Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Barack Obama!

Re: Barack 2008!

Obama Says He'd Be Better Against McCain

By NEDRA PICKLER – 2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) ”” Democratic Sen. Barack Obama sees one of the best arguments for his presidential candidacy in the rise of Republican Sen. John McCain.

McCain has become Obama's favorite punching bag, an easier mark in front of partisan audiences than the rival Obama will have to beat first to get to the general election ”” Hillary Rodham Clinton. But he also likes to lump the two of them together as co-supporters of the war in Iraq.

"It is time for new leadership that understands the way to win a debate with John McCain or any Republican who is nominated is not by nominating someone who agreed with him on voting for the war in Iraq," Obama said during a speech in Denver Wednesday.

The pitch is a timely pivot back to the issue that helped fuel Obama's candidacy ”” his early opposition to Iraq. Recently the war has become a secondary issue to the declining economy ”” an issue on which Clinton outdistances Obama in the polls as the more experienced hand to guide the nation though financial turmoil.

Obama advisers have said privately for months that McCain would be their preferred opponent among all those who sought the GOP nomination. They said a race between Obama, 46, and McCain, 71, would provide the starkest contrast between old vs. new, the future versus the past. It's an argument that Obama also has been using against Clinton, but his campaign feels it would be even stronger against McCain.

Repeatedly during a debate with Clinton Thursday night, Obama brought up McCain as if he were the presumptive GOP nominee. McCain has yet to lock up the race, but a recent win in Florida has made him the front-runner.

"I respect that John McCain, in the first two rounds of Bush tax cuts, said it is irresponsible that we have never before cut taxes at the same time as we're going into war," Obama said. "And somewhere along the line, the `Straight Talk Express' lost some wheels and now he is in favor of extending Bush tax cuts."

Later in the debate, he turned to McCain's position that troops could be in Iraq for the long haul. "When John McCain suggests that we might be there 100 years, that, I think, indicates a profound lack of understanding that we've got a whole host of global threats out there."

While Clinton voted for the war resolution in 2003 and has refused to apologize for it, she has said she would never have given Bush the authority to go to war if she had known he would abuse it. And she says she'll end the war if elected commander in chief.

"There is going to be a contest with John McCain potentially ”” somebody who's been very clear and firm about his position on the war," Obama told reporters. "If we go in there suggesting that it just was not managed well by George Bush, then Senator McCain I think will be able to come back and argue that in fact we have reduced violence in the surge."

"I think it's easier for me to dispute given it's my long-standing belief that it was a strategic error on the part of the Bush administration," Obama said.

He also argued that he would be more electable in a general election matchup against McCain than Clinton.

"I am attracting new voters and independent voters into the process in a way Clinton cannot do," Obama said at his news conference. "I think that'll be particularly important if Senator McCain is the nominee on the Republican side."

David Plouffe sent:

"Making calls is fun and easy, and you can make a big difference in these crucial contests. Try making five phone calls, and I promise you'll want to make five more."

http://my.barackobama.com/Feb5calls

This is the online calling tool:

Introduction

Hello, is _____ available?

My name is _____ and I am a volunteer with Obama for America. I'm supporting Barack Obama for President because he has a plan to protect and create jobs in this country, restore fairness to the tax code, and lower the cost of gas and heating oil.

Do you know who you plan to support in the primary on Tuesday?
If 'Strong support for Barack' is selected, then go to Planning to vote
If 'Leaning towards Barack' is selected, then go to Planning to vote
If 'Undecided ' is selected, then go to Undecided conclusion
If 'Leaning towards other candidate ' is selected, then go to Support Other conclusion
If 'Strongly supporting other candidate' is selected, then go to Support Other conclusion
If 'Refuses to Answer' is selected, then go to Closing Script
If 'Leave Message' is selected, then go to Leave Message

Planning to vote
Great! Are you planning on voting in the California primary this Tuesday?
If 'Yes' is selected, then go to Supporter conclusion
If 'No' is selected, then go to Not going to vote

Undecided conclusion
Well, I hope you'll consider him. Barack Obama knows how to bring people together to create the meaningful change we need. He will put the needs of middle class Americans ahead of special interests and big corporations, and give us the government we deserve.

Do you think you will vote for Senator Obama on Tuesday?
If 'Yes' is selected, then go to Going to vote
If 'No' is selected, then go to Closing Script
If 'Not sure' is selected, then go to Closing Script

Leave Message
This is a message for _________. Hi, my name is _________ and I am a volunteer with Obama for America. I'm supporting Barack Obama for President because he has a plan to protect and create jobs in this country, restore fairness to the tax code, and lower the cost of gas and heating oil. But most importantly, he offers a vision for our country that puts politics as usual behind us and sets us on the track to real change, change that we can believe in. I hope you will join me in supporting him in the California Democratic primary this Tuesday.
If 'Next' is selected, then go to Closing Script

Support Other conclusion
Well, thank you for your time. I really hope you will consider Senator Obama. He's a leader who will not only be ready to lead on Day One, but will have the judgment to make the right choices for everyday Americans like us.

Supporter conclusion
Thanks so much for your support. Remember to vote for Barack on Tuesday February 5th!

Going to vote
I'm very glad to hear it. If you need any additional information or want to find your polling location, you can visit http://ny.barackobama.com.

Not going to vote
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I can't stress how important it is to get out and vote for Senator Obama on Tuesday. Every single vote brings us one step closer to actually changing this country.

Closing Script
Thank you so much for taking time to talk with me. Have a great day/evening!

So... after studying the 'calling tool' format you then click onto one name on the list of 20 people they've selected for you... and dial...

You Say:
Hello, is _____ available?

My name is _____ and I am a volunteer with Obama for America. I'm supporting Barack Obama for President because he has a plan to protect and create jobs in this country, restore fairness to the tax code, and lower the cost of gas and heating oil.

Do you know who you plan to support in the primary on Tuesday?

Below this script are 7 buttons listed. You click on one that is relevant to carry on. The click brings up your next words and the button options for their response. Brilliant idea and technology.
But unfortunately, I have 29 essays to mark and two friends coming up from Brisbane this arv to stay the night!
Well... maybe ONE call... Tara wasn't home. :( Well... maybe TWO calls...
Hey! This is fun! :) And every call counts! :D

.. and lower the cost of gas and heating oil.

If 'Strong support for Barack' is selected, then go to Planning to vote
If 'Leaning towards Barack' is selected, then go to Planning to vote
If "When are we gonna learn that we already use far more than our share, that gas and heating oil are in finite supply, are causing harm, and some should be left for the kids and the grandkids", then go to ...umm .. hang up I guess.:confused:

If "When are we gonna learn that we already use far more than our share, that gas and heating oil are in finite supply, are causing harm, and some should be left for the kids and the grandkids", then go to ...umm .. hang up I guess.:confused:

Too true! Will this do 2020?

Plan for a Clean Energy Future
“Well, I don't believe that climate change is just an issue that's convenient to bring up during a campaign. I believe it's one of the greatest moral challenges of our generation. That's why I've fought successfully in the Senate to increase our investment in renewable fuels. That's why I reached across the aisle to come up with a plan to raise our fuel standards… And I didn't just give a speech about it in front of some environmental audience in California. I went to Detroit, I stood in front of a group of automakers, and I told them that when I am president, there will be no more excuses ”” we will help them retool their factories, but they will have to make cars that use less oil.”
”” Barack Obama, Speech in Des Moines, IA, October 14, 2007

At a Glance
• Reduce Carbon Emissions 80 Percent by 2050
• Invest in a Clean Energy Future
• Support Next Generation Biofuels
• Set America on Path to Oil Independence
• Improve Energy Efficiency 50 Percent by 2030
• Restore U.S. Leadership on Climate Change

The Problem
Foreign Oil: America's 20-million-barrel-a-day oil habit costs our economy $1.4 billion a day, and $500 billion in 2006 alone. Every single hour, we spend $41 million on foreign oil.
Climate Change: As a result of climate change, glaciers are melting faster; the polar ice caps are shrinking; trees are blooming earlier; more people are dying in heat waves; species are migrating, and eventually many will become extinct.

Barack Obama's Plan
Reduce Carbon Emissions 80 Percent by 2050

Cap and Trade: Obama supports implementation of a market-based cap-and-trade system to reduce carbon emissions by the amount scientists say is necessary: 80 percent below 1990 levels by 2050. Obama's cap-and-trade system will require all pollution credits to be auctioned. A 100 percent auction ensures that all polluters pay for every ton of emissions they release, rather than giving these emission rights away to coal and oil companies. Some of the revenue generated by auctioning allowances will be used to support the development of clean energy, to invest in energy efficiency improvements, and to address transition costs, including helping American workers affected by this economic transition.

Confront Deforestation and Promote Carbon Sequestration: Obama will develop domestic incentives that reward forest owners, farmers, and ranchers when they plant trees, restore grasslands, or undertake farming practices that capture carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

Invest in a Clean Energy Future
• Invest $150 Billion over 10 Years in Clean Energy:
Double Energy Research and Development Funding: Obama will double science and research funding for clean energy projects including those that make use of our biomass, solar and wind resources.
• Invest in a Skilled Clean Technologies Workforce:
• Convert our Manufacturing Centers into Clean Technology Leaders:
• Clean Technologies Deployment Venture Capital Fund: Obama will create a Clean Technologies Venture Capital Fund to fill a critical gap in U.S. technology development. Obama will invest $10 billion per year into this fund for five years.
Require 25 Percent of Renewable Electricity by 2025: Obama will establish a 25 percent federal Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) to require that 25 percent of electricity consumed in the U.S. is derived from clean, sustainable energy sources, like solar, wind and geothermal by 2025.
• Develop and Deploy Clean Coal Technology

Support Next Generation Biofuels
Deploy Cellulosic Ethanol: Obama will invest federal resources, including tax incentives, cash prizes and government contracts into developing the most promising technologies with the goal of getting the first two billion gallons of cellulosic ethanol into the system by 2013.
Expand Locally-Owned Biofuel Refineries: Less than 10 percent of new ethanol production today is from farmer-owned refineries. New ethanol refineries help jumpstart rural economies. Obama will create a number of incentives for local communities to invest in their biofuels refineries.
Establish a National Low Carbon Fuel Standard: Barack Obama will establish a National Low Carbon Fuel Standard to speed the introduction of low-carbon non-petroleum fuels. The standard requires fuels suppliers to reduce the carbon their fuel emits by ten percent by 2020.
Increase Renewable Fuel Standard: Obama will require 36 billion gallons of renewable fuels to be included in the fuel supply by 2022 and will increase that to at least 60 billion gallons of advanced biofuels like cellulosic ethanol by 2030.

Set America on Path to Oil Independence
Obama's plan will reduce oil consumption by at least 35 percent, or 10 million barrels per day, by 2030. This will more than offset the equivalent of the oil we would import from OPEC nations in 2030.
Increase Fuel Economy Standards: Obama will double fuel economy standards within 18 years. His plan will provide retooling tax credits and loan guarantees for domestic auto plants and parts manufacturers, so that they can build new fuel-efficient cars rather than overseas companies.

Improve Energy Efficiency 50 Percent by 2030
Set National Building Efficiency Goals: Barack Obama will establish a goal of making all new buildings carbon neutral, or produce zero emissions, by 2030. He'll also establish a national goal of improving new building efficiency by 50 percent and existing building efficiency by 25 percent over the next decade to help us meet the 2030 goal.
Establish a Grant Program for Early Adopters: Obama will create a competitive grant program to award those states and localities that take the first steps to implement new building codes that prioritize energy efficiency.
Invest in a Digital Smart Grid: Obama will pursue a major investment in our utility grid to enable a tremendous increase in renewable generation and accommodate modern energy requirements, such as reliability, smart metering, and distributed storage.

Restore U.S. Leadership on Climate Change
Create New Forum of Largest Greenhouse Gas Emitters: Obama will create a Global Energy Forum ”” that includes all G-8 members plus Brazil, China, India, Mexico and South Africa –the largest energy consuming nations from both the developed and developing world. The forum would focus exclusively on global energy and environmental issues.
Re-Engage with the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change: The UNFCCC process is the main international forum dedicated to addressing the climate problem and an Obama administration will work constructively within it.

Barack Obama's Record
Renewable Fuels: Obama has worked on numerous efforts in the Senate to increase access to and use of renewable fuels. Obama passed legislation with Senator Jim Talent (R-MO) to give gas stations a tax credit for installing E85 ethanol refueling pumps. The tax credit covers 30 percent of the costs of switching one or more traditional petroleum pumps to E85, which is an 85 percent ethanol/15 percent gasoline blend. Obama also sponsored an amendment that became law providing $40 million for commercialization of a combined flexible fuel vehicle/hybrid car within five years.
CAFE: Obama introduced a bold new plan that brought Republicans and Democrats, CAFE supporters and long-time opponents together in support of legislation that will gradually increase fuel economy standards and offer what the New York Times editorial page called "real as opposed to hypothetical results."

Obama, Clinton Are Even In Poll
McCain Now Clearly GOP's Front-Runner After Primary Wins

Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) and Barack Obama (Ill.) are running roughly even nationally as the battle for the Democratic nomination heads into Tuesday's big round of primaries and caucuses, while Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) has jumped to a dominating lead over his remaining rivals in the Republican race, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

McCain's big lead in this new national poll matches a wave of increasing support seen in state polls, which, coupled with the GOP's winner-take-all rules, gives him the opportunity to effectively wrap up the nomination with a strong showing Tuesday.

The Democratic contest is likely to keep going.

Democratic delegates are doled out based on complex formulas, with candidates picking up backers based on their performance within states and within congressional districts. The new poll underscores how competitive the race continues to be since Clinton and Obama split the first four sanctioned contests of the year. Clinton's four-percentage-point edge in the survey is about the same as it was three weeks ago and does not constitute a significant lead, given the poll's margin of sampling error.

The basic fault line between Clinton and Obama remains leadership and experience versus a new direction and new ideas. And since Edwards's exit on Wednesday, both candidates have worked relentlessly to remind voters of their apparent strengths. Three-quarters of voters who prioritize a solid resume said they back Clinton; 70 percent of those seeking a change-oriented candidate said they support Obama.

While Clinton has the edge on the issues voters say are most important to them, and enjoys a wide lead on the question of who is a stronger leader, Obama now holds a seven-percentage-point advantage as the candidate who would do the most to bring needed change to Washington.

And Clinton's once-sizable lead as the Democrat with the best shot at winning the White House has shrunk significantly; in the new poll, 47 percent said she is the most electable, while 42 percent said Obama has the better chance.

Too true! Will this do 2020?

Plan for a Clean Energy Future
“Well, I don't believe that climate change is just an issue that's convenient to bring up during a campaign. I believe it's one of the greatest moral challenges of our generation. That's why I've fought successfully in the Senate to increase our investment in renewable fuels. ........etc"
Thanks for that post Doris ;)

Just that we should be talking "user pays"
or maybe "abuser pays" or whatever. :2twocents

Big day today eh? ;)
(both for superTuesday - and also for the bludy market. ) :eek:

Thanks for that post Doris ;)

Just that we should be talking "user pays"
or maybe "abuser pays" or whatever. :2twocents

Big day today eh? ;)
(both for superTuesday - and also for the bludy market. ) :eek:

I agree fully in this moral... e.g. replacing the divots when you play polo! :)

Half my stocks are black... is this an omen?

Should be incredible to see what happens when California closes in five minutes! I have to say any swinger would have leaned to Democrats with Arnie's cute admission that his daughter was wearing an Obama Tshirt today!

Obama has today won 8 states, Hillary 6.

But how will the delegates and superdelegates vote? How will Californians vote... especially the Latinos?

No matter. It'll go on to May...

I agree fully in this moral... e.g. replacing the divots when you play polo! :)

Half my stocks are black... is this an omen?
Obama has today won 8 states, Hillary 6.
The ABC were saying that one of his speeches has been set to music.... apparently a marketing bonanza!

We should find it on youtube soon enough.

omens?
o man! what next Charlie Brown lol

PS Americans don't pick up their polo divots!
they turn a blind eye to every second Mexican coming over the border
and pay him 2 cents a divot ;)

Clinton And Obama Trade Victories in Super Tuesday Showdown

By Chris Cillizza
washingtonpost.com staff writer

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) scored major wins yesterday in populous states including California, New Jersey and Arizona, while Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) amassed victories in smaller states throughout the Midwest and plains -- a mixed result that left both candidates declaring victory on Super Tuesday.

Both candidates won their home states. Clinton claimed contested races in New Jersey and Massachusetts but saw her northeastern streak broken when Obama won Connecticut. The two split the southern states, with Obama winning Alabama and Georgia -- both of which have considerable black populations -- and Clinton victorious in Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Arizona.

Obama's strength in the Midwest -- particularly in states that held caucuses -- became clear as the night wore on as the freshman Illinois senator won in Minnesota, North Dakota and Kansas, as well as in Idaho and Colorado. He also scored a victory in Delaware - the home state of his campaign manager, David Plouffe, and communications director, Dan Pfeiffer. Obama came from behind to take the lead in the bellwether state of Missouri, although the race had not yet been called.

With the prospect of either a female or an African American heading the Democratic ticket for the first time in history, turnout and attention reached a climax in today's Super Tuesday proceedings, with 22 states casting ballots.

In an address just before 11 p.m. on the East Coast, Clinton proclaimed: "Tonight is America's night."

She touted her early state wins and urged supporters to vote in California. She added that she would not let anyone "Swift boat this country's future" - a reference to the attacks by independents groups on Sen. John Kerry's (D-Mass.) military record during the 2004 presidential election.

"There is one thing on this February night that we do not need the final results to know," said Obama at a raucous rally in Chicago. "Our time has come. Our movement is real. And change is coming to America."

Among states with polls that closed at 8 p.m. Eastern stime, Clinton led Obama, 53 percent to 44 percent in Missouri, with 59 percent of precincts reporting. Among 9 o'clock states, Clinton led Obama, 50 percent to 39 percent, in Arizona with 19 percent of precincts reporting. No results were available in New Mexico, which held a caucus. In Colorado's caucuses, Obama led 66 percent to 33, with 9 percent reporting. Clinton had a slim lead in Utah, 44-40 percent, with 2 percent reporting.

Because of the proportional manner in which Democrats award delegates, what was once expected to be the final day of the primary and caucus races was cast by both campaigns as simply a big battle in a larger war that could well extend into April and perhaps all the way to the Democratic National Convention in Denver late this summer.

Clinton's campaign hailed her victory in Massachusetts as "the upset of the night" in light of the high-profile endorsements Obama received last week from Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg and Sens. Edward Kennedy and John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick. Obama's campaign insisted that the Illinois Democrat had impressively closed the gap with Clinton in the Bay State in recent weeks and that his apparent narrow loss was a sign of strength, not weakness.

Obama has resisted putting his race front and center in the campaign in much the same way Senator Clinton has said she is not running as a woman for president but rather running for president as a woman. Still, the historic nature of the choice -- either Clinton or Obama would the represent a first -- has drawn massive amounts of attention and money to the nomination fight.

Early exit polling in nine battleground states -- Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York and Tennessee -- in the Democratic race suggested an electorate, once again, focused on the need for political change. Half of voters in each of the nine states said change was the key attribute in choosing a candidate; 63 percent named change in Obama's home state of Illinois, while 48 percent chose it as the key factor in Arizona.

The economy, too, continued to be a prime concern of Democratic voters in those nine states, far outdistancing the war in Iraq and health care on the minds of most voters.

At stake in today's contests for Democrats were 1,681 pledged delegates -- more than half the total of those delegates nationwide.

A total of 2,025 delegate votes are needed to win the nomination at the party's convention.

Of 4,049 total delegate votes to be cast at the convention, 3,253 will come from the "pledged delegates" that are awarded on a proportional basis to presidential candidates in the primaries and caucuses.

Heading into today's contests, Clinton was leading Obama, 261 to 196, in total pledged and unpledged delegates, according to a tally by the Associated Press.

Democrats use a proportional system to award their delegates, with any candidate taking over 15 percent in a congressional district qualifying.

What that system means in practical terms is that unless either Obama or Clinton is able to overwhelmingly win a congressional district, the two candidates will receive the same number of delegates -- ensuring neither builds too large a delegate lead.

To that end, the Clinton campaign announced it would participate in three upcoming debates -- Sunday on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanoulos," Feb. 27 in a CNN-sponsored debate in Ohio, and the next day in Houston with MSNBC as host.

"The campaign believes it's critically important that we continue the debates between Senator Obama and Senator Clinton," said Clinton lead strategist Mark Penn. "We think it's critically important that people get to see the candidates face to face."

On NBC's "Today" show this morning, Obama said: "I don't think that today's going to end up being decisive, but I think it'll give you a good sense of who's connecting with the voters' concerns right now."

Lost in the hubbub was Clinton's victory in American Samoa where 285 people gathered in a hotel in Pago Pago to cast their votes. Clinton claimed two delegates to one for Obama.

The ABC were saying that one of his speeches has been set to music.... apparently a marketing bonanza!

We should find it on youtube soon enough.

omens?
o man! what next Charlie Brown lol

PS Americans don't pick up their polo divots!
they turn a blind eye to every second Mexican coming over the border
and pay him 2 cents a divot ;)

Wow! At last I know why they only have a Mexican woman and child on their signs on the freeways... that is... to watch out for them... ;)

Yeah... A lot of folk don't want the illegals coming out so they can keep that cheap labour!

Romney went over the top in his victory speech this arv... listing all of Bush's shortcomings that he will fix! $35 million of his own money spent so far!

The most incredible primaries campaign ever!
Even Huckabee sounded like he thought he was a winner!

Barack has won 11 states today whilst Hillary has 7.

Now for the delegate count please!!

Yes We Can Song - Barack Obama Song by Will.I.Am

Song & video, featuring a star cast, by will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas. Inspired by Barack Obama's 'Yes We Can' speech. http://www.yeswecansong.com

It was a creed written into the founding documents that declared the destiny of a nation.
Yes we can.

It was whispered by slaves and abolitionists as they blazed a trail toward freedom.
Yes we can.

It was sung by immigrants as they struck out from distant shores and pioneers who pushed westward against an unforgiving wilderness.
Yes we can.

It was the call of workers who organized; women who reached for the ballots; a President who chose the moon as our new frontier; and a King who took us to the mountaintop and pointed the way to the Promised Land.
Yes we can to justice and equality.

Yes we can to opportunity and prosperity.
Yes we can heal this nation.
Yes we can repair this world.
Yes we can.

We know the battle ahead will be long, but always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in our way, nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change.

We have been told we cannot do this by a chorus of cynics...they will only grow louder and more dissonant ........... We've been asked to pause for a reality check. We've been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.

But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope.

Now the hopes of the little girl who goes to a crumbling school in Dillon are the same as the dreams of the boy who learns on the streets of LA; we will remember that there is something happening in America; that we are not as divided as our politics suggests; that we are one people; we are one nation; and together, we will begin the next great chapter in the American story with three words that will ring from coast to coast; from sea to shining sea --
Yes. We. Can.

Celebrities featured include: Scarlett Johansson, Tatyana Ali, John Legend, Herbie Hancock, Kate Walsh, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Adam Rodriquez, Kelly Hu, Adam Rodriquez, Amber Valetta and Nick Cannon

BARACK 2008? WESTS TIGERS ,BALMAIN BOY ALWAYS!!

BACK TO THE RACE TO THE WHITE HOUSE,JOHN MCCAIN WILL ROMP IN..

YOU HEARD IT FIRST HERE FROM THE TIGER..:D

Tiger - yep first to say Whitehouse and McCain in same sentence granted ..

PS I read that Hillary appeals to the white women and the Hispanic
And Obama to the white men and the Black Americans,

who does that leave for McCain ;)
the injuns?

Hey 2020... I read and heard white women over 65, especially in California.
...though Debbie is decades younger and she voted for her!

Hillary urged a lot of seniors out to poll, for the first time in their lives, when she said her 'mother was born at a time when women did not have the vote and now her daughter is here on this stage...'

... and the Latinos from her record of helping them whilst first lady and a senator.

Obama gets the vote from the educated young.

Yeah... Haven't seen Native Americans in the exit polls!! Do they vote? Nah... too busy with their casinos... in California at least.

Ten times the normal volume of voters turned out! ... despite tornados and blizzards. But hey... still low turnout figures.

5:10pm QLD time...
Sent: Wednesday, 6 February 2008 5:10 PM
To: Doris *******
Subject: Results

Doris --

The votes will be counted into the night and into tomorrow, but today we won states and we won delegates in every part of the country.

As of right now, we have won more states and delegates than Senator Clinton. It's a remarkable achievement we can all be proud of.

Tonight, we know one thing for sure -- our time has come, our movement is real, and change is coming to America.

At this moment in history, the stakes are too high and the challenges too great to play the same Washington game with the same Washington players and expect a different result.

This time must be different.

There will be those who say it cannot be done. But we know what we have seen and what we believe -- that when ordinary people come together we can still do extraordinary things.

Yes, we can.

Thank you so much,

Barack

Paid for by Obama for America
This email was sent to: doris.*******@bigpond.com

2020... would you believe Michelle sent your video to me! Just checking my mail after two days in hosp for tests...

Sent: Tuesday, 5 February 2008 11:49 AM
To: Doris *******
Subject: You have to see this

Doris --

A friend sent me this video over the weekend.

After nearly a year on the campaign trail, I've seen a lot of things that have touched me deeply, but I had to share this with you:

http://my.barackobama.com/yeswecan

Sharing this video, which was created by supporters, is one more way to help start a conversation with your friends, family, coworkers, and anyone else who will be voting soon about the issues important to them in this election.

Right now people like you are making phone calls, emailing friends, and doing everything they can to reach voters before the big vote tomorrow.

This is our moment -- please do what you can to help.

Thank you so much,

Michelle

Paid for by Obama for America
This email was sent to: doris.*******@bigpond.com

231117114824leo4.jpg

@Doris, I think your friend Michele is telling porkies, Clinton is slightly in front. Obama might have won more 'smaller' states to Clinton but adding up the delegates that Clinton has won from the bigger states means it's gonna be neck and neck. I wouldn't be suprised if the Democratic caucus has to choose who their two canididates will be and what a waste of hundreds of millions of dollars for a country trying to keep out of a recession...