Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition

More than enough time has passed to conclude that @Sean K is seriously p*ssed off at me, so Sean I am sincerely sorry if my oafish sledging offended you. No actual disrespect was behind my words, I guarantee you. In my defense, I think we come from different realms, no codes of respect in mine. Come back Sean K .. come backkkk..
It's hard being all things to all people.

As there is a prize at stake,
1. ASF needs clicks, that's the business model
2. I think the stipulation to post monthly was to screen out tyre kickers and occasional visitors hoping for a jackpot, but otherwise don't post
3. @debtfree does an amazing amount of input so a limit on entries will allow him some sleep.

The spirit should be a collegiate one, but there's big money involved... the market that is !!

@Craton - unfortunately I also took exception on your comment which you addressed to @debtfree as well others.
We could and would have differences on our views. In addition the folks behind the scene put a lot of work voluntarily to provide us some quality, fun and education for some ( me).
No offence my fellow ASF member.
But we should not forget politeness and civility do not cost a penny.
Have a nicer New Year. 🙏
Yes and you too re. the New Year.
I too appreciate and am thankful for the leg work so many do here behind the scenes. Done freely and voluntarily. They all enhance ASF and we are the better for it.

Perhaps I've lost my mojo or my get-up-and-go has got up and gone but I don't seem to have it in me to gaze into the crystal ball this year nor, at this point in time, do have I the inclination to stock watch.
I could have PM'd or posted in the Private Area but in the interest of full transparency, seriously, I'm not in a good place ATM but fear not, I'll get over it and bounce back like I always do.

Not looking for sympathy just my way of cleansing and putting into words where I'm at.
Again, apologies for being a party pooper.

Carry on with my best wishes and good fortune to you and all ASF members.

I too appreciate and am thankful for the leg work so many do here behind the scenes. Done freely and voluntarily. They all enhance ASF and we are the better for it.

Perhaps I've lost my mojo or my get-up-and-go has got up and gone but I don't seem to have it in me to gaze into the crystal ball this year nor, at this point in time, do have I the inclination to stock watch.
I could have PM'd or posted in the Private Area but in the interest of full transparency, seriously, I'm not in a good place ATM but fear not, I'll get over it and bounce back like I always do.

Not looking for sympathy just my way of cleansing and putting into words where I'm at.

@Craton - Thanks a lot for keeping the slate clean for all of us. I really appreciate your open ness and please keep the spirit alive at all times. We are all human and not every day is same for any one us.
Hope things get better for you in 2024 though there are something we can never get back but try to get addressed with time.
Take care and regards

am sad to hear that , but can understand that , there are plenty of stressful events going around

i hope your get-up-and-go is wearing a tag inside the jacket so it knows where to return to and returns as soon as it can

and best wishes for you also

He must go back and go round the Starting Bouy as is the Rule in all FALSE START

Correct me if I'm wrong, but around the buoy with this one El Capitaan?

1704676402494.png

But with this one, just the line has to be cleared to restart. :happy:

1704676504575.png

After giving such important nautical information, I suppose a reward would not be out of the question, lol !? :jimlad:

I will have 2 cartons of rum and freedom for 2 of my fellow galley slaves who have been disingenuously ignored 😇

Or of course you could just tie me to the yard arm and whip me within an inch of my life for my insubordination.

View attachment 168465

View attachment 168466

After giving such important nautical information, I suppose a reward would not be out of the question, lol !? :jimlad:

I will have 2 cartons of rum and freedom for 2 of my fellow galley slaves who have been disingenuously ignored 😇

Or of course you could just tie me to the yard arm and whip me within an inch of my life for my insubordination.
To the plank with you @barney The Good Cap't is not amused I suspect.

Lol ... The Captain is pretending to be unhappy with me but I know he would/should appreciate my attention to detail :happy:

I have a close family member who has 6 Australian sailing titles to his credit ;)
@barney
If I can glow on shadow, my youngest nephew ( sister's son) is a first class captain on international commercial ships for last 15 years and an ex Navy too.
But he does understand jokes too 😀😃🙂:)

Lol ... The Captain is pretending to be unhappy with me but I know he would/should appreciate my attention to detail :happy:

I have a close family member who has 6 Australian sailing titles to his credit ;)
Not too sure the Good Cap't would be happy to know that someone is smarter than him when it comes to the High Seas.

View attachment 168465

View attachment 168466

As a land lubber, me thinks me needs...
WhiskeyNautical.jpg

Not too sure the Good Cap't would be happy to know that someone is smarter than him when it comes to the High Seas.
I certainly would not profess to be nautically smarter than the good Captain @farmerge although I did do ok in my last couple of years on the 15 foot skiffs ..... many moons ago now, lol. :wheniwasaboy:

I actually enjoy the Captains sailing/trading parallels. I just wish he would consider reversing his ignore decisions and engage in debate with those that he disagrees with ...... The old days of @tremblinghand techa and Magdoran going hammer and tongs over trading differences was a genuine pleasure to read, not to mention educational. Lack of debate ends up being everyone's loss in my opinion.:dead:

After a FALSE / BAD Start
I think every body should be able to start this Year long Regatta as a long adventure
The other alternative is to give them the Leading Position and Say
"Good Luck" for entering late

You can start at the Lead because I like the smell of your Aftershave

Just my 10 cents worth

Please Note: Not Signed

After a FALSE / BAD Start
I think every body should be able to start this Year long Regatta as a long adventure
The other alternative is to give them the Leading Position and Say
"Good Luck" for entering late

You can start at the Lead because I like the smell of your Aftershave

Just my 10 cents worth

Please Note: Not Signed
I reckon if you start late and win you can take the money but you must pick a local pub and and shout anyone here a couple of drinks! I might fly over if interstate!