Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Rugby League

How long can Rabbitohs coach Demetriou last? They have the bye this round. Next game is Storm IN Melbourne - definitely would tip Storm on that one. Then week after is Panthers - also Panthers would be the go there I reckon. After that they have four teams in a row (Dragons, Cowboys, Eels, Titans) where they have a better chance for a win.
Hi StockyGuy
certainly up against it, for sure. Footy funny beast, anything could happen. Interested actually to see how the lad can or cannot pull it off. They say Demetriou has it... but like most he will need to learn trouble is, time for learning all over red rover, time for results!!

Kind regards
rcw1

Current losses make all the talk about Wighton moving over to maximise chances of grabbing a premiership seem funny.
yeah... thinking was some thing else happening at the raiders... it really didn.t add up for rcw1. He may well have suggested that, but not sure. Maybe he just believed the odds of a premiership was better at the Rabbits as opposed to the raiders, who by the way, nearly had their hands on a premiership in 2019, but not entirely convinced that was the only reason

Kind regards
rcw1

Just over a month or so away from the naming of the Qld State of Origin squad for the opening game...
Tom Gilbert and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui have season-ending injuries and Coen Hess is also injured. So who does the Maroons go with?? The other problem, well, its a good problem, if there is any such thing !!! Reece Walsh or Kalyn Ponga
or both ???

Kind regards
rcw1
Ponga out for 12 weeks, ligament foot injury.

kind regards
rcw1

Ponga out for 12 weeks, ligament foot injury.

kind regards
rcw1
I read a comment that he limped out on to the field at the Start of the game which seems rather odd.

They left him out there last week and he let in 12 points limping around which cost them the game.

In the Dolphins game Hammer hurt his leg, 2 mins later he is off and a replacement is on the field.

Says rather a lot for the coaching levels at each club to me.

I read a comment that he limped out on to the field at the Start of the game which seems rather odd.

They left him out there last week and he let in 12 points limping around which cost them the game.

In the Dolphins game Hammer hurt his leg, 2 mins later he is off and a replacement is on the field.

Says rather a lot for the coaching levels at each club to me.
good point macca

Kind regards
rcw1

Cronulla co-captain Dale Finucane has announced his immediate retirement from rugby league after seeking medical advice on his history with concussions.

Liked the lad, tough as, 251-game NRL career. Enjoy retirement bloke.

Kind regards
rcw1

Cronulla co-captain Dale Finucane has announced his immediate retirement from rugby league after seeking medical advice on his history with concussions.

Liked the lad, tough as, 251-game NRL career. Enjoy retirement bloke.

Kind regards
rcw1
Think they forced him to retire in the end!

So, the Warriors lost today to the Titans in Auckland. Money for jam... not.
Well done first win for the season, for the Titans.

St George v Roosters has started with a bang... Suli knocked out first tackle. gunna be a tough game this little beauty.
Enjoy ..
EDIT: Roosters taking the pill up strong and hard!!
edit2: WHAT A TRY... The dragons go in .. Hunt great pass started it all oh rcw1 luv s the game of rugby league...
Kind regards
rcw

Roosters starting to assert some dominance. long way to go yet, games are won over 80 minutes...

rcw1 notes looks like, Jason Taumalolo, fall guy for the Cowboys disappointing performances of late.
The million dollar man wears the number 15 interchange jersey for Saturday's battle against the Penrith Panthers. rcw1 will be there Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville... Bookies got the Cowboys at $3.40 head to head and Panthers at $1.32 head to head

Kind regards
rcw1

Roosters starting to assert some dominance. long way to go yet, games are won over 80 minutes...

rcw1 notes looks like, Jason Taumalolo, fall guy for the Cowboys disappointing performances of late.
The million dollar man wears the number 15 interchange jersey for Saturday's battle against the Penrith Panthers. rcw1 will be there Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville... Bookies got the Cowboys at $3.40 head to head and Panthers at $1.32 head to head

Kind regards
rcw1

Taumalolo warm up
EDIT: Feldt 200 NRL games; Drinkwater 100

IMG_5021.jpeg

Last edited:
Queensland State League Game.
Hostplus Cup:
Redcliffe v TVille Blackhawks
Good game, Hawks in front 26 to 20

22 minutes on the clock left 2nd half. Beer nice and cold … too :)
rcw1

200.gif

Jason Demetriou sacked as Rabbitohs coach.
Furner will take over as interim apparently.

Expect big Wayne Bennett to get the gig... (assumption)
EDIT Hornby to take over as interim coach

Kind regards
rcw1

Last edited:
View attachment 175952

Kind regards
rcw1
I think the bloke inherited a pig, way too many egos for a newbie to handle

I don't think WB will do an encore, I would get a bloke with a hard reputation and if that causes some players to depart then it will be good for the club long term IMO

The club and the game needs to think of the future because I can see a political career or an activist role being more important than footie for LM

Good morning Rugby League fans...
Round nine draw attached.
Game of the round for mind is Broncos v Roosters.
Dophins v Cowboys game in Townsville should be a good clash too.

Oh the joy of it all...

Attachments

• round 9 NRL 2024.pdf
    599.8 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 175952

Kind regards
rcw1
Souths went WOKE and ego driven players went rouge. He had no chance.
Yea Hornby is taking over that basket case of a club.

Probably stay wooden Spooners.

TiTans wont win this week but hopefully win quite a few by years end.

TiTans wont win this week but hopefully win quite a few by years end.
Yeah reckon it will take awhile for Big Dessy to make an impact. Not a bad roster but will take time to go about their business, the Des Hasler way. Interested how they go this year. another strong Queensland team would suit rcw1 any day of the week :)

Kind regards
rcw1