Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Mr. Trump (The Donald) To Win in 2024

I wonder if Michelle Obama will have a crack.
I'm thinking dems might throw another black candidate in.

The betting market doesn't think so, but I do think from the democratic perspective she would probably be a better bet than Newsome, on the face of it.

Newsome is the better debater however and still my back for the nominee... Might even have a bet on that roughly 10/1 odds on Betfair.

Also just want to reiterate that I got $4.20 on Trump... Into $1.70 last time I looked.

I think there is one or two tasty lays in the field to0.

Current Dem nominee market on Betfair

Screenshot_2024-06-28-14-31-38-94_555dedd731fac1f5d8838645a52c3692.jpg

The betting market doesn't think so, but I do think from the democratic perspective she would probably be a better bet than Newsome, on the face of it.

Newsome is the better debater however and still my back for the nominee... Might even have a bet on that roughly 10/1 odds on Betfair.

Also just want to reiterate that I got $4.20 on Trump... Into $1.70 last time I looked.

I think there is one or two tasty lays in the field to0.
Im just not convinced on Newsom. Dems would go with a DEI hire to clinch it.

Hillary might be thrown in as a redemption arc/girl boss. Yanks love that sht.
Safe bet would be MObama imo.
But then again, dems could always just cheat.

I guess the real problem is, a lot of Biden supporters thought the clips of him fumbling over the last couple of years, were fake.
Now they know it wasn't and there has been a cover up, there is no way you could say Mr Biden was actually running the country, so who was?
Shocking vision IMO.

Hillary might be thrown in as a redemption arc/girl boss. Yanks love that sht.
Safe bet would be MObama imo.
That surprise me because she is so disliked. Just layed on an amount that would seriously hurt if she got the nomination.

The media is in full swing attacking Biden. CNN (Biden's poor showing and Trump's repeated falsehoods) & MSNBC (Biden just gave one of the worst debate performances in recent memory) are hammering him hard. He's got to be finished as the democratic candidate. Unity in the press was Bidens biggest asset before today.

Obamas are rich - get to travel the world on someone else's dime to get paid to talk. What a great life. Why waste your time being Prez? Always felt like Obama(a) was just doing things to get rich and famous - not for power. They got what they wanted - so why go backwards?

Newsom would be interesting as he is the only politician currently who seems to have national name recognition and is clearly more polished, better looking, and of the right age to appeal to young and old. However, the state of California is a noose around his neck. The attack ads would just be pictures of LA, SF, and the price of petrol at the pump.

I honestly think the Dems should yank a random governor / senator out of the mix and win the election. To me - Trump already has all the votes he's going to get and the game for him is convincing democrats and fence sitters to just stay at home this election (which Biden did for him today). It's been 8+ years of "anyone by Hilary, Donald, or Sleepy Creepy Joe"

Good news is this thang just got so much more interesting!!! The entertainment is back!

I suspect that's the other half of why they have someone so preposterous front and centre. If they know they can cheat to a win, like they knew in the 4 years leading to 2020 with the mail in ballots, biased media and the smearing, then why does it matter who their front piece is? The first half of why they have him there is that he is now feeble minded and fully manipulable from behind the scenes. He has served as a pushover dupe for Obama imo

They would not let Biden debate unless they wanted him gone. This whole thing was a setup.
That is the only reasonable explanation.

However nothing about the current democratic Party is reasonable so I'm a little bit doubtful. They have spent the last two or three years trying to explain away his cognitive decline, even accusing the republicans of creating deep fakes.

At this stage I don't know what to think.

They would not let Biden debate unless they wanted him gone. This whole thing was a setup.
That makes sense, but why do it in such a publicly humiliating way, they could have just tapped him on the shoulder and said "mate you need to announce your retirement, for health and family reasons".
That's usually how it goes.
To let him go on T.V like that, a lot of voters will say, why wont they just roll out another Joe to replace that one.
They've lost a lot of credibility IMO.
Imagine what all the heads of State of different Countries must have thought, when meeting him, they probably went WTF is going on.

Last edited:
You are a weird dude, why would anybody want to lay Hillary Clinton?
Mick
Haha

I would stick needles in my eyes before that sort of lay. Assuming that you genuinely don't know and aren't making a joke, on betting exchanges such as Betfair you can take the other side of the bet, it's called a lay.

Let's say XYZ is $5.00 win. You put down a dollar and stand to either lose that dollar, or profit by four dollars. That is called a back.

You can't take the other side if your view is that XYZ cannot win. You are in effect acting like the bookie. So if xyz doesn't win you keep the dollar staked however if xyz does happen to win then you have to pay out $5, you're loss being four dollars. That is called a lay.

That makes sense, but why do it in such a publicly humiliating way, they could have just tapped him on the shoulder and said "mate you need to announce your retirement, for health and family reasons".
That's usually how it goes.
To let him go on T.V like that, a lot of voters will say, why wont they just roll out another Joe to replace that one.
They've lost a lot of credibility IMO.
Imagine what all the heads of State of different Countries must have thought, when meeting him, they probably went WTF is going on.
Because democrats believed the narrative that "Joe is mentally sharp". There were members on here that believed it. That's the problem with "group think". I think some were saying Trump wasn't mentally all there, I'd attribute that more to massive stress rather than any cognitive issues.

Joe had to be shown in all his glory and his supporters had to come to the conclusion themselves. Joe is senile. They threw him under the bus to write the next chapter they will all drool over.

If they stick with Joe they want to lose. I just can't see that happening. It will be someone that injects energy into the vote.

It amazes me that people still listen to the media. They were literally praising how sharp Joe was and people were believing it. How fast did they turn.