Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Barack Obama!

Re: Obama - World Saviour or Bush Baggage Carrier ?

The fear of losing money now seems to be greater than the greed for some,more.

Yes, and as this fear spreads more rampantly - and a whole wave of punters opt to steer clear of the markets for a few years ... the bottom will then begin to show itself, hopefully :p:

At the inauguration luncheon Ted Kennedy has collapsed.

I am also hearing rumours that he's carked it and that a second senator has also collapsed.

Omen?

developing.....

I am also hearing rumours that he's carked it and that a second senator has also collapsed.

Omen?

developing.....

Well, the share market collapsed to the worst DOW opening, post inauguration, EVER.

Maybe the senators have significant shares in Bank of America?

:cool:

Ironically, BA boasts in his speech, "America can now start to lead the world".

Where, exactly?

This is a great moment for the USA, unfortunately it comes during a very bad moment for the USA.

Obama wont be able to fix things, no one can, but he just might change a few things to help shore up the future.

I agree that his foreign policy is a worry and if he gets too radical with his ideas, well.......remember JFK.

Omen?

developing.....
Teddie is apparently OK

barak obama...and his organisation ACORN were at the grass roots of the sub prime mortgage racket......

does a leopard change its spots ???

here is an extract.............................................
and link to the full article is at the bottom

ACORN showed its colors again in 1991, by taking over the House Banking Committee room for two days to protest efforts to scale back the CRA. Obama represented ACORN in the Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 1994 suit against redlining. Most significant of all, ACORN was the driving force behind a 1995 regulatory revision pushed through by the Clinton Administration that greatly expanded the CRA and laid the groundwork for the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac borne financial crisis we now confront. Barack Obama was the attorney representing ACORN in this effort. With this new authority, ACORN used its subsidiary, ACORN Housing, to promote subprime loans more aggressively.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/09/barack_obama_and_the_strategy.html

Re: Barack 2009!

And yet he has been appointing the same lifetime advisors that have been round for years and all the previous administrations.

Dont you realise that politicians are just puppets...

Prawn- 'there are none so blind as those who will not see'!

1. He chose experienced people who will work in NEW jobs to his rules. He is the leader! It is his game now!

He thanked Bush for 'his service' to the nation then decried its flaws:

On this day, we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics.

Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet.

2. Barack is no-one's puppet except to the people who donated their meagre cash to fund his campaigns.

He studied Lincoln - even swore his oath today on Lincoln's bible - and one of the lessons he learned from old Abe was to not be a political puppet.

Voters will be threatening if his platforms are not implemented but as I stated yesterday, these campaign issues are the ones he will attack and use to kick-start the US economy - as he reiterated in his speech today:

The state of the economy calls for action, bold and swift, and we will act - not only to create new jobs, but to lay a new foundation for growth. We will build the roads and bridges, the electric grids and digital lines that feed our commerce and bind us together. We will restore science to its rightful place, and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality and lower its cost. We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories. And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age. All this we can do. And all this we will do.

I hope the ghost of 2020 was smiling at Obama's re-pledge for global health as underlined above. ;)

I noticed Barack Obama struggled on the oath. A bit unfortunate that after a flawless performance up to that point.

It would still be better in these hard times, some say desperate, to have a hard nosed President who gives nothing away. George Bush is being super friendly, I think, because he knows that Obama has little hope of for filling his dream, with the Federal Government coffers empty and the loan book stretched to melting point.

Probably have a headache tomorrow night.Apologies to Doris and Julia.Hope I haven't left anyone out.
Not sure what your apology is about, sassa. Please don't count me in with Doris as one of the hysterical Obama fans. I'd have voted for him had I been an American, but I don't regard him as the ultimate Saviour of the world.

While we are on the topic of great leaders any idea what Krudd has in mind for bailout Mark 11?

Wonder how many B.O trinkets they sold in Alabama?

While we are on the topic of great leaders any idea what Krudd has in mind for bailout Mark 11?

Wonder how many B.O trinkets they sold in Alabama?
Well, let's see now. How about vouchers for your local pokies venue, vouchers for families for a week at Dreamworld, vouchers for $1000 per family at David Jones since their profit report today was abysmal, and then vouchers for everyone receiving those preceding vouchers to go to Canberra, sit in parliament in rapt gratitude to Mr Rudd. Whaddya think?

Re: Barack 2009!

Annoyance permeates and prickles when 'the first black president' is trumpeted.

What a disgracefully hideous and obnoxious inference. :mad:

Apart from maybe the KKK, there would scarcely be a person in the world who would consider this as even a factor, apart from the historicality(?) of it.

It certainly has not been a factor here on ASF. Congratulations for playing the race card straight out from under the table.

If there is annoyance, it is at the messianic nature of the campaign and the slobbering adulation from certain sections of "sheeple".

Only sheeple are led, people will look to Obama with a critical eye.