Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Is political correctness going too far?

The CCP have noticed something about our "Baizuo"...

Attachments

• IMG_20211021_121415.jpg
    IMG_20211021_121415.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 14
We don't have a thread on the clown world as such, so this is the only place I could think of to put this:

"Woman"... Je ne said quoi.

Biden's SCOTUS candidate btw (and it's been a real sh¹tshow)

Interesting one for the 'woke' sector, who was wrong? Will Smith for slapping Chris Rock, or Chris Rock for publicly 'appearance' shaming Will Smith's wife over her medical condition?

The woke mob didn't know what to do. Two black men, one commenting on a black woman, the other dealing out slaps.

In other news:

Will Smith's Slap Stops the Ukraine War!!!

War has ended on the front pages of news sites everywhere. Casual readers relieved.

Interesting one for the 'woke' sector, who was wrong? Will Smith for slapping Chris Rock, or Chris Rock for publicly 'appearance' shaming Will Smith's wife over her medical condition?

Rock was wrong for making a tasteless joke about another man's wife , and Smith was wrong for physically responding (in front of witnesses anyway ;)).

So it would appear, one it doesnt matter because they are both wealthy.
Two it doesnt matter because the shaming wasnt about LBG..., it was only about someones hair loss.
Three when someone insults your wife, just suck it up.
Interesting that not agreeing with gay marriage on religious grounds, causes huge anger, yet someone taking the pizz out of your wifes hair loss is o.k
Kind of shows where we are heading, doesnt bode well for women. IMO

So it would appear, one it doesnt matter because they are both wealthy.
Two it doesnt matter because the shaming wasnt about LBG..., it was only about someones hair loss.
Three when someone insults your wife, just suck it up.
Interesting that not agreeing with gay marriage on religious grounds, causes huge anger, yet someone taking the pizz out of your wifes hair loss is o.k
Kind of shows where we are heading, doesnt bode well for women. IMO
Yanks love to "Roast". Which is basically just sanctioned bullying. And they really let loose when they do it. If you don't just sit there and take it you're the "asshole".

Well it is good that the politically correct brigade are starting to develop guide lines, as to what is and isn't acceptable behaviour, Will Smith gets a 10 year ban for slapping Chris Rock.
Chris Rock gets nothing for appearance shaming Smith's wife, interesting outcome.
Next problem I guess is to define was is acceptable when joking about someone's appearance, is it o.k to joke about their hairloss, but not o.k to joke about their weight?
Does it depend on the audience you are in front of, as to when it is acceptable to take the pizz out of someone's wife?
Interesting times.
https://deadline.com/2022/04/will-smith-punishment-oscar-ban-chris-rock-slap-ampas-1234997251/

Well it is good that the politically correct brigade are starting to develop guide lines, as to what is and isn't acceptable behaviour, Will Smith gets a 10 year ban for slapping Chris Rock.
Chris Rock gets nothing for appearance shaming Smith's wife, interesting outcome.
Next problem I guess is to define was is acceptable when joking about someone's appearance, is it o.k to joke about their hairloss, but not o.k to joke about their weight?
https://deadline.com/2022/04/will-smith-punishment-oscar-ban-chris-rock-slap-ampas-1234997251/

Black wives don't matter ? ;)

Black wives don't matter ? ;)
Yes they are starting to trip over themselves with their indignation, when they start demanding that you follow their rules, but they have no idea what their rules are.
Where are the righteous ones, who want to defend those being vilified? Isn't that exactly what Smith was doing? :xyxthumbs
Can someone post up a media article that says Smith's wife was insulted due to her physical appearance and Chris Rock should be punished, I'm sure if he had made a joke about someone being homosexual the outcome would have been different.

Yes they are starting to trip over themselves with their indignation, when they start demanding that you follow their rules, but they have no idea what their rules are.
Where are the righteous ones, who want to defend those being vilified? Isn't that exactly what Smith was doing? :xyxthumbs
Can someone post up a media article that says Smith's wife was insulted due to her physical appearance and Chris Rock should be punished, I'm sure if he had made a joke about someone being homosexual the outcome would have been different.

It was obviously a heat of the moment action by Smith. I think if he had given Rock a verbal dressing down it may have been more effective.

Nothing was said about Rock apologising. Personally I don't blame Smith for defending his wife, Rock was laughing after he was slapped.

But who cares really, it's a bunch of spoiled brats hogging the limelight yet gain.

It was obviously a heat of the moment action by Smith. I think if he had given Rock a verbal dressing down it may have been more effective.

Nothing was said about Rock apologising. Personally I don't blame Smith for defending his wife, Rock was laughing after he was slapped.

But who cares really, it's a bunch of spoiled brats hogging the limelight yet gain.
It is just a spoiled bunch of brats, but it would have been hilarious if for example one of the Academies Board of Governors wives had a thyroid induced weight problem and Chris Rock said George Lucas was going to use her in an upcoming Starwars movie as Jabba the hutt.
I wonder if he would have given out the same ruling?
Or if the media would have the same slant on the incident if he said Mel Gibson was going to employ homosexuals in a religious movie about the afterlife and a person took offence?
Like you said Rumpy, obviously black wives don't matter.