newbie 'introduces themselves' and offers up some idea of who the newbie is, and what their aspirations are, what their knowledge base is, what stocks interest them, etc. etc... not just dive in and ask what appears to be a very mechanical question..... No wonder I'm cautious.....

You might use the initial posts in my 3 DrB Forums as an example, and from every other post I've made, EVERYBODY was able to gauge my Blunt & Direct attitides, my approach to trading, my goals, my intentions to help newbies, my offer to provide Free Educational Examples & advice....
The Duck & Rederob, and a few others jumped on me when I first lobbed here, that was their perogative, they tried to shoot me down, they lost.....!

My own experiences have taught me that it is better to give someone the benefit of the doubt until such time as they prove themselves not worthy of it. 95% of those who come here arrive with good intentions but make different impressions on different people for a variety of reasons.

My first instinct is always to lend a hand even though I may have suspicions about someone's motives. It's always better to try and maintain an atmosphere of constructive and cordial interactions with others because the alternative is a toxic, unpleasant community that is no fun to visit and be a part of. I don't think anybody here really wants that kind of community.

While some prefer to introduce themselves first, others want to get straight to business and just start asking questions. Both approaches are fine as we are all individuals and do things our own way. I'm sure no disrespect was or is intended.