Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Peter has been advising his clients to accumulate gold (according to him a lot of his clients being sent to Perth Mint, not sure if they are asking for physical delivery or just allocated gold in certs) and if they want stocks, to pick dividend paying good yield sound foreign undervalued oversold (from the US) companies.

What else would you expect from the former economic adviser to Ron Paul.

Between him and Mish, I am very curious to see who will end up being right (Schiff in the "buy gold and a gun" camp Mish in the "hey the US aren't the only cheaters so if we are bust you're all bust" camp).

Still too early to get back into the market, i reckon. Although commodities are still in a bull market, i don' think they've reached the bottom of their dip

Im not really into getting in or getting out of the market, im into betting intraday, its a rush, especially with the extreme swings we are having now, you dont get to play it like this too often.
Today i did allright with FMG AGS and AIS, too scary holding over the weekend these days

Its true I am a gambler, the investors got out of this market ages ago.
Gambling on the asx is great because unlike horses or sports you dont lose your entire stake if you gamble wrong.

Im not really into getting in or getting out of the market, im into betting intraday, its a rush, especially with the extreme swings we are having now, you dont get to play it like this too often.
Today i did allright with FMG AGS and AIS, too scary holding over the weekend these days

Too scary to hold over the weekend ?? fair enough, but i thought you were a gambler. Correct me if I'm wrong

Why invest in a FMG when there are so many other attractive miners out there who have been similarly oversold? The likes of BHP, RIO and OZL all are DIVERSIFIED, have solid past returns, spare cash etc to name a few benefits. Don't understand the hype of FMG. I used to hold but sold quite sometime ago, in this current market it survival of the fittest.

Why invest in a FMG when there are so many other attractive miners out there who have been similarly oversold? The likes of BHP, RIO and OZL all are DIVERSIFIED, have solid past returns, spare cash etc to name a few benefits. Don't understand the hype of FMG. I used to hold but sold quite sometime ago, in this current market it survival of the fittest.

Fair enough BHP & RIO, but OZ Minerals ? nah. I can think of many other places to put my $. I'd only want 1-2 in the mining sector max anyway.

Fair enough BHP & RIO, but OZ Minerals ? nah. I can think of many other places to put my $. I'd only want 1-2 in the mining sector max anyway.

Yeah I only have 1 in my portfolio, which is OZL. Figured the others have a bigger downside risk. Also I particularly like like OZL, beside a stupid currency swap I find them robust. Then again I'm sure there are reasons why people like FMG, and I think it is a dog.

Yeah I only have 1 in my portfolio, which is OZL. Figured the others have a bigger downside risk. Also I particularly like like OZL, beside a stupid currency swap I find them robust. Then again I'm sure there are reasons why people like FMG, and I think it is a dog.

The last two ann's from FMG have certainly put alot of the lies and rumours that were pointed at FMG to bed. Should you get a chance they are a fantastic read and clearly highlight current and future operations, facts / future / figures. 3rd biggest IO exporter in Australia now, moving forward it will be the second biggest once BHP/RIO join ranks, I look forward to that day.

FMG’s Fundamentals / business model are sound in these challenging times, the jury is still out globally though on many other companies :eek:

hi guys just RE: yesterdays "what happend in the afternoon"

i was watching the market depth at work yesterday....saw the price around 1.66 mark..... then during the pre-open just after 4pm i saw an order on the buy side from 2 buyers for around 592,000 shares at 1.80 which gobbled up all the sellers up to that point.. big fish... with the dow move last night heres hoping for a great monday!

i bought some shares in @ 1.50 yesterday at 10:05am and brought my average down to 2.13 so quite pleased with the result

what would you rather:

1 share in BHP = $20

or

20 shares in FMG = $20

i'll take the FMG any day,

OZL?!!! u have got to be kidding me

Zinc is one of the commodities that was hit the hardest !

at least with BHP/RIO they have iron ore and coal...

Then again I'm sure there are reasons why people like FMG, and I think it is a dog.

Well, I am a dog lover then. I have been trading FMG for a long time now and it has made me some serious money. OZL - holding as Zinifex, the dividends were nice but other than that? Downhill all the way!:mad: And dont even mention it in the same breath as BHP and RIO

what would you rather:

1 share in BHP = $20

or

20 shares in FMG = $20

i'll take the FMG any day,
Are you kidding me?

Flabbergasted.

I'm going out to buy 1m shares in XYZ @ .0001c because it's 'cheaper'.

:confused:

OZL?!!! u have got to be kidding me

Zinc is one of the commodities that was hit the hardest !

at least with BHP/RIO they have iron ore and coal...

Zinc.....and copper, lead, gold, silver and entering nickel, hence why they are a diversified miner. More options lead to a greater chance of survival. Further, even after the big lift that FMG has had in the last day, OZL is still fairing in terms of % loss (not much though...around 1.5% better).

Such argument like these are silly however, everyone has there own preferences....and FMG isnt mine in this environment.

Are you kidding me?

Flabbergasted.

I'm going out to buy 1m shares in XYZ @ .0001c because it's 'cheaper'.

:confused:

Kennas

Not sure if you have had a typo in your message.
Did you mix up in letters and wrote XYZ instead of FMG :D:D:D

(days are not probably far off that FMG will soon be like the XYZ one forget the sudden gain they have had on Friday on profit news).

Frank - hope you don't mind me getting a smile at your comment below ...
How FMG will move up to second biggest IO exporter? - by numbers 1 and 2 joining ranks, lol :eek:

PS I agree with the sound business model into the future.
... 3rd biggest IO exporter in Australia now, moving forward it will be the second biggest once BHP/RIO join ranks, I look forward to that day.

FMG’s Fundamentals / business model are sound in these challenging times, the jury is still out globally though on many other companies

Meanwhile I suspect that FMG will settle for 55MTa capacity (with optimisation, Apr2009) - for a while, and put the 80MTa etc plans on temporary "hold" ) :2twocents. Further expansion will happen one day, but not for a while. The good news is that they've managed to export 50 odd (60 odd?) shiploads before the **** hit the fan. :2twocents

SenTineL said:
I disagree about it being a disaster, anyone that has held any stocks through the last year would have had a huge loss with majority of their shares and blue chips.
Ok I said it was a disaster for the recent 5 months or so (i.e. some of the others stocks might have lost 50% of their June value - but sheesh - to lose 90% in the case of FMG was very sobering :eek:

I didn't mean it would be a disaster into the future. I personally remain very optimistic. Each day I ask myself "will I sell? - why should I? - I'd be buying if I didn't already own em ! " ;)

Attachments

• fmg2.jpg
    fmg2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 12
I like the way the Chinese define their "Lecessions" - as when gLowth falls below 8% pa lol

PS (These jpegs taken from the recent AGM presentation - and also recent presenatations to the Chinese buyers obviously ;) .)

Attachments

• fmg1.jpg
    fmg1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 233
  • fmg3.jpg
    fmg3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 237
Frank - hope you don't mind me getting a smile at your comment below ...
How FMG will move up to second biggest IO exporter? - by numbers 1 and 2 joining ranks, lol

Hey 2020 Hindsight

Simple really, BHP and RIO hold 1 and 2, joining ranks becoming one next year, if it goes through, they become one big *** mining company, let’s call them BHIO, actually when you pop in to work Monday walk around the office repeating "BHIO" really fast, guaranteed your work mates will finally think you have lost the plot..:D

We are now left with a vacant number two spot, I’m tipping it’s not CVI “City View” going to fill that spot…:eek:

guys who are back FMG or Miner sector, the following may be a good news from China

China's provincial governments have proposed more than 10 trillion yuan ($A2.35 trillion) in infrastructure spending, state television reported on Sunday, following Beijing's launch of a massive stimulus plan to revive slowing economic growth.

China is trying to boost domestic consumer spending by injecting money into the economy in hopes of insulating it from a sharp drop in global demand for its exports.

The biggest proposal came from Yunnan province in the south-west, which plans to invest 3 trillion yuan ($A721.03 billion) over the next five years, Chinese state television said.

Hopefully the needs of Steel would be going up again.