Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

2024 Olympic Games

Trew blue Aussie Arisa is also multicultural as well what a legend oi oi oi and didn't she interview well?

BTW my post wasn't political in anyway but it was referencing un-Australian behavior oi oi oi.

But on a political bent Hanson supporters here should comment on people like Arisa Trew taking over Australia, Hanson has won her senate position saying such things.
No of course your post wasnt political or divisive, they never are. Lol

Anyway back to the olympics, hopefully.

Great to see the South African old dude out there, the crowd gave him a huge cheer, when I saw him line up I thought this could end badly.
But it didn't good on him.

Great to see the South African old dude out there, the crowd gave him a huge cheer, when I saw him line up I thought this could end badly.
But it didn't good on him.

What was that in?

Bronze wall climbing final coming up.
Poland took it, Indonesian girl slipped.
Final for gold should be great Poland/ China.
Here we go, Poland won, what a race, absolutely amazing.
Fabulous to watch, unbelievable skills.
Do yourself a favour and watch the womens wall climbing final, 6.18 seconds to climb an indoor rock wall.

Two Australians in the mens skate board final, Andy Mac from U.K did well for a 51 year old bloke, what a legend.
51 years old and still competing against the kids on a skateboard, that's brave at 51 you don't bounce, you break. Lol

The speed wall climbing, was amazing, how those athletes ran up those walls was mind blowing.
Two Polish girls are competing for gold.
Well I thought they were but the Indonesian girl just made a great time.
I watched the wall climbers for the first time yesterday and saw a bit tonight.
Just like spiders going up, amazing agility and speed.
Said to "Her Who is never Wrong" that is me on a bad day. 🤣

Looks like we're going to finish third. Amazing.

Maybe they'll add darts, hop scotch and fishing into the Brisbane olympics and we'll get up to second.

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 9.05.19 AM.png

Looks like we're going to finish third. Amazing.

Maybe they'll add darts, hop scotch and fishing into the Brisbane olympics and we'll get up to second.

View attachment 182215
We are the biggest in all forms of recreation/sport, over a wide range of sports and on a tiny population.

We are the real sporting nation. Dinghy Sailing, Pole Vault (Go Nina), Swimming, Skateboard, cycling, walking, you name it.

I believe Beach Volleyball was us, bring in Beach Cricket!!!

We are the biggest in all forms of recreation/sport, over a wide range of sports and on a tiny population.

We are the real sporting nation. Dinghy Sailing, Pole Vault (Go Nina), Swimming, Skateboard, cycling, walking, you name it.

If they did a count on a per capita basis, we'd be way in front.

Just came across the Water / Acrobat /Gymnastics/ Dancing event in the Olympics. Got me thinking about growing up in the days of the swimming, running, gymnastics events . Quite unimaginable then . The norm today.

The US performance was eyecatching.

I believe Beach Volleyball was us, bring in Beach Cricket!!!

Total failures trying to score some coke... :rolleyes:

Mens wall climb, 4.8 seconds OMG and it isnt the finish yet.
Bronze medal WR 4.74 seconds to U.S.
Gold medal Indonesia 4.75 seconds, China silver 4.76 seconds amazing guys.

Last edited: