Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

guys who are back FMG or Miner sector, the following may be a good news from China

China's provincial governments have proposed more than 10 trillion yuan ($A2.35 trillion) in infrastructure spending, state television reported on Sunday, following Beijing's launch of a massive stimulus plan to revive slowing economic growth.

China is trying to boost domestic consumer spending by injecting money into the economy in hopes of insulating it from a sharp drop in global demand for its exports.

The biggest proposal came from Yunnan province in the south-west, which plans to invest 3 trillion yuan ($A721.03 billion) over the next five years, Chinese state television said.

Hopefully the needs of Steel would be going up again.

This is dam good news, unless of course the Chinese are planning to use Lego blocks :D

I look forward to the finer details of the plan soon, thanks for posting...

This is dam good news, unless of course the Chinese are planning to use Lego blocks :D

I look forward to the finer details of the plan soon, thanks for posting...

once more - factor in the supply cuts by BHP, RIO, FMG, CRVD should c IO prices up again

we are on a good thing here boys

where is warren and nun

haven't herd from them in a few days ? whats going on?

FMG 10m volume and up 16%

bought some more just around 2 for a short-term trade

hehe

looks like someone big is accumulating!!

bought some more just around 2 for a short-term trade

hehe

looks like someone big is accumulating!!

Agro I dont understand. You sold off FMG at $2 calling it a dog, now you say its a good opportunity. Its still the same company.

Agro I dont understand. You sold off FMG at $2 calling it a dog, now you say its a good opportunity. Its still the same company.

yeah warrenbuffet on here got the better of me

i bet he went and bought at the same time

goes to show how we can be easily influenced

i am getting sick of FMG... and am considering selling at 2.50 and getting out all together

this is being a dog of a stock and is just heading in one direction - south

so much for an up day :rolleyes:

also with the volume 9m i am starting to beleive a substantial holder is trickling the stocks for sales

look at course of sales for an indication!

seems like there is an unlimited amount of selling!! dog

well i was forced to sell my beloved FMG today due to margin call..

just to recap, i was in at $2.95,

sold at 5.03 :banghead:

looking to re-enter though

yeah... it's a dog with earnings of $600 million to date :rolleyes:

i wont continue to provide my feedback - people know where i stand

enough said

You seem to be a bit all over the place Agro. Now you are saying its a great company, only because you are holding.

And you accuse people that dont hold of downramping. Does that mean you are just blatantly ramping?

Agro is clearly a gambler; nothing more, nothing less.

High as a euphoric kite when the stock rises, bitter and angry as a shirtless punter when it goes south.

If you continue to allow yourself to be so influenced here agro; I promise that you will eventually lose the lot. I would note that the level of emotional influence FMG seems to have over you suggests that your position is far too large, especially in this market. In short - you have too much capital in FMG, this one's a near-spec, not a bluechip.

Agro is clearly a gambler; nothing more, nothing less.

High as a euphoric kite when the stock rises, bitter and angry as a shirtless punter when it goes south.

If you continue to allow yourself to be so influenced here agro; I promise that you will eventually lose the lot. I would note that the level of emotional influence FMG seems to have over you suggests that your position is far too large, especially in this market. In short - you have too much capital in FMG, this one's a near-spec, not a bluechip.

i want to add to my position around $1 but i can't see it heading that far down!!

yes i am a bit of a gambler too, guess i may have to wait

I dont think it will hit $1.00 this week.
Infact if you missed the low today - there may never be a chance. If we get +ve lead from the dow tonite i think FMG will actually recoupe some of its losses this week.

have a look at that link

http://business.smh.com.au/business/fortescue-secures-more-sales-to-china-20081120-6cm3.html

:D Like i said in the post above you might have missed your chance to but it at the low $....but this stock is always a target of short sellers so maybe Agro there is still some hope.

I'm holding...but no more buys at the moment on FMG:eek:

:D Like i said in the post above you might have missed your chance to but it at the low $....but this stock is always a target of short sellers so maybe Agro there is still some hope.

I'm holding...but no more buys at the moment on FMG:eek:

I'm in the same boat too Impala, like to increase my holdings but I feel FMG has become the play thing for day traders and shorters, and without dropping the "F" bomb I hate that volatilty it brings to FMG and my investment.

What is reassuring though is FMG play well with the Chinese and the business model is sound imo, last two ann's put alot of fiction and rumours to bed. Have enjoyed the movements upwards in the last few days, the finer details of the Chinese internal infrastructure package will benefit most in OZ iron ore wise, so in passing when I start to see a clear upward trend I'll go back to investing rather than gambling.

Look forward to the day when strong fundamentals again count for something...:eek:

i dont really think its fair to people to have ago at agro.. i mean sure he called the stock a dog and clearly is in love with it now a short time later... without using all the cliches under the sun.. the stock headed south from $13 to 1.16.. whilst maybe "dog" is not the right word . it was a loser in alot of peoples portfolios. agro has seen the upward trend now to todays close of 2.05 and is feeling postive of recouping some of the losses. i sold my fmgs for 8.51 in july and said i would wait until i saw it heading north again before i would re enter had a dabble around 4.75 got it totally wrong got back out at at 2.85 and now im back in at 1.50 and my average price is only 2.125

maybe it takes some guts to come out and admit the stock possibly isnt a dog after all. and i think agro would be the first people to come online and admit that if the price continues to head north.

in summary im sure he is happy to be proven wrong if it means more moola in the back pocket

(as we all would be)

I can see this going considerably lower once the market realises exactly how much they will be earning.

Unless Twiggy sells out to the Chinese...

quote from 6th march lol

can i just say that if this is any evidence of negativity from day one then what is it based on?

BHP and RIO deal is now off, RIO is down as much as 40% on the FTSE tonight, thats dam huge.

Any thoughts on what this now might mean for Fortescue ? Sitting duck !

Agro was just tired and emotional when he called FMG a dog. He has been a fervent supporter for ever, and as soon as he had a sleep, he felt much better again and is now back to normal.

Cant imagine Twiggy letting go of his 36% but it might make tomorrow interesting.

The withdrawn BHP bid should spell good news for you Agro. It will be interesting to see how the smaller miners fair tomorrow, so far it has been positive in the US.

And you accuse people that dont hold of downramping. Does that mean you are just blatantly ramping?
Prawn, he is actually on record as saying he ramps stocks he owns, on this site. :eek:

LMAO at all the people here still having a go at the short sellers.

Why has it risen so much lately Twiggy? Oh yeah, that's right, they unbanned long buying didn't they! :D

Fascinating isn't it, lol - in the last 12 months, not one of these analysts has recommended "Sell" ;).
(While it slid from $13.00 to $1.30 - ok back to $2.00 now)

One bloke had the courage to say "No Opinion" lol.

The other thing that I find interesting is that the Universities, with all their economists on staff, have managed to lose a bundle on the market in recent times as well. At least I'm in good company lol :2twocents

Attachments

• fmg 1.jpg
    fmg 1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 87