Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Rugby League

Beloved Cowboys v Manly tonight (06/07/24)

Bookies have Cowboys @ $1.74 head to head. Manly sitting at $2.10.

Gotta go where the heart is reckon.

Should be a good game.

Kind regards
rcw

Attachments

• IMG_5279.jpeg
    IMG_5279.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 3
Sorry mate, I tipped them to win.........too much weight carrying me as well ☹️
macca, Raiders playing Knights. Number 7 for Canberra, Adam Cook, Townsville boy. Cowboys didn't want him. Played many years in State League.

Had the number 20 on last week so the opposition didn't make plans to bash/target the lad. rcw luvs it when local northerner gets a gig in the big league. Hope the lad nails it at half back, looks to me like big Ricky giving the kid a go. Was previously contracted to Canberra but was told to go back to Queensland and play some more State League. Now he is obviously back in the green and has his chance.

Kind regards
rcw1

macca, Raiders playing Knights. Number 7 for Canberra, Adam Cook, Townsville boy. Cowboys didn't want him. Played many years in State League.

Had the number 20 on last week so the opposition didn't make plans to bash/target the lad. rcw luvs it when local northerner gets a gig in the big league. Hope the lad nails it at half back, looks to me like big Ricky giving the kid a go. Was previously contracted to Canberra but was told to go back to Queensland and play some more State League. Now he is obviously back in the green and has his chance.

Kind regards
rcw1
Hopefully the Knights can do it but I really dislike their game plans, they waste so much talent out wide.

So boring to watch as they bash and barge using 10 players instead of 17, Cronulla has adopted the same plan and they have collapsed into a boring rubble

I like to "pick" a youngster early on and follow their career, I always loved Greg Alexander and I picked Jonathan Thurston when he was with Canterbury.

Got into a few arguments with mates over JT, good bloke, good player is JT

Edit: Well Newcastle won but what a rubbish game, if they gave me a free ticket I would not go to watch that

Last edited:
Hopefully the Knights can do it but I really dislike their game plans, they waste so much talent out wide.

So boring to watch as they bash and barge using 10 players instead of 17, Cronulla has adopted the same plan and they have collapsed into a boring rubble

I like to "pick" a youngster early on and follow their career, I always loved Greg Alexander and I picked Jonathan Thurston when he was with Canterbury.

Got into a few arguments with mates over JT, good bloke, good player is JT

Edit: Well Newcastle won but what a rubbish game, if they gave me a free ticket I would not go to watch that
@macca what's your initial thoughts on Adam? Looks to be the lad has one hell of a left boot on him...

@macca what's your initial thoughts on Adam? Looks to be the lad has one hell of a left boot on him...
Made a few mistakes but he picked himself up and got stuck in to it.

So many players make an error and drop their bundle for 30mins, they get frightened to play their own game and that limits their impact.

In the halves you have to back yourself and take risks and he did do that so he has some ticker.

Hopefully Ricky will give him another go, nerves are dreadful things and he will settle down a bit more each game.

He only needs a few things to "work" and Canberra to win and the confidence grows and the true player emerges

Good morning,
Kalyn Ponga returns to the Maroons set-up, winning a spot on the bench, along with veteran centre Dane Gagai.

But there’s no room for back-rower David Fifita, with Kurt Capewell earning a promotion to the starting side and Jaydn Su’A dropping out.

1720397764119.png

Q U E E N S L A N D E R

Game 3 SoO at Suncorp tonight...
Should be a thriller; oh the joy of it all.

Bookies have Qld at $1.85 to win and NSW at $1.95 to win - head to head
Draw pays 16 bucks

rcw1 on Qld head to head.

Kick off 8.05pm AEST
Referee Ashley Klein.

Maroons Ins​

• Kalyn Ponga
  • Reed Mahoney
  • Selwyn Cobbo
  • Trent Loiero

Maroons Outs​

• Jaydn Su'A
  • Murray Taulagi
  • Xavier Coates

Blues Ins​

• Bradman Best
  • Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i
  • Matt Burton

Blues Outs​

• Haumole Olakau'atu
  • Latrell Mitchell

So the Maroons have changed the forward pack run on side... Fotuaika, Grant and Kaufusi all starting now. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Some bash and barge up the middle, will make for one hell of forward clash.. Bring it on...

Q U E E N S L A N D E R

teams g0 to the sheds for half time. Qld 2 NSW 0 They bashed each other and expect the game to open up more in attack during the 2nd half. Anyone's game this one

EDIT: Looking forward to Kalyn Ponga coming on

1f61e@2x.png
rcw1 in mourning

EDIT: Congratulations to the Blues, well done, series win for them in 2024.

A classic "final" tough and hard, low scores, first to break loses..........................

I think this will be used as a benchmark for Origins for the next decade

Good to see the Blues win and I hope we have a run of close series for a few years, if Qld win next year then NSW wins the year after the interest in Rugby League will soar.

Another year, another self destruction by the Broncos

Look out Kevvie you are in the gun again