Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

January 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

Joe Blow

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
Good morning everyone and welcome to the January 2024 stock tipping competition! :)

The January 2024 stock tipping competition is proudly sponsored by TradingView, a charting platform and social network used by 50M+ traders and investors worldwide to spot opportunities across global markets.
  • Technical analysis done right with 400+ built-in indicators and strategies, 100,000+ public indicators, 110+ smart drawing tools, Volume Profile indicators, Candlestick patterns recognition, Multi-timeframe analysis and Auto Chart Patterns.
  • Never miss a trade with powerful, flexible and ultra-precise trading alerts that can be created directly from charts. Cloud-based, they are available on any device and can be powered by Pine Script®.
  • Perform comprehensive financial analysis with an extensive array of fundamental data for all major stock exchanges including 100+ fundamentals, financial reports, valuation analysis and historical data.
  • Simulate real trading right on your chart. Test ready-made or self-written strategies in real-time based on historical data.
Sign up through a link at ASF to receive $15 off the price of your first subscription. :xyxthumbs

This month there were two entrants who forgot to post in the thread of their stock tip in accordance with the competition rules: @explod and @chezza_direct. If @explod and @chezza_direct post in the thread of their competition entry within the next 48 hours they will be added to the January competition. @Iggy_Pop is not included in the screenshot attached to this post but has been added to the competition.

Could all qualifying entrants please check their entry and entry price and report any errors to me in this thread.

Keep track of the results here: ASF Stock Competition Leaderboard

Feel free to discuss the competition in this thread as the month progresses.

0124start.jpg

hope you are feeling better Joe

cheers

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery from whatever ails you Joe.

This reminds me of when I was a schoolboy, many years ago.

There were always two sitting up front trying to be "Teachers Pet".

I suppose next your mothers' will be bringing in a pack of Joe's favourite cigarettes.

How times have changed. Best of luck you both, just a reminisce. Don't mind me.

gg

Good morning everyone and welcome to the January 2024 stock tipping competition! :)

The January 2024 stock tipping competition is proudly sponsored by TradingView, a charting platform and social network used by 50M+ traders and investors worldwide to spot opportunities across global markets.
  • Technical analysis done right with 400+ built-in indicators and strategies, 100,000+ public indicators, 110+ smart drawing tools, Volume Profile indicators, Candlestick patterns recognition, Multi-timeframe analysis and Auto Chart Patterns.
  • Never miss a trade with powerful, flexible and ultra-precise trading alerts that can be created directly from charts. Cloud-based, they are available on any device and can be powered by Pine Script®.
  • Perform comprehensive financial analysis with an extensive array of fundamental data for all major stock exchanges including 100+ fundamentals, financial reports, valuation analysis and historical data.
  • Simulate real trading right on your chart. Test ready-made or self-written strategies in real-time based on historical data.
Sign up through a link at ASF to receive $15 off the price of your first subscription. :xyxthumbs

This month there were two entrants who forgot to post in the thread of their stock tip in accordance with the competition rules: @explod and @chezza_direct. If @explod and @chezza_direct post in the thread of their competition entry within the next 48 hours they will be added to the January competition. @Iggy_Pop is not included in the screenshot attached to this post but has been added to the competition.

Could all qualifying entrants please check their entry and entry price and report any errors to me in this thread.

Keep track of the results here: ASF Stock Competition Leaderboard

Feel free to discuss the competition in this thread as the month progresses.

View attachment 168179
Only a couple of days into the comp and woe is me 2/3 not looking to flash or good.

Early days but a quick update. Everyone's colours have been allocated and loaded into the chart.
At the moment: 1st - @IvoryWolf SGC 18.18% ..... 2nd - @peter2 DXB 17.07% ...... 3rd - @rcm617 STK 15.79%

@Craton PVE & @verce NGL didn't have a trade go through on Friday so didn't reset to 0 (zero) on the chart.
Once traded this month both cut across the chart so naturally their percentages on the chart won't match up this month with the Comp Ladder, which is the correct percentage and position.
Apologies to both but out of my control.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 213311.jpg

Early days but a quick update. Everyone's colours have been allocated and loaded into the chart.
At the moment: 1st - @IvoryWolf SGC 18.18% ..... 2nd - @peter2 DXB 17.07% ...... 3rd - @rcm617 STK 15.79%

@Craton PVE & @verce NGL didn't have a trade go through on Friday so didn't reset to 0 (zero) on the chart.
Once traded this month both cut across the chart so naturally their percentages on the chart won't match up this month with the Comp Ladder, which is the correct percentage and position.

View attachment 168250
Though I would like to be somewhat higher up the ladder !!!!

View attachment 168250
Do we have any inout on the colour chosen?
I seem to be consistently allocated hues of red.
never matches my outfit.
mick

Do we have any inout on the colour chosen?
I seem to be consistently allocated hues of red.
never matches my outfit.
mick
Good morning Mick,

Strangely enough I'm looking at the colours at this very moment.
Over time I moved towards allocating a colour to each tipster. This way each and every month it would to be easier and quicker for them to look at the chart, to see their colour and their journey compared to others.

The battles from my end - No matter what background colour you use it restricts - A tipster with only 1 or 2 tips not returning or returning after an absence after being allocated a colour, so a colour is tied up - Finding colours not too close to another colour when put together makes it a bit harder, they look OK when apart, but ......

Below is a part clip of some tipsters on the sideline with their allocated colours waiting to be put into action on their return.
When they return their colour is the same for ease of use. I don't mind doing that, the battle is mine to fix.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 080219.jpg

Question Mick - What colour outfit do you have or like ? Or is there a certain colour that you want ? I'm sure I can find something to suit you and only too happy to do so. :)

Don't expect me to help .

.... Nothing to see here

View attachment 168269
or here
View attachment 168267
or here
View attachment 168268
or here
View attachment 168270
ah yes i failed that in multiple ways at primary school

@debtfree please don't try to match it with my eye color it changes sometimes even during the same day ( from blue to green or gray , or sometimes even with a hint of hazel )

one color will do fine for me ( camouflage , perhaps ?? )

Good morning Mick,

Over time I moved towards allocating a colour to each tipster. This way each and every month it would to be easier and quicker for them to look at the chart, to see their colour and their journey compared to others.

The battles from my end - No matter what background colour you use it restricts - A tipster with only 1 or 2 tips not returning or returning after an absence after being allocated a colour, so a colour is tied up - Finding colours not too close to another colour when put together makes it a bit harder, they look OK when apart, but ......

Below is a part clip of some tipsters on the sideline with their allocated colours waiting to be put into action on their return.
When they return their colour is the same for ease of use. I don't mind doing that, the battle is mine to fix.

View attachment 168266

Question Mick - What colour outfit do you have or like ? Or is there a certain colour that you want ? I'm sure I can find something to suit you and only too happy to do so. :)
My eyes are blue if that helps.
mick

Hey @debtfree ...... It is the silly season .... Why not give everyone the same colour and see how that looks! :jimlad: It would definitely keep everyone busy for a few minutes. :happy:

I would be interested to see what that looks like in fact .... but don't hit the save button :oops: lol.

Back to the cave .......

Hey @debtfree ...... It is the silly season .... Why not give everyone the same colour and see how that looks! :jimlad: It would definitely keep everyone busy for a few minutes. :happy:

I would be interested to see what that looks like in fact .... but don't hit the save button :oops: lol.

Back to the cave .......
I just hope that Mick is not a Johnny Cash or Roy Orbison sort of person and wants Black ;). We'll see :cautious: LOL

Edit: I just noticed he replied. OK leave it with me Mick

Don't expect me to help .

.... Nothing to see here

View attachment 168269
or here
View attachment 168267
or here
View attachment 168268
or here
View attachment 168270
DF luckily I got my new glasses reently, as I can make it out.

Today's Monthly Comp Update. I can even hear @Garpal Gumnut from interstate saying "If your not over 60% by this stage of the competition, you've got no hope" :roflmao: :roflmao:

At the moment
1st: @Garpal Gumnut MTM 61.76% He's off to a flying start ............ 2nd: @peter2 DXB 26.83% ........... 3rd: @rcm617 STK 26.32% ............. 4th: @IvoryWolf SGC 18.18%

@Telamelo owes you a pint @Garpal Gumnut and a middy to @peter2 & @rcm617🍺.

Unfortunately I will be missing for the next few day so there will be no update tomorrow or over the weekend, sorry about that. Send all complaints to my wife ;):roflmao:.

You wouldn't believe it, I changed @mullokintyre's colour today and he finished next to @Iggy_Pop, nearly the same colour o_O:laugh:. Great recovery @Faramir :cool:.
What a difference 1 or 2 days make @farmerge, since changing your beer goggles for your new glasses, you're feeling better, FRE is up, life's good! ;)

Good luck to all and enjoy your weekend Folks :).

Screenshot 2024-01-04 173302.jpg

Today's Monthly Comp Update. I can even hear @Garpal Gumnut from interstate saying "If your not over 60% by this stage of the competition, you've got no hope" :roflmao: :roflmao:

At the moment
1st: @Garpal Gumnut MTM 61.76% He's off to a flying start ............ 2nd: @peter2 DXB 26.83% ........... 3rd: @rcm617 STK 26.32% ............. 4th: @IvoryWolf SGC 18.18%

@Telamelo owes you a pint @Garpal Gumnut and a middy to @peter2 & @rcm617🍺.

Unfortunately I will be missing for the next few day so there will be no update tomorrow or over the weekend, sorry about that. Send all complaints to my wife ;):roflmao:.

You wouldn't believe it, I changed @mullokintyre's colour today and he finished next to @Iggy_Pop, nearly the same colour o_O:laugh:. Great recovery @Faramir :cool:.
What a difference 1 or 2 days make @farmerge, since changing your beer goggles for your new glasses, you're feeling better, FRE is up, life's good! ;)

Good luck to all and enjoy your weekend Folks :).

View attachment 168297
It is still anyone's to win.

ASF pickers are doing well with an average of VERY BIG NUMBER% overall, once you subtract the tragics from @Ferret down to @jonnycage (some big hitters in there and all) beating the XJO and every other index, anywhere, anytime handily.

Perhaps Joe should outsource us to Blackrock.

How exciting, I'll never get used to being 'umble as Dickens would 'ave a character say. And it's only the 4th.

gg