Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition

More than enough time has passed to conclude that @Sean K is seriously p*ssed off at me, so Sean I am sincerely sorry if my oafish sledging offended you. No actual disrespect was behind my words, I guarantee you. In my defense, I think we come from different realms, no codes of respect in mine. Come back Sean K .. come backkkk..

View attachment 168282

Hi finicky, sorry I've been away on a no-comms retreat meditating with the fairies. All good mate. SK

Still setting up the spreadsheet with a few ideas so here is an early look at the leader board.
I have put the individual portfolios in order from 1st to last like peter2 used to have it, I hope it makes a visual improvement for viewers.

** Don't forget to update each of your 4 stock's threads for this month. Moving forward updates can be made any day of each month to make it easier and give you more time but it is still a requirement.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 182319.jpg

Still setting up the spreadsheet with a few ideas so here is an early look at the leader board.
I have put the individual portfolios in order from 1st to last like peter2 used to have it, I hope it makes a visual improvement for viewers.

** Don't forget to update each of your 4 stock's threads for this month. Moving forward updates can be made any day of each month to make it easier and give you more time but it is still a requirement.

View attachment 168943
Welcome back @debtfree . Hope the hangover from the great bash on Mrs Debtfree's milestone birth day is finished now :) :)

and no-one with 4 greens already

that gives some flexibility ... more work for the Class Monitor, though. 👨‍🎓

Thanks @debtfree. You are to be commended, and I shall. Arise Sir @debtfree.

@houtman is running with the Vibe so far this month in the monthly and yearly comp and has a prescient range of sectors on his CY2024.

@brerwallabi has been badly let down by Gold.

Picking two or more sectors wrong seems to guarantee a poor result no matter whether an entrant has a rocket stock in one or two others.

On with the race mesdames et messieurs.

gg

I've started posting my stocks in their threads for the competition. I'm doing it because I'm greedy and want to win again.

It is amazing though how posting on a stock makes one think about the stock and the market in general. A good idea imo.

So don't post your stocks under their titles and I'll win again by default.

Simples.

gg

I've started posting my stocks in their threads for the competition. I'm doing it because I'm greedy and want to win again.

It is amazing though how posting on a stock makes one think about the stock and the market in general. A good idea imo.

Simples.

gg
100% GG.

Yes I've started checking Company threads already and I've roughly set the spreadsheet up, still some work to do but it does have a formula attached to the Y/N POST column which must have a Y (Yes Posted) in it for prices to appear in the next month % columns.

Example

GG.PNG

100% GG.

Yes I've started checking Company threads already and I've roughly set the spreadsheet up, still some work to do but it does have a formula attached to the Y/N POST column which must have a Y (Yes Posted) in it for prices to appear in the next month % columns.

Example

View attachment 169098
So do we have to actually identify a post in each stock thread as being in compliant with the rules, or is it just ok to post about the stock at least once every month?
Mick

It is amazing though how posting on a stock makes one think about the stock and the market in general. A good idea
110 per cent

The monthly comp is a voting machine and the yearly comp is a weighing machine.

Simples.

gg
bad luck GG

i have already posted on two of mine so far this month ( half-way there )

but good luck in the comp.

So do we have to actually identify a post in each stock thread as being in compliant with the rules, or is it just ok to post about the stock at least once every month?
Mick
Good morning Mick,

Yes we do have to post in each of our 4 selected Company's thread at least once every month, the more the merrier. Once done, the spreadsheet activates next month's percentages, both monthly and YTD.

I have noticed when this is done others come to look at our posts and quite often others will put in a post as well, creating a chain effect.
Everyone is a winner, ASF (this is an idea of helping ASF survive), and us as well as GG said, "It is amazing though how posting on a stock makes one think about the stock and the market in general. A good idea imo."

Good luck Mick

100% GG.

Example

View attachment 169098
@debtfree has hooked @Garpal Gumnut with three boundaries and faced one LBW :)
have a great day folks

Sorry posted with incorrect quick way to post on your picks each month.

Watch this space.

gg

Attachments

• 1705634457663.png
    1705634457663.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 6
Sorry posted with incorrect quick way to post on your picks each month.
Watch this space.
OK, Got my act together. Quick way to find your stocks to post on each month in the competition rather than having to do a search for each stock and then post.

Step 1. Bookmark your pick on each stock this month with a suitable name tag.

Step 2. Go to your account by clicking on your avatar and then click on Account details.

Step 3. In your account details click on Bookmarks on the left and your top 4 results should be there. Clicking in each will bring you to their thread.

Step 4. Post your monthly post.

gg

OK, Got my act together. Quick way to find your stocks to post on each month in the competition rather than having to do a search for each stock and then post.

Step 1. Bookmark your pick on each stock this month with a suitable name tag.

Step 2. Go to your account by clicking on your avatar and then click on Account details.

Step 3. In your account details click on Bookmarks on the left and your top 4 results should be there. Clicking in each will bring you to their thread.

Step 4. Post your monthly post.

gg
how organised. I'm impressed

as I am by @debtfree the Younger, with his suggestion, as more n more tipsters seem to be selecting dividend payers.

To whit, As soon as you find out the Dividend and ex date could you include my name in your post about it, that will save me time looking for it and I can add it to your end of year percentages..

that of course being debtfree not moi