Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Donald Trump - Business and tax stories

I predict @basilio will get a boner today :laugh:
Why mate ? Are you going to give me a ring and suggest we have a beer ? Such a special opportunity for both of us don't you reckon. ?

We could chew the fat over exactly how Trump pulls his next Houdini trick. Escaping this little pickle for instance. What do you reckon? A 6 out of 10 challenge for such a masterful politician ?:)

Donald Trump charged with illegal retention of classified documents

The twice-impeached former president is being prosecuted for retaining national security documents at his Mar-a-Lago resort

Hugo Lowell in Miami

@hugolowell
Fri 9 Jun 2023 09.48 AESTLast modified on Fri 9 Jun 2023 10.00 AEST

Federal prosecutors have charged Donald Trump after investigating his retention of national security documents, according to a person familiar with the matter, a historic development that poses the most significant legal peril yet for the former US president who is running for the White House again.

The former president was indicted on charges of wilful retention of national security material, obstruction and conspiracy, the person said. Trump and his legal team were told of the charges on Thursday afternoon.

For more than a year, prosecutors have examined whether Trump knowingly retained classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida after he left office and took steps to conceal the materials after the justice department issued a subpoena for their return.

Anyway Wayne I think you should keep full confidence in the Sun Dog. He is absolutely adamant that he has done nothing wrong. Completely certain of his right to take whatever he wished from the White House, declassify it with a mere thought bubble and protect his new toys in whatever way he deemed fit from unwanted interference.

You should be confident that this certainty will prevail against the evil, fanatical, tyrants scheming to undermine the greatness of the new Trumpian Era with mere legal technicalities which have no place in the Grand New Order

And of course in the end, he knows, you know, we all know that the Great Trumpian Militia will never allow their Sun Dog to be sullied by such baseless allegations. :)

Wasn't Biden found to have had classified documents at his place as well? From memory.
Indeed he was. As was Pence and probably a number of others.
That's where the similarity stops stone dead SP.
They all said " Oops. Sorry. Mistake . Come and check and get everything you want. Full co-operation." End of story.
Trumps response ?

He is absolutely adamant that he has done nothing wrong. Completely certain of his right to take whatever he wished from the White House, declassify it with a mere thought bubble and protect his new toys in whatever way he deemed fit from unwanted interference.

Indeed he was. As was Pence and probably a number of others.
That's where the similarity stops stone dead SP.
They all said " Oops. Sorry. Mistake . Come and check and get everything you want. Full co-operation." End of story.
Trumps response ?

He is absolutely adamant that he has done nothing wrong. Completely certain of his right to take whatever he wished from the White House, declassify it with a mere thought bubble and protect his new toys in whatever way he deemed fit from unwanted interference.
Ah so as long as you commit a crime and say sorry, it is no longer a crime, if you argue it becomes a crime. Priceless. ?

Is there any wonder the world is going to sht, the loonies are in charge.?

At least you have stopped going on about Brexit, small mercies. ?

Ah so as long as you commit a crime and say sorry, it is no longer a crime, if you argue it becomes a crime. Priceless. ?

Not the case SP.
It is recognised that Presidents will not necessarily be able to carefully vet everything they take from the White House. Things are rushed. Everything is often thrown into boxes and shipped out. In that context it is almost inevitable that stuff would go that shouldn't. And maybe sometimes they accidentally/deliberately take stuff they shouldn't.

The process of departments following up on the documents from departing Presidents always assumes as a start that any errors or oversights made will be immediately corrected. No one is accusing them of taking State Secrets to sell to the Russians. In all cases prior to Donald Trump that has been the situation. Immediate full access given. Immediate acknowledgement of error that needs to corrected. (Not a big crime here)

Buts lets repeat what Trump has done.

The crimes he has commiited will be deliberate obstruction plus. The initial taking of documents is rightly seen as an oversight to be corrected.

The thing is Bas, it is opening Pandora's box. Stand by for Biden being indicted for a whole litany of "actual" crimes in 2025. Possibly Obama and Clinton also.

@basilio
I don't know one way or the other, but if one leader is harassed endlessly by the media, for absolutely everything they do and then when the opposition get in they do exactly the same and nothing is said.
It does cause thinking people to become sceptical as to the honesty of the authorities and the veracity of the media, there is always a sector of the population that believe anything that the media says, but as is proving by the drop in circulation that sector is rapidly declining.
We are currently starting to see the early stages of it here, where the media has been pushing that the inflation problem is being caused by the RBA, but there is starting to be a realisation that the blame may lie elsewhere, yet many will still deny the reality to the very end, as they are doing in the U.S.
Another current example is the Brittany Higgins case, where for all intents and purposes Lehrman according to the media was guilty, now it is becoming obvious there was more at play, than what was presented in the media.
Eventually the truth has a way of coming out and I'm not saying Trump is right or wrong, or that Higgins was or wasn't raped, I'm saying that the media paint a picture they want to sell and often it isn't a reflection of the truth.
But many take it on board and run with it, like the media want them to. :rolleyes:
Why has the Trump issue all of a sudden become current? When it actually was brought to a head several years ago, funny how it coincides with the upcoming election, who would have guessed. :whistling:
It will just make Trumps followers more angry and the social turmoil greater in the U.S, the authorities and the media are treating the population like idiots, it wont end well IMO.

Last edited:
@basilio
I don't know one way or the other, but if one leader is harassed endlessly by the media, for absolutely everything they do and then when the opposition get in they do exactly the same and nothing is said.
It does cause thinking people to become sceptical as to the honesty of the authorities and the veracity of the media, there is always a sector of the population that believe anything that the media says, but as is proving by the drop in circulation that sector is rapidly declining.
We are currently starting to see the early stages of it here, where the media has been pushing that the inflation problem is being caused by the RBA, but there is starting to be a realisation that the blame may lie elsewhere, yet many will still deny the reality to the very end, as they are doing in the U.S.
Another current example is the Brittany Higgins case, where for all intents and purposes Lehrman according to the media was guilty, now it is becoming obvious there was more at play, than what was presented in the media.
Eventually the truth has a way of coming out and I'm not saying Trump is right or wrong, or that Higgins was or wasn't raped, I'm saying that the media paint a picture they want to sell and often it isn't a reflection of the truth.
But many take it on board and run with it, like the media want them to. :rolleyes:
Why has the Trump issue all of a sudden become current? When it actually was brought to a head several years ago, funny how it coincides with the upcoming election, who would have guessed. :whistling:
It will just make Trumps followers more angry and the social turmoil greater in the U.S, the authorities and the media are treating the population like idiots, it wont end well IMO.

Well, the media has to report what happens.

The media didn't indict Trump the Federal Prosecutor did.

Whether it's a plot to stop him running again, who knows. I doubt if he should still have possession of Federal documents when he's no longer in office.

Well, the media has to report what happens.

The media didn't indict Trump the Federal Prosecutor did.

Whether it's a plot to stop him running again, who knows. I doubt if he should still have possession of Federal documents when he's no longer in office.
I don't disagree, only find the timing strange and the targeting seems to be obvious. The U.S is in a bit of a self inflicted social death spiral ATM.
Their political and social systems seem to be a cesspit of corruption IMO.

I wonder who has his hand up Judge Jeanine Pirro ??

1686362996505.png

Last edited:
Lovely, the commies ignore their own gross hypocrisy, along with the facts, and sling mud.

How about the substantive points @basilio ?

I'll wait.