Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Is political correctness going too far?

These people are taking the peace mate...

Perrottet government ministers were advised not to use the word “mate”, ban drinking alcohol in the office and not to yell at staff.

The University of Washington information technology department released an “inclusive language guide” that lists a number of “problematic words” that are “racist,” “sexist,” “ageist,” or “homophobic,”

According to the guide, words such as
“grandfather,”
“housekeeping,”
“minority,”
“ninja,” and
“lame” are considered “problematic words.”

A Lake Superior State University in Michigan has also compiled a list of banished words to “uphold, protect, and support excellence in language”.

Banned phrases include,
“wait, what?”,
“no worries”,
“at the end of the day”,
“asking for a friend” and
“you’re on mute.”

Perrottet government ministers were advised not to use the word “mate”, ban drinking alcohol in the office and not to yell at staff.

The University of Washington information technology department released an “inclusive language guide” that lists a number of “problematic words” that are “racist,” “sexist,” “ageist,” or “homophobic,”

“grandfather,”
“housekeeping,”
“minority,”
“ninja,” and

A Lake Superior State University in Michigan has also compiled a list of banished words to “uphold, protect, and support excellence in language”.

Banned phrases include,
“wait, what?”,
“no worries”,
“at the end of the day”,
“you’re on mute.”

"Manhole cover" used to be problematic in my day. :cool:

“grandfather,”
“housekeeping,”
“minority,”
“ninja,” and

Banned phrases include,
“wait, what?”,
“no worries”,
“at the end of the day”,
“you’re on mute.”

Too right Mate!

But no worries, because at the end of the day, even if you happen to be in the minority (or only asking for a friend), it doesn't take ninja housekeeping skills to keep the lame grandfather's house in order.

Wait, what? Am I on mute?!!!

Every girl is "bi". You just have to figure out if its polar or sexual..

So how bad is this joke ? What could be the ramifications of such a quip ? How far has political correctness gone ? Is re quoting this joke the last straw ?

Check the real life consequences of what happens when a news reporter at the Washington Post re tweets this joke.

Every girl is "bi". You just have to figure out if its polar or sexual..

So how bad is this joke ? What could be the ramifications of such a quip ? How far has political correctness gone ? Is re quoting this joke the last straw ?

Check the real life consequences of what happens when a news reporter at the Washington Post re tweets this joke.

It only serves to show that comedy is dead, laughter is abolished.

Well obviously the LBJQRSTU has gone too far and there is some push back, why should people have to wear something that states they agree with something, if they don't?
Why not offer the players gay or not gay shirts, then it is equality why do people who are comfortably hetrosexual have to wear something they may not be comfortable with? It is all coming to a head which is great IMO.
How would it be portrayed if they were made to wear a shirt I'm hetrosexual and I'm happy?
Good on the guys refusing IMO, that isn't about inclusiveness, it's about forced conscription IMO.
The dude in the red bandanna will be gagging, whats his name fitsup somewhere, but he has a weird take on most things IMO. ?

Seven Manly players will boycott this Thursday night’s clash against the Roosters after being blindsided by the club’s decision to wear a pride jersey as the Sea Eagles’ season descended into chaos.
Sources with knowledge of discussions told the Herald that Manly coach Des Hasler had told the players he understood the difficult position the players have been put in as a result of the club not consulting them about the jersey, and will support their decision not to play.

Well obviously the LBJQRSTU has gone too far and there is some push back, why should people have to wear something that states they agree with something, if they don't?
Why not offer the players gay or not gay shirts, then it is equality why do people who are comfortably hetrosexual have to wear something they may not be comfortable with? It is all coming to a head which is great IMO.
How would it be portrayed if they were made to wear a shirt I'm hetrosexual and I'm happy?
Good on the guys refusing IMO, that isn't about inclusiveness, it's about forced conscription IMO. The dude in the red bandanna will be gagging. ?

Seven Manly players will boycott this Thursday night’s clash against the Roosters after being blindsided by the club’s decision to wear a pride jersey as the Sea Eagles’ season descended into chaos.
Sources with knowledge of discussions told the Herald that Manly coach Des Hasler had told the players he understood the difficult position the players have been put in as a result of the club not consulting them about the jersey, and will support their decision not to play.
It could actually ruin their season. Talk about stupid for the sake of a token gesture. They should fire the idiots that didn't consult with players.

It could actually ruin their season. Talk about stupid for the sake of a token gesture. They should fire the idiots that didn't consult with players.
Yes accepting and understanding, is starting to bridge over to forced recruitment, it is moving from accepting homosexuality to making it the dominant preference.
Which is fine, if the end game is reducing the population of the planet, but as with most things like climate change, eventually nature takes over. ?
Obviously the vaccine mandates, were taken as a license to force anything, just push it down the muppets throats.?

Last edited:
There wouldn't be a hope in Hades I'd wear that jersey, and it ain't anything to do with acceptance or not of LBGTSJTCSHHDXHHFEHHFDDGVVDETJPHGRVJJ.

SP said it all.

There wouldn't be a hope in Hades I'd wear that jersey, and it ain't anything to do with acceptance or not of LBGTSJTCSHHDXHHFEHHFDDGVVDETJPHGRVJJ.

SP said it all.
Look I don't have an issue with anyone, live and let live, just leave me alone is my mantra. But it is all becoming counter productive, it is now becoming our way or the highway, which is just going to rebuild the walls they have taken 40 years to break down IMO.
So be it, like I said nature will have its way, one way or another.

Look I don't have an issue with anyone, live and let live, just leave me alone is my mantra. But it is all becoming counter productive, it is now becoming our way or the highway, which is just going to rebuild the walls they have taken 40 years to break down IMO.
Agreed. Intersectionality is blowing up all the goodwill that has been built over those decades.

Intentional?

I'm suspicious.

Agreed. Intersectionality is blowing up all the goodwill that has been built over those decades.

Intentional?

I'm suspicious.
Well the problem with it IMO is, the lines are becoming blurred and there are lines, men and women aren't the same, they can't be judged on all the same metrics.
But the narrative is making it that they are and IMO that isn't fair, but that is the way it is being pushed, so hey let it run its course, eventually the lines will be re drawn back to fairness, but many young females are going to suffer an injustice along the journey IMO.

Looks like the same issues are surfacing in the U.K.

Rugby Australia will continue to allow transgender athletes to play in community competitions despite a looming vote to ban such athletes in English rugby.

The RA board last reviewed the organisation’s policy in May and chief executive Andy Marinos said the RFU’s decision had not changed Australia’s stance.
Transgender athletes would continue to be welcomed in rugby on a case-by-case basis, provided they gained a “gender identity dispensation” from RA and the relevant state and local union.
“We are aligned with World Rugby on the professional side of the game, but we decided to adopt our own community guidelines when it came to permitting transgender participants to play the game,” Marinos said.

“We have had transgender players playing in our competitions in the past and we will continue to manage that process through our community game at the amateur level.”
The stance puts RA at odds with World Rugby and potentially the RFU, the richest and largest national union. It announced its new gender participation policy on Friday and will take a vote on whether to adopt it this Friday.
The policy proposes scrapping the union’s current case-by-case approach, banning all transgender women from female competition and permitting transgender men to play in male competitions, until “new science is available”.

In a statement, the RFU said it used an 18-month-long review and a survey that attracted more than 11,000 responses, as well as scientific evidence and advice from other sporting bodies to formulate its new position.
“This science provides the basis of the recommendation that the inclusion of trans people assigned male at birth in female contact rugby cannot be balanced against considerations of safety and fairness,” the organisation said.

“The recommendation is that until such time as new science is available, a precautionary approach is appropriate to ensure fair competition and safety of all competitors.”

Yes accepting and understanding, is starting to bridge over to forced recruitment, it is moving from accepting homosexuality to making it the dominant preference.
Which is fine, if the end game is reducing the population of the planet, but as with most things like climate change, eventually nature takes over. ?
Obviously the vaccine mandates, were taken as a license to force anything, just push it down the muppets throats.?
Surely the must have known the islander boys and Muslims would have been up in arms. Seems like it could have been handled a lot better. There's no excuses to not see this become a hot divisive topic.

Turning people from players of sport into crusaders for a cause without their consent is an infringement of their rights to free speech (which includes the right to remain silent ) in my view.

Damn stupid of the Rugby authorities. Will they require players to attend the Mardi Gras in the future ?

Yes, political correctness has gone too far in this case.

Turning people from players of sport into crusaders for a cause without their consent is an infringement of their rights to free speech (which includes the right to remain silent ) in my view.

Damn stupid of the Rugby authorities. Will they require players to attend the Mardi Gras in the future ?

Yes, political correctness has gone too far in this case.
The irony is that I'm sure transgender were banned from women's football.

But token efforts. Bit lit the flogs who put the Ukraine flag in their profile and do nothing else.

The irony is that I'm sure transgender were banned from women's football.

But token efforts. Bit lit the flogs who put the Ukraine flag in their profile and do nothing else.

I wonder if the Manly Board members are walking around the streets wearing coats of many colours. :cool: