Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CSL - CSL Limited

Here are the aftermarket couse of sales:

Can somebody explain the 220K and 295K parcels?

Are they instos buying up the market at best close price with the number of shares available?

Or are they derivatives?

4:22:43 pm 33.800 5,051
4:13:27 pm 33.689 80,437
4:13:16 pm 33.558 220,000
4:12:33 pm 33.436 295,457
4:10:51 pm 33.650 2,003
4:10:51 pm 33.650 832
4:10:51 pm 33.650 3,431
4:10:51 pm

Let me be more precise with my question,

Obviously, the $295 purchase did not cost the buyer $9.75m!

Or did it!

Did they buy all the shares available from the close price: $33.81 to their average purchase price of $33.436 ?

Taken off today, still early though. If it can't close above $33.75 today I think that would definately signal time to exit my trade and maybe even to go short :D.

Taken off today, still early though. If it can't close above $33.75 today I think that would definately signal time to exit my trade and maybe even to go short :D.
Yes, a nice rise today confirming the bullishness with support on the 8th Jan. Now will it hold?

The early shorters would have been roasted by the extent of today's move.

Sorry to be strident about this BUT:

What on *earth* is the significance of 33.75?? :confused: If there is no negative or positive news about fundamentals of the stock (or concerning other's non-fundamentals-based beliefs), then the movements are just random noise.

In any case, the price at close 35.28 going towards where it should based on logic-- high 30's for the logical reasons given in my last post. I'm holding on until it gets there...

Sorry to be strident about this BUT:

What on *earth* is the significance of 33.75?? :confused: If there is no negative or positive news about fundamentals of the stock (or concerning other's non-fundamentals-based beliefs), then the movements are just random noise.

In any case, the price at close 35.28 going towards where it should based on logic-- high 30's for the logical reasons given in my last post. I'm holding on until it gets there...

lol, $33.70 is resistance as per attached chart. And I'll be holding till the high 30's as well if it gets there and even longer if it goes higher than that:)

I'm quite happy trading the noise to make money, alot of fundamentals don't mean anything in the current market, alot of profitable companies being punished for no logical reason atm;)

If you don't respect TA that's fine with me but remember the market can remain illogical longer than you can remain solvent:rolleyes:

Attachments

• csl_ax close.png
    csl_ax close.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 6
Yes ...

and what chance a nice day tomorrow breaking to (say) 38.50 ....

Then perhaps a weeks run to 41 - 42 ish?

Attachments

• csl - 20090224.gif
    csl - 20090224.gif
    43.9 KB · Views: 9
I saw in the paper that CSL is now a top 10 Australian company.
I truly wish that it was the only stock I ever invested in this last 5 years as I could have slept better and would have been wealthier.

Congratulations Brian McNamee for turning a sleepy government laboratory into an Aussie top 10 company.

Sold down pretty heavily today:confused: maybe the market knows something i dont. There is a fair bit of jostling in the US pharmaceutical/healthcare market for acquisitions could this have anything to do with it i wonder?

Deadman, the whole healthcare sector has copped it where the sun don't shine in the last few weeks. Not sure why most of the companies have released pretty solid results

I bought CSL at $35.5 and it went up nicely to $38 against a weak overall market, and look poised to break on the upside. Then thump, thump and thump, it lost over 10% in 3 sessions, hitting my stoploss and turned a nice little profit into a loss.

CSL is one of the most expensive stocks in ASX100 with high PE, although strong profit growth is still being projected. Most analysts seem to like them, and I am also confused as to what changed in the past week or two.

I will probably look for a long re-entry at some stage, given its good fundamentals.

CSL earnings are impacted by the USD no? I think the AUD has been bouncing around lately...affecting these guys?

Also, CSL went ex div recently no?

DNH

I bought CSL at $35.5 and it went up nicely to $38 against a weak overall market, and look poised to break on the upside. Then thump, thump and thump, it lost over 10% in 3 sessions, hitting my stoploss and turned a nice little profit into a loss.

CSL is one of the most expensive stocks in ASX100 with high PE, although strong profit growth is still being projected. Most analysts seem to like them, and I am also confused as to what changed in the past week or two.

I will probably look for a long re-entry at some stage, given its good fundamentals.

Seems to be one of those stocks that cycles regularly...buy at around 33 see it get to 37 -38 and sell. I imagine many buyers follow the cycle, I bought in at 29 but this is a keeper stock for me. Kind of annoyed at myself I had a ton of these when they had the share split and had to decide whether to sell these or suncorp to buy a boat I wanted. So I had sold my original holdings of CSL and kept Suncorp :mad: tempted to use my suncorp holdings for the next time I need to go to the toilet.

CSL has fallen to $30.50, at which price I bought. A fall of about 20% in the last few days.

I know that that an increasing Au dollar works against it, although the other concern of late has been 'an oversupply of IVIG'. Has anyone seen any reports from where this is coming from????

From what I was aware, CSL has a major marketshare of the IVIG market and there are only a few players that exist. How on earth can there be an oversupply, and by how much. Its not like a GFC will cause less IVIG sales.

Assuming the Au doesnt go above 70 anytime soon, $30 may provide a nice floor for CSL.

I really need to do my research and find out what IVIG is, hehe.

I am another who is puzzled by CSL's downturn in what has been a reasonable week in most other sectors. Is the $USD the factor or are investors just choosing to go elsewhwere? Too hard for me!
Cheers
Rick

The heavy volumes traded lately suggest to me that a major holder is either selling down or out. If so, it could be for some reason unrelated to CSL so its pointless to try and guess.
Meanwhile, CSL joins my list of interesting stocks awaiting an uptrend in the SP.

:cool:

I had a nibble today....

Down on a up day, $30 seems a bit of support for now.

This stock seems to go opposite to the market. Contrarian stock.

Bought at $30.28 though trying to pick a bottom.

Happy to hold for the moment. ;)

Up a good 3% today.

Looks like CSL was able to hold ground above $30 even though the Au broke well through 70cents.

In the last few days, 3 analysts RBS, Merryl and JP Morgan all maintained their price targets around the $48 mark. Wish I knew what assumed Au value they are using.

FYI: Since March 6th, while the S&P500 has gone up 20%, healthcare sector has only gone up 10%.

Since November low, S&P500 has gone up 9.36% and healthcare has gone up 5.61%

Point being, gap has widened in the last few weeks, will healthcare catch up in the next few weeks? Lets see.

And Im still to work out what IVIG is.

Haha, IV Ig is "intravenous immunoglobulin", which basically is a means of delivering antibodies to people with some immunological and neurological problems.

Armed with that knowledge, go forth and be confident in your trading!!!

That $30 is the most watched level. I got in there at $31. Fingers cross.