Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

Things are still pretty buoyant in the car market, obviously some aren't doing it tough.

Deliveries of new motor vehicles in Australia are on track to break their all-time record – and have already surpassed last year's total with a month to go – following a best-ever November 2023 result of more than 112,000 sales reported.

Things are still pretty buoyant in the car market, obviously some aren't doing it tough.

Deliveries of new motor vehicles in Australia are on track to break their all-time record – and have already surpassed last year's total with a month to go – following a best-ever November 2023 result of more than 112,000 sales reported.
????

ummm! weren't there supply chain issues from early 2020 to now , unless governments are upgrading their fleets , the numbers don't compute ( unless they are replacements for stolen/vandalized vehicles )

????

ummm! weren't there supply chain issues from early 2020 to now , unless governments are upgrading their fleets , the numbers don't compute ( unless they are replacements for stolen/vandalized vehicles )
1.1 Million new vehicles is pretty solid, I remember when Australia broke the 1 Million vehicles for the first time back in the early 2010’s. we have had some decent population. Growth since then.

not many EVs here , plenty of crusty old utes and trucks ( and mini-vans ) that may not even be registered ( since many plates are covered in mud/dirt )

now diesel tractors .. heaps of them both old and new

besides .. the news didn't filter through to the APE and PWR share prices , so the share-holders must be skeptical

not many EVs here , plenty of crusty old utes and trucks ( and mini-vans ) that may not even be registered ( since many plates are covered in mud/dirt )

now diesel tractors .. heaps of them both old and new

I like it.

1/ I fe(kin hate buying vehicles. My work ute has 400k on it and the likes of Eagers ain't getting my cash until that thing is totally @#$&ed. Missus' car is 2002, has a name, and is considered part of the family LMAO.

Can't quite get away with being unregistered here in the Soviet Surveillance State of Western Sovietstan though.

2/ Damn its hard getting hold of decent second hand tractor here at a reasonable price.

besides .. the news didn't filter through to the APE and PWR share prices , so the share-holders must be skeptical

It must be a very multifaceted business, turnover not necessarily the overriding metric.

I've got a client in the used car side of things, the many an varied ways of getting financially pole-axed is astonishing.

Can't quite get away with being unregistered here in the Soviet Surveillance State of Western Sovietstan though.
a tad more than 26 km from the closest police station fire appliances are nice and close and three different stations ( closer than 26 km )

but according to Census the average age here is 65 not so many cameras ( some roads in the village are still dirt , so who would clean the lens , certainly not some shaky old senior) , and according to FaceBook the biggest disturbance in the last three months was straying cattle ( more than 20 of them , but i only got 14 of them in the first wave , luckily they were all placid here probably because they drank the fishpond and were no longer thirsty )

BUT there is still the first stray on the prowl a full-sized Hereford bull , where it came from or went to is unknown ( maybe it was the local cow-god checking out the eats )

but all handled without even a council worker let alone the special task force ( much to the annoyance of the FaceBook whiners )

well Nick Politis considers himself to be a frustrated property developer ( and he is APE's major shareholder holder about 27% of the company )

Yeah so it's looking like the bear market is in. No santa claus rally in sight.
There is a Santa Claus rally for some. :roflmao:
The question is, are we over the worst? Well there is a lot of spending to do yet. 🤔

From the article
CBA's head of Australian economics Gareth Aird says the National Accounts show income tax payable rose by "an astonishing" 23.4 per cent for the year — that's more than a $17 billion increase.

Alongside the booming resources sector, working Australians are the main reason the federal government is swimming in cash and posting surprise surpluses.

Mr Aird also notes that interest paid on housing debt is up by more than 70 per cent over the past year — an increase of $12.3 billion — and a "massive" 173.3 per cent from pandemic lows, when the RBA's cash rate was 0.1 per cent, not 4.35 per cent.

Take those out from gross pay, and household disposable incomes rose just 0.1 per cent in the quarter and a mere 1 per cent over the past year.

But that's before inflation.
Factor in the biggest price rises for decades and real household disposable income slumped a further 1.7 per cent between July 1 and September 30.

This key measure of household living standards is down 5.6 per cent over the year and 8.3 per cent since its peak two years ago.

On some per capita measures, the real living standards of Australian households are back where they were eight years ago.