• Already own one

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Yes - would definitely buy

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Yes - preferred over petrol car if price/power/convenience similar

Votes: 78 40.0%
  • Maybe - preference for neither, only concerned with costs etc

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • No - prefer petrol car even if electric car has same price, power and convenience

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • No - would never buy one

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
Sorry by last I mean capacity - you can't do a day or weekend trip with the whole thing packed, kids, wife, towing the boat etc etc.

The moment that range isn't an issue is the moment electric cars take over.

sure you can, the smallest Tesla battery (my one), will do over 400kms freeway driving on a charge, and along most routes their are Tesla superchargers.

I drive between Brisbane and Sydney regularly. You can drive from Adelaide of Melbourne all the way to cairns if you want there are fast chargers along the way.

Those little recharge stations will be destroyed in a few months in Paris. Have you seen the riots that take place in Paris!
a given, i genuinely would like to see the live expectancy of such a power station, even more the cable.
People are stealing the copper of the cable used to relay traffic data on Paris ring road, imagine the amount of copper in these, 2 months before replacement at most, less than a day once shaddy networks are aware..

a given, i genuinely would like to see the live expectancy of such a power station, even more the cable.
People are stealing the copper of the cable used to relay traffic data on Paris ring road, imagine the amount of copper in these, 2 months before replacement at most, less than a day once shaddy networks are aware..

100%. People chop those little recharge station power cords within the month.

North Sea oil is severely depleted.

?

yet you feel confident in sticking with petrol cars, hahaha

nice one lad.

atleast with electric we have so many other options.

At the end of the day if there is fuel for petrol cars, there is fuel for power stations, much much much more fuel due to the flexibility of tapping multiple sources, rather than a one trick pony like petrol.

Not an issue unless you increase your PEAK consumption usage frog ;)
yes and no, if a street consumes 3 times more for each house, sooner or later the peak for the street will go higher by probably nearly 3x...time, event, weather..something will happen, we can not design grids like that

yet you feel confident in sticking with petrol cars, hahaha

nice one lad.

atleast with electric we have so many other options.

At the end of the day if there is fuel for petrol cars, there is fuel for power stations, much much much more fuel due to the flexibility of tapping multiple sources, rather than a one trick pony like petrol.

Of course I will be sticking with petrol cars. I don't want to be waiting around at a recharge station for 30 mins, or having to set an alarm to plug-in for charging each night.

Why would I want to make my life more difficult. Technology is supposed to make your life easier.

I don't want to be waiting around at a recharge station for 30 mins, or having to set an alarm to plug-in for charging each night.

I have never done either of those things.

1, you plug your car in when you park it and walk away (instead of standing at the fuel pump and in a line to pay for 10mins)

2, and on road trips you plug your car in, go take a pee and get a drink and your car is done in like 15mins, no waiting

I think I read that the degradation of the battery was about 10% after 250000km. That was on a car that had done 655000km.

1, you plug your car in when you park it and walk away (instead of standing at the fuel pump and in a line to pay for 10mins)

2, and on road trips you plug your car in, go take a pee and get a drink and your car is done in like 15mins, no waiting

OK;

What about a Tesla electric helicopter?

Or a Tesla electric light aircraft?

Or a Tesla electric small submarine?

Or a Tesla electric boat?

Tell Elon to send me the check in the post!

will probably buy an EV, but that is on own solar panels, own garage, and not working anymore 7 to 6 so no issue charging during the day before the coffee /shopping trip/mail run
When the price comes down and if they can import and export from the house, they might make sense for a retired person, charge it during the day and run the house in the evening.
From what I've read, Nissan is obtaining certification, for the Leaf to be able to be used that way.

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOLOGY/OVERVIEW/vehicle_to_home.html

Your situation is one of novelty. Charging two or three batteries would chug a lot of power.

Out of interest can the tyres be changed at a regular tyre shop?

I think I read that the degradation of the battery was about 10% after 250000km. That was on a car that had done 655000km.

Sounds about right, but once you have to worry about that there will be a whole new generation of batteries, and 10% degradation is not much anyone.