Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition

OK, Got my act together. Quick way to find your stocks to post on each month in the competition rather than having to do a search for each stock and then post.

Step 1. Bookmark your pick on each stock this month with a suitable name tag.

Step 2. Go to your account by clicking on your avatar and then click on Account details.

Step 3. In your account details click on Bookmarks on the left and your top 4 results should be there. Clicking in each will bring you to their thread.

Step 4. Post your monthly post.

gg
@Garpal Gumnut GG
I just overheard that @debtfree is so happy that he is going to pass his baton for this thread to the King from the King Island as a reward and recognition :)

OK, Got my act together. Quick way to find your stocks to post on each month in the competition rather than having to do a search for each stock and then post.

Step 1. Bookmark your pick on each stock this month with a suitable name tag.

Step 2. Go to your account by clicking on your avatar and then click on Account details.

Step 3. In your account details click on Bookmarks on the left and your top 4 results should be there. Clicking in each will bring you to their thread.

Step 4. Post your monthly post.

gg

Great suggestion @Garpal Gumnut - another alternative is to use the "Watched" threads option from the toolbar at the top of the page (third option across):

1705644228095.png

Depending on how many threads you're involved in, of course, but it also gives you a chance to clean up those threads you're no longer keeping an eye on. ;)

Great suggestion @Garpal Gumnut - another alternative is to use the "Watched" threads option from the toolbar at the top of the page (third option across):

View attachment 169189

Depending on how many threads you're involved in, of course, but it also gives you a chance to clean up those threads you're no longer keeping an eye on. ;)
Thanks Wolf @IvoryWolf

That is a much cleaner and quicker way to mark and get to each thread for monthly posting.

gg

Below is the latest check I've done so far for everyone's January post updates for their 4 company picks in the 2024 Comp ............ Alphabetically down and across the page.

Plenty of time left as you can do it any day of this month.

Once you post an update about the company and how its going or what's happening I will change your January POST column from a red N cell into a yellow Y cell.
This will activate the percentages in the February box. Without the yellow Y cell nothing works in the next month. I can put your Feb prices in but the percentages won't work in that row.

If you see a red N cell you know you have to do your monthly update for that company.

2024 cy comp.PNG

What are
Below is the latest check I've done so far for everyone's January post updates for their 4 company picks in the 2024 Comp ............ Alphabetically down and across the page.

Plenty of time left as you can do it any day of this month.

Once you post an update about the company and how its going or what's happening I will change your January POST column from a red N cell into a yellow Y cell.
This will activate the percentages in the February box. Without the yellow Y cell nothing works in the next month. I can put your Feb prices in but the percentages won't work in that row.

If you see a red N cell you know you have to do your monthly update for that company.

View attachment 169393
What are you going to do to those recalcitrant members who fail to get a yellow Y in all the required spots?
Will we have some burnings at the stake?
Love a good burning.
Mick

I'm away for the weekend so I'm posting this to help remind all tipster of their companies selections and if or not they have updated the company threads.

Once all 4 are done this will activate the percentages in the February box. Without the 4 yellow Y cells nothing works in the next month. I can put your Feb prices in but the percentages won't work.

wwww 2024.PNG

I'm away for the weekend so I'm posting this to help remind all tipster of their companies selections and if or not they have updated the company threads.

Once all 4 are done this will activate the percentages in the February box. Without the 4 yellow Y cells nothing works in the next month. I can put your Feb prices in but the percentages won't work.

View attachment 169544
@debtfree
Have lovely long weekend. Last week you celebrated wife's 21st milestone day and this long week end should give a solid bonus to celebrate baby shower in near future I hope in Nov :) 😀 😃

I'm posting this to help remind all tipster of their companies selections and if or not they have updated the company threads.

Once all 4 are done this will activate the percentages in the February box. Without the 4 yellow Y cells nothing works in the next month. I can put your Feb prices in but the percentages won't work
likely to be updated on Monday 29th as debtfree is on leave .

likely to be updated on Monday 29th as debtfree is on leave .
Thank you for the reminders to post in the Stock threads DF @Dona Ferentes ....... and DF @debtfree

Interestingly ...... DF also stands for ...... "Don't Forget" :happy:

I believe my commitment has now been fulfilled for this month so I will not be required to spend time in the naughty boys corner like I used to 😇

1706247468576.png

I hope these Monthly Posts are supposed to Improve the Quality of these ASF Posts
I don't think it will work !
I don't think it will even increase the Numbers

NB: I am Setting course for the Wooden Spoon!
Captain Chaza (2).jpg Good luck in Improving the Numbers

Last edited:
re: the monthly updates:

The chart watchers can spin a story throughout the year if they post their monthly updates based on the price action. I think these sorts of updates could be interesting if the chartists provide early indications of any rallies that may occur during the year.

It's different for the fundamentalists but I think they should post their comments after all corporate news events released by the company throughout the year. There will be at least 3 qtrly reports and perhaps a few others that the CY24 competitors can comment on.

There will be months with no news and no significant price action. Nothing to post about, so a post wouldn't provide anything of value.

Perhaps we could consider a minimum number of monthly updates to be accepted as ongoing commitment to ASF and the CY24 comp. (?)