Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Defence Space Command

Back to how satellites are useful
When whole satellite networks spatial grid positional systems are effectively block shifted in any direction, by any distance, suddenly you have a whole lot of birds that can "redirect" anything that requires those SV's for navigation, rendering them useless except for those controlling the "new" grid coords.
Positional spoofing via hacked birds. It's not rocket science ?

Well step one done, I hope they broadcast more recent 'escape to the country' episodes, we might become boat people. :xyxthumbs

Now just to get Indonesia onboard and Bob's your uncle. :whistling:
Jeez @rederob I hope I can cancel the Hyundai and buy a BYD E.V, I'll ask for a Chinese flag mounted on the bonnet, if it is on the accessory list.
You never know how soon that small a cost, may save your ar$e. :wheniwasaboy:
I guess the 99 year lease on Darwin port, now comes up for another look over, thank god it will be from a different Federal government at least it wont be criticised, whatever the outcome.

Last edited:
Well step one done, I hope they broadcast more recent 'escape to the country' episodes, we might become boat people. :xyxthumbs

Now just to get Indonesia onboard and Bob's your uncle. :whistling:
Jeez @rederob I hope I can cancel the Hyundai and buy a BYD E.V, I'll ask for a Chinese flag mounted on the bonnet, if it is on the accessory list.
You never know how soon that small a cost, may save your ar$e. :wheniwasaboy:

Looks like we had better get a move on with those hypersonic missiles. :(

Looks like we had better get a move on with those hypersonic missiles. :(
As I posted years ago, we were testing hypersonic missiles in the 1990's at Woomera, if people think that all that was just shelved, they are down at the end of the garden with the fairies, the dwarves and rob. ?
This is from the bloody SMH 2009
https://www.smh.com.au/national/hypersonic-aircraft-flies-over-woomera-20090522-bhw5.html

All of a sudden China and Russia crack it and it's news.

Positional spoofing via hacked birds. It's not rocket science ?
Nor is signal jamming.
Nearly every new military initiative has a counter that can be invoked.

That's why any significant investment in satellites makes no sense when just about everything we need can be accessed commercially.

Nor is signal jamming.
Nearly every new military initiative has a counter that can be invoked.

That's why any significant investment in satellites makes no sense when just about everything we need can be accessed commercially.
That is why we are using subterfuge and obfuscation, by deploying fast food outlets, stuff the satellites, go for the heart.

Screenshot 2022-03-31 200719.png

That is why we are using subterfuge and obfuscation, by deploying fast food outlets.

But they are all secret ICBM silo sites that China has let the Golden Arches build over so American satellites won't target them.
Where's @wayneL when you need him?

??

I'm just sitting here having a quiet beer and wondering how I became involved in this thread?

If there's a conspiracy here then rumour has you will be in like Flynn.
Otherwise, cheers.
Interesting irony there, Red. Anyway, nice to know you're thinking of me.

But FWIW, as a public service, I think they should blow up Macca's ;)

As I posted years ago, we were testing hypersonic missiles in the 1990's at Woomera, if people think that all that was just shelved, they are down at the end of the garden with the fairies, the dwarves and rob. ?
This is from the bloody SMH 2009
https://www.smh.com.au/national/hypersonic-aircraft-flies-over-woomera-20090522-bhw5.html

All of a sudden China and Russia crack it and it's news.
I wonder what these now grown up hypersonic students think of the DSC.

Maybe they could give us a hint.
As I said, they fed you word salad as there is no main course.

The DSC not into R&D so the answer is no.

Correct.
We "access" satellites, just like Optus would for communications.

It's a military command structure. I have written Reports for our military so I know this was a political move as the DSC's role is of a "directorate".

As a directorate the team can serve a useful role in coordination activities.
Directorate:
noun
noun: directorate; plural noun: directorates

1. the board of directors of a company.

2. a section of a government department in charge of a particular activity.
Back to how satellites are useful. I have yet to see anyone post something that is not possible via commercial satellites beyond US DoD's GPS system. And FYI, if America ever pulled the plug on us then the Chinese could fill the void with their BeiDou system.
You've just said it yourself, Chinese BeiDou system.
With the rhetoric and stance China has been taking against Australia, would we even get access to that system?
Probably not and that is why we need our own satellite systems, commanded and defended by us.
How we do that I'll leave to those with the know how and skill sets to do so. They have my full support.

Oh hang on, I'd better take your stance eh, and not be a thorn in China's side.

Look, in all seriousness, I understand you've written Reports for the military and hence value your input as you do have an insight into this area.
Thing is, regardless of what we discuss here, in makes no matter as the powers that be (East or West) will just keep on playing their games of Chess or, more accurately, Go/Weiqi and move pieces on the game board.

The DSC is just another move on that game board.

Directorate:
noun: directorate; plural noun:

1. a section of a government department in charge of a particular activity.
Perfect: I outlined what their lines of effort were in post 104.
You've just said it yourself, Chinese BeiDou system.
With the rhetoric and stance China has been taking against Australia, would we even get access to that system?
Over 120 countries are already using BeiDou.
How we do that I'll leave to those with the know how and skill sets to do so. They have my full support.
If such an organisation existed, then mine too. But ideally this needs to be a plus-billion dollar budget element within DSTG if we are to be serious.
Thing is, regardless of what we discuss here, in makes no matter as the powers that be (East or West) will just keep on playing their games of Chess or, more accurately, Go/Weiqi and move pieces on the game board.

The DSC is just another move on that game board.
I regard it more as a bluff in Poker. Except we revealed our hand and can't even make a pair!

Perfect: I outlined what their lines of effort were in post 104.

Over 120 countries are already using BeiDou.

If such an organisation existed, then mine too. But ideally this needs to be a plus-billion dollar budget element within DSTG if we are to be serious.

I regard it more as a bluff in Poker. Except we revealed our hand and can't even make a pair!
You have to start somewhere rob.

It will be interesting to read the Ukraine War wash-up in terms of the role of satellites given Ukraine has none and they are beating back the Russian military which do.

Aside from my concern about a Command of nothing in the DSC, the real problem with this decision and the nuclear sub decision is that they fail the test of future proofing our military elements. That is, neither nuclear subs nor satellites represent the cutting edge of defence spending for effect.

What the Ukraine War has proven is that national defence can be based on a geographically widespread deployment of relatively small forces that punch well above their weight. Defensive missile systems and loitering weapons (drones/Switchblades) have thwarted Russian attacks to the extent they have now become offensive weapons. Although we are not yet there with technology, it will soon be possible to integrate AI into into loitering weapons such that they become an autonomous kamikaze strike force which can be scaled to kill anything from soldiers to battle ships as either singular vehicles or in swarm formation. The use of AI in such weapons means that neither satellite intervention (via GPS or communications) or humans are needed to control them until they hit their targets.

Somewhat off topic, I would love see a feasibility study on transforming Australia's Bushmaster troop carriers from single engine diesel drive, to all wheel electric drive via two separate HFC "engines". Imagine the effectiveness of a silent troop carrier with 1000km range and built-in traction redundancies!

It will be interesting to read the Ukraine War wash-up in terms of the role of satellites given Ukraine has none and they are beating back the Russian military which do.

Aside from my concern about a Command of nothing in the DSC, the real problem with this decision and the nuclear sub decision is that they fail the test of future proofing our military elements. That is, neither nuclear subs nor satellites represent the cutting edge of defence spending for effect.

What the Ukraine War has proven is that national defence can be based on a geographically widespread deployment of relatively small forces that punch well above their weight. Defensive missile systems and loitering weapons (drones/Switchblades) have thwarted Russian attacks to the extent they have now become offensive weapons. Although we are not yet there with technology, it will soon be possible to integrate AI into into loitering weapons such that they become an autonomous kamikaze strike force which can be scaled to kill anything from soldiers to battle ships as either singular vehicles or in swarm formation. The use of AI in such weapons means that neither satellite intervention (via GPS or communications) or humans are needed to control them until they hit their targets.

Somewhat off topic, I would love see a feasibility study on transforming Australia's Bushmaster troop carriers from single engine diesel drive, to all wheel electric drive via two separate HFC "engines". Imagine the effectiveness of a silent troop carrier with 1000km range and built-in traction redundancies!

We shouldn't be waiting until an enemy gets to our shores before we defend ourselves.

We need anti-ship, anti-aircraft and anti-missile missiles to make sure that soldiers never land on the mainland.

We shouldn't be waiting until an enemy gets to our shores before we defend ourselves.

We need anti-ship, anti-aircraft and anti-missile missiles to make sure that soldiers never land on the mainland.
While a good idea we could never afford the naval or air force necessary, and that's why we have alliances. For example, where would we place any of our "defences" along our 30000 km coastline, and how much of the skies or seas could realistically be defended beyond our borders?

As Russia discovered, the supply chain requirements to invade Ukraine - a comparatively small nation to ours - has placed them at a massive disadvantage. Furthermore, despite America's might it has "won" few overseas wars, with Afghanistan most recently showing how fighting on home ground is a significant advantage.