Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

A number of forum members may find this interesting. A little different from the CPI.

View attachment 166481

I thought I would google what is not included in the CPI calculation.

The ABS also calculates the CPI excluding volatile items, which is the average inflation rate of all items in the CPI basket except for fruit, vegetables and fuel.
Mortgage repayments are not included in the CPI. The CPI is often referred to as the measure of inflation, or headline inflation

Purchases of established dwellings are not captured in the CPI, because they are treated as transfers of existing assets. As a result, the price of established dwellings has no direct influence on CPI inflation.

I thought I would google what is not included in the CPI calculation.

The ABS also calculates the CPI excluding volatile items, which is the average inflation rate of all items in the CPI basket except for fruit, vegetables and fuel.
Mortgage repayments are not included in the CPI. The CPI is often referred to as the measure of inflation, or headline inflation

Purchases of established dwellings are not captured in the CPI, because they are treated as transfers of existing assets. As a result, the price of established dwellings has no direct influence on CPI inflation.
Oh trawler.

I feel like a proud parent.

Oh trawler.

I feel like a proud parent.
Yep tell the kids, no one gives a $hit what you pay for your established house and to top it off no one cares what your interest rate is, get over it. ;)
The plan is to rest the currency to $x, everything else adjusts and the Govt debt drops by the adjustment in the currency, everyone moves on. :xyxthumbs
Except for those who can't pass on the extra costs or don't get Govt support, oh well there is always collateral damage, that's inclusiveness.
For everyone that can't afford to get on the property ladder, just remember there is someone who can now move one step up the ladder, OMG I have to stop being so cynical. :wheniwasaboy:
Look don't worry about it, the kids that are being born now, will be complaining how great it was for their parents, when they only had to pay $5m for a 3x1 house in Katoomba.

Last edited:
Yep tell the kids, no one gives a $hit what you pay for your established house and to top it off no one cares what your interest rate is, get over it. ;)
The plan is to rest the currency to $x, everything else adjusts and the Govt debt drops by the adjustment in the currency, everyone moves on. :xyxthumbs
Except for those who can't pass on the extra costs or don't get Govt support, oh well there is always collateral damage, that's inclusiveness.
ouch !

careful with that scalpel or you will cut the government out of the inflation scam picture

ouch !

careful with that scalpel or you will cut the government out of the inflation scam picture
Don't worry it is only the middle class baby boomers to blame, OMG that is just about everyone in Canberra, who are desperately trying to become elites before they become invisible and irrelevant. :roflmao:

You can just about hear it from here, "common Albo, time to FFck off you've topped up your super, give someone else a go".:nailbiting:

No I shouldn't be cruel, they are doing their best in difficult circumstances and the bush fires and floods haven't started yet. 🥳

Don't worry it is only the middle class baby boomers to blame, OMG that is just about everyone in Canberra, who are desperately trying to become elites before they become invisible and irrelevant. :roflmao:
Try sydney's northern beaches if you want to see a bunch of boomers utterly obsessed with what everyone else thinks.

You'll never find a more insecure group of people in your life.

If you think I'm joking, ask basically anyone in the northern beaches about their shiny new money (mercedes) car. Let them tell you how great it is.

Then ask them if they own it or they financed it ;)

Try sydney's northern beaches if you want to see a bunch of boomers utterly obsessed with what everyone else thinks.

You'll never find a more insecure group of people in your life.
For a couple of bucks they can probably get a selfie with Malcolm, always good for the memory stick, 'here's me and Mal doing it tough, house has gone up $2m, but it's hard to manage on the pension". :rolleyes:
The kids can only afford to get us a balcony on the World cruise, instead of the normal suite, obviously times are getting hard all round. :roflmao:

My god it wont be long and we will have to start cruising on one of those cruises the plebs take, heaven forbid.:roflmao:

Last edited:
For a couple of bucks they can probably get a selfie with Malcolm, always good for the memory stick, 'here's me and Mal doing it tough, house has gone up $2m, but it's hard to manage on the pension". :rolleyes:
The kids can only afford to get us a balcony on the World cruise, instead of the normal suite, obviously times are getting hard all round. :roflmao:

My god it wont be long and we will have to start cruising on one of those cruises the plebs take, heaven forbid.:roflmao:
hey sp, looks like a bit of a rant, then I realised there are a few missing bits #228, 229, 231. ... and probably a few more. Someone who has me on ignore (his loss). Care factor low. Kind of spoils the thread, though. good luck

If you think I'm joking, ask basically anyone in the northern beaches about their shiny new money (mercedes) car. Let them tell you how great it is.

Then ask them if they own it or they financed it ;)
Or the kids have bought it for them, so the parents don't sell the inheritance. :rolleyes:

hey sp, looks like a bit of a rant, then I realised there are a few missing bits #228, 229, 231. ... and probably a few more. Someone who has me on ignore (his loss). Care factor low. Kind of spoils the thread, though. good luck
Yes had a couple of red neds, so push the boat out let it rip a bit, ruffle a few feathers wouldn't be the first time, wont be the last. 🥳
Well hopefully not the last, time does weary you, it's BS when they say it doesn't. ;)