Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Donald Trump - Business and tax stories

What a time to be alive, watching the Jan 6 narrative crumble.....​

Let me guess, Biden won 2020 fair and square too.... 😂😂😂😂😂😂

So True......

Fake 01.jpg

Interesting to see that Slade Sohmer the guy that "debunked pizzgate" was caught with a bunch of child pr0n.

The truth is stranger than 4CHAN conspiracies. Hillary keeping the exact kind of friends you would expect.

So the capital rioters that were charged, placed before the courts, pleaded guilty are innocent

So the capital rioters that were charged, placed before the courts, pleaded guilty are innocent
No. But it wasn't just a straight open and shut case. J6 videos are painting a different picture that may or may not be correct. But betting against the democrat narrative seems to be the safest bet.

In any event I didn't think Trump would have the slightest chance of getting back in. But the world seems to be shifting.

No. But it wasn't just a straight open and shut case. J6 videos are painting a different picture that may or may not be correct. But betting against the democrat narrative seems to be the safest bet.

There's that much footage of the event (including the rioters own footage) it gets beyond stupid, scary and dangerous there is so much support.

You know there are Republican prosecutors and Judges and the Republicans hold the House (religious extreme right NJ's) and yet nothing has turned up in the courts or the Congress that includes election rigging.

Argentina is where the US is headed complete with civil war, keep cheering.

Much has been written about Trump and his battle in the NY court system where inter alia he has been accused of Fraud.
The charges revolve around Trmp, his business and his cohorts of grossly inflating his assets to frudently obtain loans based on these valuations.
One of the problems with fraud charges is of course that someone or some business has suffered a loss, or may be liable to suffer a loss, due to the fruadulent activity.
Unfortunately for the DA prosecutor, the Bank that was supposed to have been potentially defrauded has effectively shredded the DA's case.
The bak had already stated that there was no actual loss, as the plaintiff had paid all the loans back along with interest as required.
Now it seems even the potential liability claim has gone pfft.
As most people already knew, the bankers and others do not rely on the borrowers valuation, but they do their own in all cases.
Once this court case is finished, the real action will start when trump et al appeal the whole thing in a possible less partisan federal court.
Mick

Much has been written about Trump and his battle in the NY court system where inter alia he has been accused of Fraud.
The charges revolve around Trmp, his business and his cohorts of grossly inflating his assets to frudently obtain loans based on these valuations.
One of the problems with fraud charges is of course that someone or some business has suffered a loss, or may be liable to suffer a loss, due to the fruadulent activity.
Unfortunately for the DA prosecutor, the Bank that was supposed to have been potentially defrauded has effectively shredded the DA's case.
The bak had already stated that there was no actual loss, as the plaintiff had paid all the loans back along with interest as required.
Now it seems even the potential liability claim has gone pfft.
As most people already knew, the bankers and others do not rely on the borrowers valuation, but they do their own in all cases.
Once this court case is finished, the real action will start when trump et al appeal the whole thing in a possible less partisan federal court.
Mick

Well that's interesting Mike. I wasn't aware you had such an indepth understanding of New York law on fraud that you could identify such a basic critical failure of the entire case that has somehow escaped the attention of the Judge. And by the way I havn't seen a single legal person arguing against the fraud case itself. And by the way the case is entirely about fraud. That is it.
The argument is always that this is just a a partisan attack on Donald Trump.
That somehow Donald Trump shouldn't be/can't be tried for anything because ----well ---that would be an attack on Donald Trump. And Donald Trump is the leading Republician nominee for the next Presidential election and so forth and so on.

The case is almost over. We just heard an "expert witness" (who was paid $887,000 by Trumps Lawyers) attempting to bluff Trumps ways out of the proven fraud in this case. On Monday we might hear Trump himself attempt to bluff and bluster that black is white, and might is right.

This video offers a detailed explanation of why the Trump group has already been found guilty of fraud.

Well that's interesting Mike. I wasn't aware you had such an indepth understanding of New York law on fraud that you could identify such a basic critical failure of the entire case that has somehow escaped the attention of the Judge. And by the way I havn't seen a single legal person arguing against the fraud case itself. And by the way the case is entirely about fraud. That is it.
Well, if the case is all about Fraud, then explain who was defrauded, and how they were defrauded.
The State of NY was not the sufferer of any fraud.
Your beloved Guardian has a picee on why accounting people say there is no fraud.
I am guessing he is the person who was paid by trump team to whom you refer below.
There were also real estate valuers who said the same thing.

The argument is always that this is just a a partisan attack on Donald Trump.
I would suggest that is a fair argument.
After failing in criminal trials, a couple of impeachments, all they have left is a civil trial by a highly partisan judge.
That somehow Donald Trump shouldn't be/can't be tried for anything because ----well ---that would be an attack on Donald Trump. And Donald Trump is the leading Republician nominee for the next Presidential election and so forth and so on.

The case is almost over. We just heard an "expert witness" (who was paid $887,000 by Trumps Lawyers) attempting to bluff Trumps ways out of the proven fraud in this case. On Monday we might hear Trump himself attempt to bluff and bluster that black is white, and might is right.
No the case is not almost over, there will be appeals to a higher court for sure.
This video offers a detailed explanation of why the Trump group has already been found guilty of fraud.

Trump is guilty of a lot of things, like being a D!ck, a liar, and arrogant narcissist.
But the biggest thing he is guilty of is not conforming to the establishment.
Mick

Trump is guilty of a lot of things, like being a D!ck, a liar, and arrogant narcissist.
But the biggest thing he is guilty of is not conforming to the establishment.
Indeed Mick. But really arn't these just his best points ? I mean the reason he has got so many people just wild about him is because he is such a
D!ck, a liar, and arrogant narcissist.
It makes them feel all warm gooey inside that if such a dumb, lying, narcissist piece of merde can become the most powerful man in the US then they too can still make it bigly.

But putting that aside lets remember that this trial is about numbers. In particular the financial accounts Trump Corporations present as accurate representations of their operations for tax and financing purposes.
The judge went through thousands of financial statements over many years of operation.
He decided they fraudulent and found them guilty. This trial is now to determine how guilty and how much it will cost Trump and Co.

Of course the real question Donald Trump is relentlessly raising is

"I should never be accused of anything wrong because I AM TRUMP "
the Sundog

Trumps lawyers are attempting to running the argument that as a former President Donald Trump should never be charged with any criminal offense. On this premise they are demanding all the upcoming charges be summarily dismissed.

The Supreme Court is going to be asked to rule very quickly on this creative way of saying this ex President is completely above the law.

US seeks speedy Supreme Court review of Trump claim he is immune from prosecution

Key points:​

• Prosecutors have accused Donald Trump of attempting to obstruct Congress and defraud the US government
  • A US court has rejected Mr Trump's claim former presidents cannot face criminal charges for conduct related to their official responsibilities
  • Donald Trump's appeal against that finding suspends his trial, which was scheduled to begin in March

Indeed Mick. But really arn't these just his best points ? I mean the reason he has got so many people just wild about him is because he is such a

It makes them feel all warm gooey inside that if such a dumb, lying, narcissist piece of merde can become the most powerful man in the US then they too can still make it bigly.
Trump is just one of them.
The rest are no better.
But putting that aside lets remember that this trial is about numbers. In particular the financial accounts Trump Corporations present as accurate representations of their operations for tax and financing purposes.
I don't know where you get your info, but I have seen nothing from the Grand jury inditements about shonky financial accounts for tax.
If it were , the IRS would be all over it, and they have already done audits on him.
You still have not answered who it was that was defrauded as a result of the accounts misrepresentation.
The judge went through thousands of financial statements over many years of operation.
He decided they fraudulent and found them guilty. This trial is now to determine how guilty and how much it will cost Trump and Co.
I don't know if you follow the US judicial system, but many people are surprised to find out that Judges are elected like other political figures in some states.
From US Office of Justice programs
Partisan elections are held to select most or all judges in 13 States and for some judges in an additional 8 States. Nonpartisan elections are held to select most or all judges in 17 States and for some judges in an additional 3 States. One-half of the States hold elections for State supreme court judges. Seventeen States out of the 32 which have intermediate appellate courts elect judges to these courts. Selection of judges for trial courts and courts of limited jurisdiction is effected through a variety of methods.
One of those states electing judges, is New York State, where the fraud trial is taking place.
In the New York State court system, the vast majority of state judges are elected; while some are appointed, the methods vary.

The judge in this case has shown by previous statements to be a highly partisan one. He tried to pretend that he was an expert in property valuation, but every person who is even remotely connected with property in Florida have laughed at his valuations. I doubt it will cost Trump and co much other than extensive legal bills (all tax deductible of course) once this farce proceeds to the supreme court appeals process.

Of course the real question Donald Trump is relentlessly raising is

"I should never be accused of anything wrong because I AM TRUMP "
the Sundog

Trumps lawyers are attempting to running the argument that as a former President Donald Trump should never be charged with any criminal offense. On this premise they are demanding all the upcoming charges be summarily dismissed.

The Supreme Court is going to be asked to rule very quickly on this creative way of saying this ex President is completely above the law.

US seeks speedy Supreme Court review of Trump claim he is immune from prosecution

Key points:​

• Prosecutors have accused Donald Trump of attempting to obstruct Congress and defraud the US government
  • A US court has rejected Mr Trump's claim former presidents cannot face criminal charges for conduct related to their official responsibilities
  • Donald Trump's appeal against that finding suspends his trial, which was scheduled to begin in March
You keep conflating various trials.
The civil case being conducted currently, is entirely separate to the charges of obstructing justice.
Now that may be able to stick.
Mick