Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

June 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

LRV. What a great win by @Dona Ferentes . That came from nowhere. He must tell us again sans Italiano how he picked The Fat Man. Perhaps this below explains the surge in price.

1719561522916.png

@Ferret and @brerwallabi were unlucky to be in 2nd and 3rd.

To my surprise I was in 4th, so I have sacked all the analists I hired to assist me in my pick for July and will go with the Magic Golden Dart again.

gg

LRV. What a great win by @Dona Ferentes . That came from nowhere. He must tell us again sans Italiano how he picked The Fat Man. Perhaps this below explains the surge in price.
I tipped LRV in April, and was in the running til it wasn't, thought about it in May , which would have had me on the podium.
@Ferret and @brerwallabi were unlucky to be in 2nd and 3rd.
well done, you two. Again, @Ferret, I thought you had it in the bag.
To my surprise I was in 4th, so I have sacked all the analists I hired to assist me in my pick for July and will go with the Magic Golden Dart again.
yeah right. A friend told me MGD is not a winner.... in fact, not even a stock!

Last edited:
How many times have I been last? 🤣🤣

Enough, @Faramir , enough and so much so that I have often thought of asking you to form a short selling syndicate in to which some 20 or 30 fellow ASF members might toss a lazy $10,000 and watch you short ( for you in fact it would be picking a sure fire winner ) some of our more illustrious companies with poorly performing boards and low friends in high places.

It is all in this article from Forbes and doesn't appear to be all that difficult.

Seriously though, one can have a run of bad luck and your day will come, perhaps in July 2024. Stay positive.

gg

Enough, @Faramir , enough and so much so that I have often thought of asking you to form a short selling syndicate in to which some 20 or 30 fellow ASF members might toss a lazy $10,000 and watch you short ( for you in fact it would be picking a sure fire winner ) some of our more illustrious companies with poorly performing boards and low friends in high places.

It is all in this article from Forbes and doesn't appear to be all that difficult.

Seriously though, one can have a run of bad luck and your day will come, perhaps in July 2024. Stay positive.

gg
I have never shorted in real life. Knowing my luck, that stock will boom if I put real money into shorting. I am not at that stage of my investing life where I can be confident with shorting. It is just fun picking a stock here and laughing at my results because I have no real money involved nor do I know anything about the stocks I pick.

I have never shorted in real life. Knowing my luck, that stock will boom if I put real money into shorting. I am not at that stage of my investing life where I can be confident with shorting. It is just fun picking a stock here and laughing at my results because I have no real money involved nor do I know anything about the stocks I pick.
And @Faramir the proof is in this month's comp 🤣

Apologies for not posting this last night but I was otherwise occupied.

Congratulations to @Dona Ferentes, @Ferret, and @brerwallabi for taking out the top three spots in the June 2024 stock tipping competition in what was a difficult month! :xyxthumbs

Done Ferentes finished in first place with an outstanding 26.32% return with LRV. In second place was Ferret who achieved an enviable 23.6% with TYR. Rounding out the top three for June was brerwallabi who selected XF1, which returned a solid 9.09%.

Can @Dona Ferentes, @Ferret, and @brerwallabi please contact me via PM regarding their prizes.

Best of luck to all in the July competition! :)

Here are the final results for June:

0624end.jpg

well i managed to grab a parcel of my selection on the last day at a reasonable price , despite @Faramir iron grip on the feather duster

so am not so sad i missed out on cellar duties in July

BTW

CONGRATULATIONS TO @Dona Ferentes well done

nice work for @Ferret and @brerwallabi for keeping the pressure on @Dona Ferentes

try as @Garpal Gumnut did he couldn't nudge into the prize-money

a tough month for most

good luck in July everybody