Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Mr. Trump (The Donald) To Win in 2024

Interesting article, with an enlightening comment.

ormer President Donald Trump’s unabashed opposition to electric cars isn’t new. The now-official Republican nominee and his running mate, Senator J.D. Vance, have waged a war on EVs. “The cars don’t go far enough. They’re very, very expensive. They’re also heavy,” Trump told Bloomberg recently. He’s also said that the auto industry would face a “bloodbath” from Chinese competition if he were not reelected. But at this week’s Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, Trump expressed a surprise openness to Chinese automakers building factories in the U.S.
“Right now as we speak, large factories just are being built across the border in Mexico,” Trump said at the Republican National Convention on Thursday. He added, “Those plants are going to be built in the United States and our people are going to man those plants."

Trump told Bloomberg recently. He’s also said that the auto industry would face a “bloodbath” from Chinese competition if he were not reelected.
Thanks for finding that quote because the Dem propagandists only saw fit to quote and repeat ad nauseum the last part of it, viz, he warned of "a bloodbath if he were not reelected", then linked that 'threat' to the horrifically violent Jan 6 'insurrection'. The only insurrection that was without guns and from a demographic that owns guns and where the only direct deaths were of protesters.

Screenshot_20240721_174603_Chrome.jpg

Mr. Biden has withdrawn. I do hope somebody has told him and that he understands.

Mr. Trump and Mr. Vance look set for 12 years in power between them.

gg

There has been a couple of things overlooked in all this decision to replace Biden.
There are some very strange laws around the election systems, some of which can be overcome, some which ca't.
It is not helped by the fact that the laws can vary from state to state.
In the case of two states, once a ticket has been declared, the nominees cannot be altered unless the name on the ballot ticket dies, or in the case of an existing official, removed via the 25th amendment.
In Wisconsin, a candidate can be removed from a ballot in the case of death.
Biden did not die (yet).
And even if he were to die tomorrow, it will not change, because he has already withdrawn, so his death, while perhaps unfortunate for him and his family, will not the change the legal niceties in that state.
In Nevada, no changes can be made to the ballot after 5 p.m. on the fourth Friday in June of an election year or 'a nominee dies or is adjudicated insane or mentally incompetent.
It’s past June, and Biden has not died, nor been ousted using the 25th amendment.
In some states such as Carolina, they do not allow candidates to withdraw for political reasons. You can be pretty certain that someone in Carolina will challenge the replacement of Biden on the grounds that he is with drawing for political reasons, namely he could not win.
Some states have no laws at all surrounding the withdrawl of nominating candidates, and according to the Washington post , there have been 5 cases of congress members who have died after the ballot papers were declared, and still got voted in!
There is of course always the possibility that the members of the electoral college can switch their votes, the so called faithless electors.
That would probably bring in more appeals to the courts system.
33 of the states have systems in place to allow the withdrawl and replacement of candidates according the local DNC rules.
They should be able to transition ok.
It will be fun time.
Mick

I didn't think Biden has been officially endorsed yet?

I didn't think Biden has been officially endorsed yet?
No he has not.
If you were referring to my post above, my post was about appearing on the ballot papers.
Being endorsed as a candidate for a party does not preclude a candidate, or endorse one being on the ballot papers.
There are non aligned candidates who may be on some states ballot papers (eg. RFK)
As I tried to point out, these strange election practices are all state based, and the conditions vary between states.

Mick

Seems as if every Democrat organisation is supporting Kamala Harris as Nominee and saluting Joe Bidens decision to stand aside. Certainly re vitalising the Presidential race

I wonder if Trump would stand aside - particularly when a revitalised Democrat Party take aim at his BS.

Re any problems with the late change.

1721615236868.png

Leading Democrats back Kamala Harris as donations surge following Biden’s withdrawal from race – live​

Vice-president says she will do ‘everything in my power to unite’ the party; liberal political action committee ActBlue says $46.7m raised in hours since Biden withdrew

Joe and Jill are a great loss to the U.S but Kamala is the one who can pick up the mantle and continue their work in uniting the DNC and America. God speed Kamala.

@basilio I was hoping you would redirect the forensic skills and attention to minutiae that you focused on Trump, over paying off a blackmailing hooker, to dissecting the context of his attempted assassination. I've missed your grasp on reality.

Leading Democrats back Kamala Harris as donations surge following Biden’s withdrawal from race – live​

Vice-president says she will do ‘everything in my power to unite’ the party; liberal political action committee ActBlue says $46.7m raised in hours since Biden withdrew
It's good to see the bribes, I mean donantions have started rolling in again. 😂

Trump sought $1 billion from oil execs for his 2024 campaign in a deal worth $110 billion to energy giants, reports say​

• Trump is alleged to have sought $1 billion from oil executives at Mar-a-Lago for his 2024 campaign.
  • He promised to lift drilling barriers, gas export moratoriums, and pollution regulations.
  • Oil companies risk losing $110 billion in tax breaks if Biden's budget is enacted, said The Guardian.

Trump sought $1 billion from oil execs for his 2024 campaign in a deal worth $110 billion to energy giants, reports say​

• Trump is alleged to have sought $1 billion from oil executives at Mar-a-Lago for his 2024 campaign.
  • He promised to lift drilling barriers, gas export moratoriums, and pollution regulations.
  • Oil companies risk losing $110 billion in tax breaks if Biden's budget is enacted, said The Guardian.
Don't tell me, the Guardian and WaPo got their allegations from Crowdstrike.
Mick

The bookies always get it right. Mind you, he and J.D. ,

will have to survive the spike of 4am mail-in votes. :D

will have to survive the spike of 4am mail-in votes
The rat cunning scumbags learned a lot of tricks from the 2020 steal. Not clear sailing for Donald. At least this time they won't have Covid to push postal ballots - unless they have a new variant up their sleeve.