Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

2024 Olympic Games

This is not photoshopped. Far out !!!

View attachment 181706

Medina is amazing / highly respected by Australians (not generally the case for all Brazilian surfers) and there are other angles of this wave as well. The Surfing coverage is pretty poor in terms of access but footage way better than what the WSL provide.

Is it my eyesight, or is there a weird looking rectangle shape under his feet, that doesn't fit in with the sky behind?

Screenshot 2024-07-30 182301.jpg

Another evil Murdoch press clip.

Football commentator Lucy Zelic has questioned the Zambian women's football team's inclusion of players who had previously been banned for failing gender eligibility tests. Zambian forward Barbra Banda scored a hat-trick and striker Racheal Kundananji two goals in Zambia's 6-5 loss against the Matildas.

I've just been admiring the speed, endurance and dedication of the swimming teams who have dedicated millions of hours into their training.

Then, I watched the BMX riders crashing pitifully into the concrete, after they spent a few weekends spinning wheels at their local loserloop.

The surfers are going to hospital because France thinks it should still own Tahiti.

The triathlon is going to be a biathlon because the Seine is a toilet.

An opening ceremony mocked modern society, but not failure society.

I've just been admiring the speed, endurance and dedication of the swimming teams who have dedicated millions of hours into their training.

Then, I watched the BMX riders crashing pitifully into the concrete, after they spent a few weekends spinning wheels at their local loserloop.

The surfers are going to hospital because France thinks it should still own Tahiti.

The triathlon is going to be a biathlon because the Seine is a toilet.

An opening ceremony mocked modern society, but not failure society.
It's still better than your normal daily intake of "Home and away". 🤣

Myself, and some other Olympic Gods, are absolutely enthralled by the BMX Bandits tonight.

I saw one girl (might have been trans) take a hand off her handlebar and kick her goose neck at one point which must have meant extra points. A very difficult trick, I'm sure.

The equestrian teams must be wondering how they can train their nags to be more compliant in assisting with their tricks.

Should these kids be allowed out so late in Paris, at night, or anytime?

Myself, and some other Olympic Gods, are absolutely enthralled by the BMX Bandits tonight.

I saw one girl (might have been trans) take a hand off her handlebar and kick her goose neck at one point which must have meant extra points. A very difficult trick, I'm sure.

The equestrian teams must be wondering how they can train their nags to be more compliant in assisting with their tricks.

Should these kids be allowed out so late in Paris, at night, or anytime?
@Sean K We were wondering the same about the age of some of these "competitors".
Obviously within the age limit whatever that is, but seems to us they are a bit young and perhaps immature for this level of competition.

@Sean K We were wondering the same about the age of some of these "competitors".
Obviously within the age limit whatever that is, but seems to us they are a bit young and perhaps immature for this level of competition.

Maybe the IOC have introduced some of these leisure activities into the games to get another demographic interested.

Very interesting swim by the Chinese guy in the 100m final this morning. Won by a second. In a 100m race. Incredible. :oops:

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 9.40.37 AM.png

Can't even keep Climate Change out of the Olympics. Massive heat wave currently over Paris/Europe.
I reckon the 2040 Olympics will be held under giant air conditoned domes :D

Extreme ‘heat dome’ hitting Olympics ‘impossible’ without global heating
Scorching temperatures in Mediterranean countries and north Africa already causing increase in premature deaths

“Climate change crashed the Olympics on Tuesday,” said Dr Friederike Otto, a climatologist at Imperial College London and part of the World Weather Attribution group behind the analysis. “The world watched athletes swelter in 35C heat. If the atmosphere wasn’t overloaded with emissions from burning fossil fuels, Paris would have been about 3C cooler and much safer for sport.”

Numerous athletes, including the gymnastics superstar Simone Biles, have suffered in the heat, with one tennis player having called it “crazy” and sailing competitors having worn ice vests to keep cool. Fans watching the beach volleyball near the Eiffel Tower were sprayed with hoses, while misting fountains have been set up at skateboarding and other venues and millions of bottles of water have been handed out at train and Métro stations.

Maybe the IOC have introduced some of these leisure activities into the games to get another demographic interested.

Very interesting swim by the Chinese guy in the 100m final this morning. Won by a second. In a 100m race. Incredible. :oops:

View attachment 181787
I wonder if he will drug tested. A 1 sec win in that race is unbelievable

We will probably have to apologise soon, we are becoming good at that. :roflmao:

China suspect Aussie beef as source of steroid in positive test​

Chinese state security services suspected that contaminated Australian beef caused two swimmers to test positive to a powerful steroid.

View attachment 181787

I wonder if he will drug tested. A 1 sec win in that race is unbelievable

We will probably have to apologise soon, we are becoming good at that. :roflmao:

China suspect Aussie beef as source of steroid in positive test​

Chinese state security services suspected that contaminated Australian beef caused two swimmers to test positive to a powerful steroid.
What a load of complete utter crap.
As a beef producer there is no way touched up export or domestic beef would be passed.
They have been caught out infusing their athletes with steroids of their own doing.

I'm sure he'll be swabbed. But, if positive, they'll blame it on a beef and broccoli stir fry I think. Maybe they have some good blockers.

Unless this is just hard feelings for a remarkable swim.

View attachment 181799
Shades of the Democratic Republic of Germany all those years ago.
Then there was the Chinese "female" swimmer some years also whose body certainly was not natural. Full of enhancement drugs.

The 20km Women's Walk is on and it looks like a bunch of girls trying not to run around the pool because there's a 'no running' sign.

And, I'm pretty sure I know what the rules are, but I've freeze framed the tape on numerous occasions and everyone has two feet off the ground at any one time.

Who came up with this sport?

Personal opinion:

The woMEN's boxing is a farking clown show, an absolute disgrace.

They're just not manning up.
It is crazy, the Italian girl got hit a few times and realised, there is a difference.
Only the always right loonies, think that it is fair, but they are always right, people are getting fed up IMO.
Boxing will just have to become a male sport, in the name of inclusiveness, before a woman gets seriously hurt by another woman.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-Italian-opponent-tears-fight-abandoned.html

A boxer deemed a 'biological male' today won against an Italian woman in one of the most controversial Olympic bouts ever.

The fight took 46 seconds and her Italian opponent threw her helmet onto the floor as the fight was abandoned before yelling: 'This is unjust.'

She refused the handshake, fell to the canvas sobbing as the emotional Italian broke down in tears after just two punches.