Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Is political correctness going too far?

Has "Happy Holidays" always been used over Christmas or is it relatively new?
I never paid attention that much.

Has "Happy Holidays" always been used over Christmas or is it relatively new?
I never paid attention that much.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_controversy
It seems that the current trend of avoiding "Christmas" has originated from the US, where the big shopping centres may prefer jingling cash registers than Jingle Bells and references to Christian origins.
IMHO, it doesn't make sense to replace the original name in a country that still pretends to uphold its Western Tradition, whether one believes in Legends or not.

Ironic, isn't it, that the USofA has been opposing the Soviet Union and her ideology, but adopted one of militant Marxism's crassest antitheses to Christianity.

It seems that the current trend of avoiding "Christmas" has originated from the US, where the big shopping centres may prefer jingling cash registers than Jingle Bells and references to Christian origins.
IMHO, it doesn't make sense to replace the original name in a country that still pretends to uphold its Western Tradition, whether one believes in Legends or not.

Ironic, isn't it, that the USofA has been opposing the Soviet Union and her ideology, but adopted one of militant Marxism's crassest antitheses to Christianity.

Well the US Constitution prohibits the federal government from observing religious holidays, however the US Supreme Court has ruled that Christmas is a secular celebration so it's a federal public holiday – unlike Easter.

Most Australians are not celebrating the birth of Christ on Christmas, even the ones who get their panties in a knot over which words are used.

No wonder Trump got in, with a big -- MERRY CHRISTMAS -- on stage.

Hopefully he can transform the country back to its origins.

No wonder Trump got in, with a big -- MERRY CHRISTMAS -- on stage.

Hopefully he can transform the country back to its origins.

You do know that Trump got three wives (and a whole lot of grabbing and sexual assaults along the way) right?

You used to have to start your own church to do that kind of stuff.

You do know that Trump got three wives (and a whole lot of grabbing and sexual assaults along the way) right?

You used to have to start your own church to do that kind of stuff.

You mean he had 3 wives...So what?....Lots of men have had more but only one at a time unlike the Muslims who have 3 and 4 wives at the same time.

OMG..you are desperate to come at that old caper....Mate, this 2017 FFS.

The country was founded by protestant, slave owners. Was it not? That is its origins. But you're right, it's 2017. Maybe, just maybe, we don't need to go back to the 18th century.

You mean he had 3 wives...So what?....Lots of men have had more but only one at a time unlike the Muslims who have 3 and 4 wives at the same time.

Yes, bad English. ESL graduate here noco :D

He has 3 wives in total; divorced the first two once they got too old. I'm only guessing that since he tend to remarry younger ones.

But overall, Trump is all about family value. Simply because he wish everyone a Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holy-Days.

I don't know any Muslim in Australia having 3 or 4 wives. Maybe it's the thing to do back in their country. Not here. Can't afford it I'm guessing.

btw I know a guy who have two wives at the same time. The wives are blood sisters and they both share the same house. I always thought the guy was cool for some reason.

He has 3 wives in total; divorced the first two once they got too old. I'm only guessing that since he tend to remarry younger ones.

According to his first wife, he told her after she'd had kids that he couldn't be attracted to a woman who has had children. Real family values there. But like you say, as long as he brings back "Merry Christmas" all is well.

I guess to be fair the Founding Fathers were off getting their slaves pregnant, so at least he sticks to his own colour.

But overall, Trump is all about family value. Simply because he wish everyone a Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holy-Days.

I don't know any Muslim in Australia having 3 or 4 wives. Maybe it's the thing to do back in their country. Not here. Can't afford it I'm guessing.

btw I know a guy who have two wives at the same time. The wives are blood sisters and they both share the same house. I always thought the guy was cool for some reason.

How could he possibly have 3 wives?...That is bigamy......He HAD 3 wives...Bigamy is a crime in the USA as in Australia.....Your English is wrong.

Geez Luu, you don't seem to observe the news in the paper and on TV...There has been a lot of mention
about it.

Luu. hope this may convince you that Muslim men in Australia have more than one wife and are receiving welfare benefits for each one plus all the kids they have.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/35f49d0c38789e22e133d00c67e55899

US has always been a racist country that masquerades as a multicultural group hug. Appeasement costs little in the scheme of things over there... they whiney about everything anyway, especially Texans on Democrats

Luu. hope this may convince you that Muslim men in Australia have more than one wife and are receiving welfare benefits for each one plus all the kids they have.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/35f49d0c38789e22e133d00c67e55899

That's Premium content there noco. I tend not to like news I have to pay to get to :D

But noco, you've been around long enough to know that all men want multiple wives - so it's not an Islamic thing - but only those with good looks and a big bank account can get them... well they'll just want one wive and a few mistresses. What idiot would want to have kids with all the women they bed?

As to The Donald... I thought I did say "all together" he has three wives. Currently married to one very handsome lady, divorced two previous ones when they reached the Donald's expiry age.

Look at his sons ey. Aren't they the puffier, weak-chinned versions of Christian Bale's American Psycho? I thought his daughter is alright looking... she seems a whole lot smarter than the other Rich Kids interviewed in that doco too. No wonder The Donald want her to take the First Lady's Office once he takes the White House.

Man, this is a way too much like Rome under the Caesars.