Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ARU - Arafura Rare Earths

As with peter2 above, the move to EV's is now well underway, so the demand for rare earth magnets for EV motors should take off, add to that the unreliable supply line from China and these second tier supplies will be fast tracked IMO.

I'm taking ARU as one of my 2022 yearly comp selections. Their Nolans project in the NT "is the only NdPr focused project in Australia that plans to mine and process ore to oxide at a single site". NdPr is used in NdFeB magnets, vital for electric vehicles, robots, cellphones, wind turbines and MRI machines. I expect the share price to rise as there is a push for electric vehicles and ARU will be moving closer to production throughout 2022.

Some battery mineral miners are posting strong gains in morning trade following reports that Scott Morrison will announce $243 million in grants for projects that allow Australia to capitalise on the boom in electric vehicles.

Arafura Resources (ARU) will receive $30 million which will contribute to the construction of a $90.8 million rare earth separation plan at its Nolans project. The stock surged 18 per cent to 23¢.

Another stock in demand as the closing auction price (0.365) is significantly higher than the 4pm price (0.350). Very high volume in the closing auction.

I sold ARU today as price drifted lower than the price at which I added to the initial position. Granted the add was a little late as 0.34 would have been better (after HVBB). I'll be ready to re-buy ARU if it trades higher. There's a strong underlying demand for most companies with significant rare earth resources.

aru1609.PNG

Bought a speculative position in ARU today as price is back down near their last cap raise price level (<0.30).
Noticed todays bid for HAS, another RE company.

On November 1st, 2022, Arafura Resources Limited changed its name to Arafura Rare Earths Limited.

Acording to the Murdoch Press ARu which is in a trading alt, will announce an offtake agreement with Hyundai.
South Korean industrial majors have taken another step towards locking in security of supply with Australian rare earth producers, with Hyundai signing an agreement with Northern Territory hopeful Arafura.
Arafura Rare Earths is expected to emerge from a trading halt on Monday to announce it has locked in a binding sales deal with the South Korean carmaker, sealing an agreement first reached in May.

The deal with Hyundai comes as the race to become Australia’s second major rare earth oxide producer heats up, following Iluka Resources’ October agreement to buy concentrate for its planned WA refinery from Northern Minerals.
Arafura’s deal with Hyundai locks in the sale of about 40 per cent of its annual output for 7 years, or up to 1500 tonnes of neodymium and praseodymium oxide (NdPr) destined for use in Hyundai’s electric vehicles.

The offtake agreement is a key step forward for Arafura as it completes the front end engineering and design (FEED) studies on the refinery for its Nolans rare earths project in the Northern Territory, given the company will likely launch talks with potential funders for the project early in the new year.

Previous studies have tipped the cost of Nolans at about $1bn, although that figure is expected to change when Arafura delivers its FEED study towards the end of this year.
I dont hold.
Mick

I do hold and I'm a little angry that information like this is released to the press before it's reported to the ASX and the ARU shareholders.

Good evening
The fruits of yesterday arvo's announcement (*see attached) were revealed today.
Nice one. 17.14% gain for ARU.

Not holding.

Kind regards
rcw1

Attachments

• Nolans-receives-Mining-Authorisation-from-NT-Government.PDF
    300.7 KB · Views: 4
Good evening
The fruits of yesterday arvo's announcement (*see attached) were revealed today.
Nice one. 17.14% gain for ARU.

Not holding.

Kind regards
rcw1
Was just thinking:

OPTION EXPIRING 29-FEB-2024 ASX: ARUO
Last Price (AUD) $0.084 Today's Change Up $0.020 (31.25%)

A good punt. Kindly conduct your own due diligence.

Have a very nice night.

Kind regards
rcw1

Good afternoon
Reported today (21/11/22):
Arafura Rare Earths is granted access authorities for its 100 per cent owned Nolans Neodymium-Praseodymium Project in the Northern Territory.

The Northern Territory government granted the access authorities for corridors for the construction of the process plant site and village access roads, mine access road and borefield access tracks and pipeline routes.

“Granting of the Access Authorities is one of the many things that the team at Arafura have been working on over the past year, in parallel with front-end engineering and design, product offtake, and project funding," Arafura’s managing director Gavin Lockyer said. "It represents another important step towards commencing construction on the Nolans Project.”

Have a very nice day, today.

Kind regards
rcw1

This puppy popped up as a strong buy in 2 systems so why not this month's competition choice?

Last edited:
Four months earlier ARU raised A$41 million capital to "progress development of the Nolans project".
-------------------------

Now ARU raises another A$121 million to accelerate the Nolans Project development schedule. Issue price 0.37 (last trade 0.44).

Hancock Prospecting is a cornerstone investor, committing to invest $60 million (post completion interest ~10%.

Four months earlier ARU raised A$41 million capital to "progress development of the Nolans project".
-------------------------

Now ARU raises another A$121 million to accelerate the Nolans Project development schedule. Issue price 0.37 (last trade 0.44).

Hancock Prospecting is a cornerstone investor, committing to invest $60 million (post completion interest ~10%.
I can not wait to volunteer, I am so lucky one of my system invested , just lost 10% :-(
4 months between capital raising seriously....