Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition Update - End of January.

So sorry the End of the Month update is late tonight but better late than never as they say.
I'm hoping the 3 members are able to update and qualify their 4 threads tonight and don't drop out but if that's their choice so be it.

wwwww.PNG

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition Update - End of January.

So sorry the End of the Month update is late tonight but better late than never as they say.
I'm hoping the 3 members are able to update and qualify their 4 threads tonight and don't drop out but if that's their choice so be it.

View attachment 169943
New to me this particular comp. So I am surprised that where I sit is happily in the middle at the moment.

Just going through the spreadsheet and checking the posts that were updated on the company threads last night.

@Captain_Chaza your posts did not have enough info on what was happening with the actual stock. I'm surprised after you mentioned about quality posts in post #219 & post #224. They certainly don't pass the pub test.
Please re-post by 6pm this evening to stay in the Comp with more information on what has happened this month to each company and the reasons why it happened for you to feel the way you do.

Just going through the spreadsheet and checking the posts that were updated on the company threads last night.

@Captain_Chaza your posts did not have enough info on what was happening with the actual stock. I'm surprised after you mentioned about quality posts in post #219 & post #224. They certainly don't pass the pub test.
Please re-post by 6pm this evening to stay in the Comp with more information on what has happened this month to each company and the reasons why it happened for you to feel the way you do.
Oophs another for the gang plank. Telling the Good Cap't something like that is akin to being hung from the yardarm !!!!!

I don't work on Friday afternoons
Such is Life!

It might not pass your Pub Test but Cutting Losses Early passes my Pub Test EVERYTIME

In TA Once you get STOPPED OUT you ARE OUT!!!!
and BTW
The Prize money is not Big enough to post Unseaworthy Charts each and Every Month

Do Youself a favour and Say" It will be OK in the Long Term"
I hope it works for you

Would that Pass your Pub Test?

Could you group all your Quality Posts in one file so I can see what you mean "About Quality Posts"
Is it the one that Shouts the loudest or the one that Swears the Most?

Salute and Stay Well
XYZ Yacht.GIFFish and Chips is on the menu for tonite

This is a great thread, and it is interesting for me that the only pick of mine in the 2024 comp that is in the red is BHP. Australia's own. It has lowered my % to about 1% in the black.

I could spit the dummy, but I won't. It brings back fond memories of a high class nanny I met in the Elephant as a young man when I worked as a night porter. Money for nothing and ...

A 1% chance is always worth considering, and it paid off. Let's see how BHP goes for the rest of the year.

I'll post in the BHP thread later this the month.

It may be worthwhile including @debtfree in your postings on your stocks to make his life easier in picking up my nannies and others dummies as we post through the year on our stocks.

gg

It might not pass your Pub Test but Cutting Losses Early passes my Pub Test EVERYTIME

In TA Once you get STOPPED OUT you ARE OUT!!!!
and BTW
The Prize money is not Big enough to post Unseaworthy Charts each and Every Month

Do Youself a favour and Say" It will be OK in the Long Term"
I hope it works for you

Would that Pass your Pub Test?

Could you group all your Quality Posts in one file so I can see what you mean "About Quality Posts"
Is it the one that Shouts the loudest or the one that Swears the Most?

Salute and Stay Well
View attachment 170076Fish and Chips is on the menu for tonite
Must admit.

Any post stating that it is picked in a comp should be disqualified.

Any post

@Logique2 has explained his tardiness to me and I will accept his update if attended to straight away.

Edited: Thanks @Logique2
Great @debtfree for you rising on the occasion showing leadership and not to be one of those silk hats.
Congrats @Logique2 . Hope your horse be a winner in 2024 :)

Probably learning from FY 2003 competition about the value of flexibilty over rigidity ! LOL :) 😀 😃

Any post stating that it is picked in a comp should be disqualified.
Strongly disagree with any changing the rules after the game has started.

I dare say rather a lot of posts will in good faith have mentioned that the stock in question has been picked for the competition as a simple statement of fact.

Plus it’s not clear what the problem is? Someone mentioning that the stock in question is a pick for the competition is little different to stating that they do or don’t hold shares in it at present. It’s simply a declaration of potential bias.