Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Did you know?

Condensate, as distinct from the gas itself (sales gas), is still a highly valuable resource. The big question is, of course, the cost and practical rate of extraction versus value of the commodity.:2twocents

I believe the find is at around 4,700 metres deep and there is the Argentinian factor. These UK explorers are hoping the Americans will take a stake and frighten off the Argies.

... the oldest bible is the Codex Vaticanus thought to have been written during the reign of Constantine the Great.
This bible has no mention of the resurrection of Jesus Christ or that Jesus ever said he was the son of god. It appears that was added in later.
I suppose it doesn't matter really, if you want to believe it you can.

... that the election for London, England's Mayor is to be held today, Thursday. Boris Johnson is the present Mayor and the former Mayor, Ken Livingstone, are the main candidates.

Boris Johnson was elected Mayor of London on Friday.

...it is a Bank Holiday in the UK this coming Monday and Stock Markets will be closed.

To reduce trumpeting, cut down your protein.
Cut down snoring, by not sleeping on your back.

...that the UK's London, Plus Markets, will close in six months time. Stocks will be transferred to AIM Markets or become unquoted.

The French president-elect told reporters he would seek to impose financial penalties on profitable companies that announce layoffs only in order to improve their share price.

Not surprisingly, GM announced it is now considering closing its factory in eastern France, and PSA Peugeot Citroen is expected to shut down a production site just north of Paris later this year.

People born before 1946 were called The Silent and powerful generation.

People born between 1946 and 1964 are called The Baby Boomers.

People born between 1965 and 1979 are called Generation X,

And people born between 1980 and 2010 are called Generation Y ,

That clears that up, I was never sure.

People born before 1946 were called The Silent and powerful generation.

People born between 1946 and 1964 are called The Baby Boomers.

People born between 1965 and 1979 are called Generation X,

And people born between 1980 and 2010 are called Generation Y ,

That clears that up, I was never sure.

For anyone born in the 70's a more appropriate term is D Generation

:eek:

The title reminds me of the John Cleese/Peter Cook sketch on the 1979 Secret Policeman's Ball. Did you know this existed???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0lraX7Hmk

e.g. Peter Cook:"Did you know your intestines are four miles long? It’s amazing how they cram it all in. It means none of the food you eat is ever really fresh."
Cleese: "Fancy that!
Cook: "I don’t fancy that at all…"

... one of the world most potentially serious diseases is Chagas' Disease. A parasite can remain dormant for years before attacking the heart or other organs -- now on main land Australia.

... one of the world most potentially serious diseases is Chagas' Disease. A parasite can remain dormant for years before attacking the heart or other organs -- now on main land Australia.

Shaggers' disease also attacks particular organs.

Didja know the world came close to Nuclear war twice, first during Cuban missile crisis when when 3 Russian sub captains had to agree to fire nukes and only 2 agreed and a controller at a Russian early warning site got an alarm of incoming I C B M's the procedure was to call his superiors but he wanted a bit longer and took the gamble,later the all clear was given they seem to thing it was the sun reflecting off cloud that triggered the alarms.
The controller was many years later given a reward.

Cornish pasties were so named due to the fact cornish wives used to make them for their tin miner husbands.
What made them different was a thick crust along the edge so the miner could eat the main body while holding the crust. When finished he would throw away the contaminated edge crust thus not poisoning himself from the crap on his fingers.

Cornish pasties were so named due to the fact cornish wives used to make them for their tin miner husbands.
What made them different was a thick crust along the edge so the miner could eat the main body while holding the crust. When finished he would throw away the contaminated edge crust thus not poisoning himself from the crap on his fingers.

My mother used to make traditional cornish pasties. Us kids thought it was great because we didn't have to wash our hands before we went to the table. Our blue heeler liked them too. He got all the crusts..:)

did you know this ...

Attachments

• tumblr_m5ezegANod1qkvbwso1_500.png
    tumblr_m5ezegANod1qkvbwso1_500.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 75
I just discovered a thing called Groupon www.groupon.com.au

You register and they send you deals on almost everything.

I got a 40 page A3 photo book for $56 down from $160 not a photo album but a proper coffee table book printed with photos of a trip to Europe in it.

http://photobookaustralia.com.au/

There's stacks of other stuff and I just wondered how long has this beeen going on ???