Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

January 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

Looking a the chart tonight it would appear that the bottom three are of more interest than those at the opposite end.
am doing what i can to elbow my way into that trio

PTM have left the new fund launch too late to lift PTM for this month ( so have little chance of going back into the green )

The comp is quite interesting this month.

I began quite fortuitously with a charge on MTM which probably should have received the salty approbation of those much more skilled than I in stock picking. As predicted the fall was as great as the rise and @houtman on his BSN moved in to a commanding lead.

As the month progressed he held his place and unless there is a move from others in the next 3 days @houtman should win, with @rcm617 and @brerwallabi fighting it out for second and third
. I still feel @brerwallabi has a good chance of a win though.

The top ten from me down to @Dona Ferentes seems well positioned to stagnate as the recent bull move has had a well earned pause.

The market since November resembles an incoming tide whereby any old mariner could claim expertise. And then the tide goes out!

1706316198134.png

gg

The comp is quite interesting this month...

The top ten .. seems well positioned to stagnate as the recent bull move has had a well earned pause. ..The market since November resembles an incoming tide whereby any old mariner could claim expertise. And then the tide goes out.
quite a few bridesmaids will have their Quarterly announcements come out in the next few days, as they have till 31st to file.

Often, a rapid rerating, UP or DOWN, can happen. Expect change.

The comp is quite interesting this month.

I began quite fortuitously with a charge on MTM which probably should have received the salty approbation of those much more skilled than I in stock picking. As predicted the fall was as great as the rise and @houtman on his BSN moved in to a commanding lead.

As the month progressed he held his place and unless there is a move from others in the next 3 days @houtman should win, with @rcm617 and @brerwallabi fighting it out for second and third
. I still feel @brerwallabi has a good chance of a win though.

The top ten from me down to @Dona Ferentes seems well positioned to stagnate as the recent bull move has had a well earned pause.

The market since November resembles an incoming tide whereby any old mariner could claim expertise. And then the tide goes out!

View attachment 169668

gg
@Garpal Gumnut thanks for your confidence in LOT however I think houtman has it, pretty safe the next three in a first four flexi bet.
LOT will prove a good stayer through the year, don’t see it as a sprinter and a win first up is unlikely.
Anything could happen in the final furlong though.

It would appear that the top three are fairly safe as are the three cellar dwellers
easy to assume that ... but SGC ran through the field today.

still some reportage tomorrow and Wed, so things may change.

Just sayin'
I would agree with @Dona Ferentes

Early days yet in the monthly competition.

This is not to take anything away from @houtman. For those of us who by skill and dedication to spreadsheets, drilling results and charts have been infrequently there, it is quite a nerveracking few days before crossing the line.

And in fact even some of those sad souls in the bottom of the field could with the whirl of a drill or the white powdered sniff of a fund manager's nose, bound up through the ranks to win.

I would be happy to sell my spot in the competition, for $10, that is $USD10 which is $AUD15 to anyone who wants a better chance on MTM. ( If I ever knew what they did I've forgotten. I only picked them as @Dona Ferentes and @frugal.rock seemed to have posted a bit on them in December and I was being lazy ).

Anyways, whatever they do and how well they do it, I would highly recommend them to win in January.

gg

I would be happy to sell my spot in the competition, for $10, that is $USD10 which is $AUD15 to anyone who wants a better chance on MTM. ( If I ever knew what they did I've forgotten. I only picked them as @Dona Ferentes and @frugal.rock seemed to have posted a bit on them in December and I was being lazy ).
I only mentioned MTM so you wouldn't stray to some of the other speccies starting with M.

Tuesday's Update for the Jan Comp ......... only 1 trading day left and we might have a fight on our hands at the finishing line. XSO is nearly even for the month but @Telamelo is down a bit over 2% -$652.80

@houtman BSN 41.67% still leads after falling again today and out of the blue came @Dona Ferentes MP1 35.65% with a great run, up 27.61% today.
A battle for 3rd but @brerwallabi LOT 24.56% has it at the moment with a LOT of backing from @Garpal Gumnut.
@IvoryWolf SGC, @mullokintyre PNV are just behind keeping them honest and I noticed @peter2 DXB make a 25.71% move up today, must have been an ok report yesterday.

www jan 30.PNG

Hearty congratulations of houtman, dona and brerwalabi for being the winners of January comp.
And now to the most important position of all.
Knobby22 finishing a miserable last.
Chastised and banished to the cellar for dusting and clean-up duties
But fear not Knobby22 your lowly position does have some benefits, a not so comfortable recycled lounge chair scavenged from the tip, a quantity (not quality) supply of gut rot red, and of course that much cherished Certificate of do Better Next Time.

End of the January Monthly Tipping Competition ......... XSO went up 0.87% this month but the ASF Team Average went down -2.65%. Sorry @Telamelo half the Team didn't help the Monthly Gamble.

1st: @houtman BSN 54.17% held on and actually had a nice finish today. Congratulations on a great pick and enjoy your bragging. :xyxthumbs

2nd: @Dona Ferentes MP1 38.15% had a great start to the week and had no trouble holding onto 2nd Place today. :xyxthumbs

3rd: @brerwallabi LOT 28.07% has been challenging all month and certainly deserves to pick up the minor place on the podium. :xyxthumbs

Congrats and well done to the top 3. @Knobby22 has the dusting duties this month down in the basement but it's only 1 more night. ;)

Don't forget your entries into the February Comp and enjoy your evening Folks. :)

Joe will be along shortly with the official presentation.

www jan month.PNG

End of the January Monthly Tipping Competition ......... XSO went up 0.87% this month but the ASF Team Average went down -2.65%. Sorry @Telamelo half the Team didn't help the Monthly Gamble.

1st: @houtman BSN 54.17% held on and actually had a nice finish today. Congratulations on a great pick and enjoy your bragging. :xyxthumbs

2nd: @Dona Ferentes MP1 38.15% had a great start to the week and had no trouble holding onto 2nd Place today. :xyxthumbs

3rd: @brerwallabi LOT 28.07% has been challenging all month and certainly deserves to pick up the minor place on the podium. :xyxthumbs

Congrats and well done to the top 3. @Knobby22 has the dusting duties this month down in the basement but it's only 1 more night. ;)

Don't forget your entries into the February Comp and enjoy your evening Folks. :)

Joe will be along shortly with the official presentation.

View attachment 169925
Sadly my tip FRE slipped at the last hurdle falling back to 12th Aah well there's always next month.

Congratulations to @houtman, @Dona Ferentes, and @brerwallabi for taking out the top three spots in the January 2024 stock tipping competition! :xyxthumbs

Houtman finished in first place with an impressive 54.17% return with BSN. In second place was Dona Ferentes who achieved an excellent 38.15% with MP1. Rounding out the top three for January was brerwallabi who selected LOT, which returned a very favourable 28.07%.

Can @houtman, @Dona Ferentes, and @brerwallabi please contact me via PM regarding their prizes.

Best of luck to all in the February competition! :)

Here are the final results for January:

0124end.jpg

very nice work from @houtman, congratulations , well done

nice work from @Dona Ferentes, and @brerwallabi for keeping some pressure on @houtman,

at least @Knobby22 managed to keep @Faramir out of his frequently visited residence ( not an easy task i have been trying for months )

congratulations to the place-getters

and good luck to all the entrants in February's competition