Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Barack Obama!

Re: Barack 2008!

You have good gut instinct noirua and hopefully your respect for Obama will grow with time.

Barack wanted to buy a house but it was on a large piece of land.
Tony Rezko's wife bought the land, enabling Barack to afford the house.
The media made this clear in their investigations. Smoke does not always reveal a fire.
Smoke does not always reveal a fire, but it does make for a screen. Perhaps someone will buy a chunk of land so we can all afford a house, shucks no of course not, we're not in the running for PRESIDENT.

You have good gut instinct noirua and hopefully your respect for Obama will grow with time.

Barack wanted to buy a house but it was on a large piece of land.
Tony Rezko's wife bought the land, enabling Barack to afford the house.
The media made this clear in their investigations. Smoke does not always reveal a fire.

Doris you are incredible.

You are so loyal to Obama.

As he would say in return to your undying love.

I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I get my lovin' on the run
Wooo Wooooo

gg

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I did not have sexual relations with that woman Miss Lewinsky, I never told anybody to lie, not a single time, never

I had no contact with the governor or his office, so I was not aware of what was happening

Re: Obama's Team

Anyone laugh when John Sununu was appointed to one of the teams?

I did. I didn't think it was a real person, and thought it was just a Naked Gun joke. :eek:

I also thought the name was Johnson Nunu, not, John Sununu... :eek:

Obama is already on the slippery slope and he hasn't been sworn in. America is going to commit a further 20,000 to 30,000 troops to Afghanistan in 2009. This will double the number already there.

Why are they ignoring history?

Obama is already on the slippery slope and he hasn't been sworn in. America is going to commit a further 20,000 to 30,000 troops to Afghanistan in 2009. This will double the number already there.

I was worried about Obama's foreign policy during the campaign and said so earlier in this thread.

Change?

Nah!

With unemployment rising and Obama likely to water down his plans with excuses. Sending as many troops as possible to far off lands may divert attention from the dire economy likely throughout all of his first term, and helps a bit on the increasing unemployment.

Doris,

What are your views on the Chicago way?

Maybe Obama's family holiday across the US when he was ten - when he saw a shrunken head in a Chicago museum - had an impact on him to return there as a post graduate. Obviously there was wide scope for improvement in the employment and health of the poor... his goal to explore and develop his bottom-up management thesis.

Mix with people who have the skills you wish for... Mix with eagles if you want to fly.

Obama was on record from Day One, in side-stepping ANYONE whom he deemed below his morality bench mark.

Lying down with dogs gives you fleas
Obama chose to stand and walk away from the dubious... or have formal links only, in mandatory meetings.

I continue to be amazed in Barack's pristine choices of talent for prime posts. Even a post vacant since 2006:

Will he choose "a reporter" for Surgeon General? ... A post largely about informing the nation on public health.

CNN reporter Sanjay Gupta, a neurosurgeon who is among the nation's best-known physicians, is under serious consideration to be the next surgeon general.

Government experience:
* a White House fellow in 1997
* served as a special adviser to then-first lady Hillary Clinton.

At times, Dr. Gupta's roles as reporter and physician have overlapped:

In 2003, while working as a correspondent with the U.S. Navy's medical unit in Iraq and Kuwait,
he also performed five brain surgeries.

Lovitt!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123127633619058511.html?mod=article-outset-box

Doris,

I hope you're around this forum in four years to review the disaster that will become of this Presidency. (probably much, but not all, beyond his control)

I really couldnt give a toss about US politics, as i have no control over any of it, so why should i care, but:

Hasn't he just appointed the same (or same sort of) people as previous regimes?

I would be very surprised if he doesn't just get bogged down in the mire that is modern democracy, meaning he will not be able to achieve anything :2twocents

You boys really must look into your crystal glass and see the part that's half full! ;)

I saw a quietly fierce determination on Obama's face in a news interview today when asked about the Gaza situation. He said he was concerned and would give his thoughts in two weeks. Israel took the bait in firing on those UN schools. They knew Hamas set up those kids for a wanton suicide mission. They both are stubborn but the world needs a resolution. This will be as big an issue as the global economic crisis!

It is one concept to choose well known figures who have proven their ability in the past and quite another to appoint them in a related but new brief determined by a man who can see all his models arranged on his board. New faces that are unproven is not wisdom!

Only a whippersnapper ostrich says we are immune to US politics. If you're like me you're feeling pretty good that you've recovered 30% of your stock losses in the past week! Is it global confidence in an Obama administration that helped this? Hello... the US (under GW) sent the market spiraling!

I'm just relieved that the only politician who has ever impressed me, impressed me with his attitudes and intelligence, when he had not yet even done an exploratory on his candidacy two years ago, has the helm. It won't be easy but he is the only man for the job. Yes. Some things will be beyond his control but he will make us all glad he's the leader. It will be a testing four years. I hope we're all around to see it!

You boys really must look into your crystal glass and see the part that's half full! ;)

Doris,

You don't understand that recession is the full bit.

We NEED a decent recession, perhaps depression to reset the western economies to a healthy path.

What Obama, Uncle Ben et al are indulging in, is "Hair Of The Dog Economics", or to use the Geordie alchoholics logic - "What made yer bad'll make yer better... aye yabbuggermar" (said with an almost Teutonic guttural growl).

They're trying to feed the alchos more bourbon. It won't work and will cause more problems.

Doris,

I posted this on another thread last week. I thought you might like it. He really does have a halo

Attachments

• 0,,6401673,00.jpg
    0,,6401673,00.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 188

Doris,

I posted this on another thread last week. I thought you might like it. He really does have a halo

Lol...

Letterman said tonight that Obama has just been voted the most admired man in America.

Wayne should tell them he hasn't started the job yet!

Someone sent me this cartoon of all the presidents of the US with the caption:

Eye Test

Can you spot the 44th president of the United States of America in the chart below...

(the preview doesn't show the drawing! :confused: Help Mods! )
You can imagine why this president is easily spotted.
But it is funny!

Attachments

• Eye test.bmp
    18.9 KB · Views: 48

I saw a quietly fierce determination on Obama's face in a news interview today when asked about the Gaza situation. He said he was concerned and would give his thoughts in two weeks. Israel took the bait in firing on those UN schools. They knew Hamas set up those kids for a wanton suicide mission. They both are stubborn but the world needs a resolution. This will be as big an issue as the global economic crisis!
If he had some balls, he would be speaking now.

Another president being in power now hasn't stopped him announcing other initiatives.

(the preview doesn't show the rows of faces! :confused: Help Mods! )
You can imagine why the last president is easily spotted.
But it is funny!

Doris,

Save images as .gif .jpg or .png rather than .bmp and they will show up.

Doris,

You don't understand that recession is the full bit.

We NEED a decent recession, perhaps depression to reset the western economies to a healthy path.

What Obama, Uncle Ben et al are indulging in, is "Hair Of The Dog Economics", or to use the Geordie alchoholics logic - "What made yer bad'll make yer better... aye yabbuggermar" (said with an almost Teutonic guttural growl).

They're trying to feed the alchos more bourbon. It won't work and will cause more problems.

My intuition tells me this time maybe Darwinism will prevail... as each country dusts itself off, led by China.

It might look like bankers/consumers are being offered gin or vodka - but could it be water in this heat?

Must it be flattening the storm-ravaged property and building again from scratch and not be curbed at recession status?

That terrifies me Wayne! :eek:
Remember what followed the last two global depressions where this happened?
Gaza is being set up in readiness for WWIII.
I vote recession only!