Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

John McCain

Doris howdy ;)
as mentioned elsewhere .... Wesley Clark (Democratic, recent VP hopeful) was criticised a week or two back for saying that being shot down in a fighter is not a necessary prerequisite for becoming President. Heck , he's been there 4 times , presumably he'd make 4 times the President that McCain would :eek:

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=309210

And for much of this election year Senator McCain's military record has been off limits. That was until General Wesley Clark fired this broadside on Sunday talk show: Face the Nation.

WESLEY CLARK: He hasn't held executive responsibility. That large squadron in the navy that he commanded wasn't a wartime squadron. He hasn't been there and ordered the bombs to fall.

INTERVIEWER: I'd have to say Barack Obama has not had any of those experiences either. Nor has he ridden in a fighter plane and gotten shot down.

WESLEY CLARK: Well, I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be President.

MICHAEL ROWLAND: General Clark may himself be a war hero - he was shot four times during his stint in Vietnam, but he's again shown how great soldiers don't necessarily make great politicians.

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=324409&highlight=wesley#post324409

Heck - compare Wesley Clark with McCain - one valedictorian of his class at West Point, was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship to the University of Oxford etc

the other graduating 894 th in a class of 899 .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Clark

Wesley Clark
Born December 23, 1944 (1944-12-23) (age 63)

General Wesley Clark
Place of birth Chicago, Illinois
Defense Distinguished Service Medal (5)
Army Distinguished Service Medal (2)
Silver Star
Legion of Merit (4)
Bronze Star (2)
Purple Heart
French Ordre national du Mérite
German Merit Cross of the Federal Republic (Order of Merit)

Wesley Kanne Clark, KBE (born December 23, 1944) is a retired General of the United States Army. Clark was valedictorian of his class at West Point, was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship to the University of Oxford where he obtained a degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (Philosophy, Politics & Economics), and later graduated from the Command and General Staff College with a master's degree in military science. He spent 34 years in the Army and the Department of Defense, receiving many military decorations, several honorary knighthoods, and a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Clark commanded Operation Allied Force in the Kosovo War during his term as the Supreme Allied Commander Europe of NATO from 1997 to 2000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_mccain

Attachments

• clark.jpg
    clark.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 69
2020 what a load of codswallop you go on with. I thought that when you started this thread it was to lecture the uneducated masses on what a nasty person John McCain is. And you have done your best. Post after post full of quotations and downloads trying to prove how smart you are and how blind everybody else. And now you are into conspiracy theories. Oswald for god's sake! You will be on the moonlandings next! And you are adding to your longwinded diatribes by quoting yourself. I think that you should get a life. This stuff is obviously all you do and it is now an obsession. You can't tolerate different viewpoints, and you can't put forward a rational point of view. Have you ever thought of making concise postings with just your thoughts and ideas not somebody elses? You could probably increase your postings to 20 a day.

2020 what a load of codswallop you go on with. I thought that when you started this thread it was to lecture the uneducated masses on what a nasty person John McCain is. And you have done your best. Post after post full of quotations and downloads trying to prove how smart you are and how blind everybody else. And now you are into conspiracy theories. Oswald for god's sake! You will be on the moonlandings next! And you are adding to your longwinded diatribes by quoting yourself. I think that you should get a life. This stuff is obviously all you do and it is now an obsession. You can't tolerate different viewpoints, and you can't put forward a rational point of view. Have you ever thought of making concise postings with just your thoughts and ideas not somebody elses? You could probably increase your postings to 20 a day.
calliope
maybe you could be specific on what you disagree with ;)

Calliope - healthy to keep an open mind.

I read documentaries on investigations into Marilyn Monroe's murder yonks ago - that she was going to blow the whistle on JFK's Vietnam plans. Can't recall details but there was evidence that actor Peter Lawford, JFK's brother in law, was the brains behind her death and cover-up... his car at her house hours before she was found dead... Her spirits/demeanor/plans not conducive to suicide etc...

When JFK became president, she'd been involved as a secret courier between the White House and her boyfriend who was a Chicago mob boss planning a plot to kill Castro. She met JFK through Frank Sinatra. Lots of cover-ups.

50 year release of info I wonder?

Ok...Ok...I admit it. Us Americans are hell bent on dominating the world and will destroy anyone who gets in our way. WE ARE EVIL!!! LOL:eek:

Sarah Palin...Running mate. Nice choice! This is enough to seure my vote for John McCain.

Sarah Palin...Running mate. Nice choice! This is enough to seure my vote for John McCain.

makes sense no question ..
(as in short term political sense anyway)

but a week ago she was way down the list :-
Mitt Romney 3.5/1
Joe Lieberman 8/1
Tim Pawlety 11/1
Mark Sanford 20/1
Kay Bailey Hutchinson 25/1
Mike Huckabee 26/1
Sarah Palin 28/1
Chuck Hagel 38/1
Charlie Crist 40/1
Condoleezza Rice 40/1
etc

Ok...Ok...I admit it. Us Americans are hell bent on dominating the world and will destroy anyone who gets in our way. WE ARE EVIL!!! LOL:eek:
told you a million times not to exaggerate websman.
PS You'll agree I'm sure that recent leadership sets a pretty low bar for comparison - irrespective of the qualities of Americans as a nation. We can only do better there surely, irrespective of who gets in. :2twocents

calliope
maybe you could be specific on what you disagree with ;)

That's a reasonable question and deserves a reasonable answer. however I like to keep my posts brief, and as I have other interests, including making a living, I may have to answer in serial form. First of all I would like to make a disclaimer. I am not a John McCain advocate, but I do think he will win by default
It seems to me that you regard yourself as the alpha person in this little pool and you have surrounded yourself with a little cheer squad, united by the common thread of belief in Obama's infallibility and a dislike of McCain. Your nutty conspiracy theory ideas have also taken root in this little group, and now it seems you are an apologist for Putin purely because he hates McCain.
As the alpha person you are wary of intruders and your critics often get a nasty spray. What happened to balance?
That's about six things we disagree on. However everywhere I visit on this Forum, there I find 2020 muddying the waters. I will keep you posted.

wiki :-

ex beauty queen etc
She's been mayor of Wasilla, (pop 6,500), a town half the size of DePere :confused: for two years
and 18 months as governor of Alaska.

She was the youngest person, and the first woman, to be elected governor of Alaska. Before becoming governor, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla, Alaska, City Council from 1992 to 1996, was elected and re-elected mayor of Wasilla for two three-year terms in 1996 and 1999.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/27667294.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Wis. Lt. Gov.: Palin would be 'fragile' president
By TODD RICHMOND , Associated Press
Last update: August 29, 2008 - 6:21 PM

MADISON, Wis. - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin would make a "pretty fragile" president, Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Barbara Lawton said Friday as politicians trotted out their talking points on Republican presidential hopeful John McCain's surprise vice presidential pick.

In a conference call with reporters, Lawton, a Democrat, said she was taken aback by the choice.

The 44-year-old Palin has served as Alaska's governor for the last two years. Before that she was the mayor of Wasilla, a town of 6,500 about 30 miles north of Anchorage.

Lawton said Palin has absolutely no national security experience.

"If she becomes president of the United States of America, I think we would have someone who is pretty fragile at the helm," Lawton said.

Wisconsin Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus called Lawton's remark sexist. Palin's experience leading the largest state in the union and the Alaska National Guard is more than Democratic presidential Barack Obama has, Priebus said.

"She's, number one, an outsider, smart, articulate governor in a state that couldn't get further from Washington," he said. "She's a person who finally can break that glass ceiling. We're proud to nominate a female vice president."

Lawton told The Associated Press after the conference call she meant Palin's preparation to run the world's only superpower has been fragile.

"I meant her political background. She has no global experience. She's been mayor of a town half the size of DePere for two years and 18 months as governor. We are talking about a nation at war," Lawton said.

"This is a clear measure of John McCain's judgment of what one needs in preparation to be commander in chief."

..... (GOP counter , Priebus:)
Palin's political experience might be questionable, but it's hard to quibble with her toughness.

She has spent summers fishing commercially with her part Yup'ik Eskimo husband, a business that once left her broken fingers. She has welcomed an investigation into whether she orchestrated the firing of a state trooper who went through a messy divorce with her sister.

Priebus said Palin could give McCain a boost with Hillary Clinton supporters still bitter Obama beat her out for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"They like this independent maverick governor from Alaska," he said.

No, they don't, said Baldwin and Lawton, who were staunch Clinton backers in her primary run.

Palin supports a McCain agenda that's disrespectful to women by not granting them more health care
, Lawton said.

Baldwin said McCain has misjudged those who rallied behind Clinton because they want to change.

Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle called Palin's selection "a panic pick."

"This decision clearly had nothing to do with being prepared to govern and everything to do with the McCain campaign's dim political outlook," Doyle said in a statement.

A comment on that Minneapolis-St Paul website :-
http://www.startribune.com/politics/27667294.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

If McCain, who has had cancer four times, and turned 72 today, happens to die, do you REALLY want Sarah Palin, 44, a first-term governor of a state with fewer people than the Twin Cities, to lead the free world? She's probably a nice person, but how is this possibly a good pick???

Attachments

• palin.jpg
    palin.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 60
And probably the Dem's greatest fear... a woman.
On the surface she looks like a good choice - age/appearance complementary to McCain. Our American friends will know this, though: does she have enough experience to be able to take over should anything happen to the ageing McCain? That, after all, is supposed to be the main reason for having a VP.

I think Obama would have been better off picking Hillary as VP.

It seems to me that you regard yourself as the alpha person in this little pool

.. nutty conspiracy theory .

1. hell I thought you were going to be specific, instead you come up with this bs

2. the only conspiracy theory about JFK is the one that has LH Oswald acting alone.

3. Calliope, you are arguing with me on vagaries, when I am trying to challenge ZZdad when he says that "you who don’t live in USA don’t know (about McCain's relationship with the National Alliance of Families) - and we who live there do”.

I posted evidence to the contrary. I'm waiting for him to answer, not for you to come up with red herrings

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=327999&highlight=accusations#post327999

Heck I wouldn’t mind it if websman responded to my challenge that USA acted aggressively in Iraq ( he was claiming “armed to the teeth” for “defence” – but, you’re probably right , I doubt either of those blokes will respond

PS Is Putin right about Georgia attacking to some script written in the Pentagon or the Whitehouse? - As I said, I don't know - However, it's not totally unbelievable yes?, considering that there were many American soldiers in Georgia at the time? Or are you in denial there?

Sorry to objectify an obviously very capable person...

.... but she's hawt! :D

hey wayne
I was wonderin , why is Johnny trying to get his wedding ring off ? ;)

At least she looks like she knows how to spell "potatoe" :)

Attachments

• wedding ring.jpg
    wedding ring.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 53
I was more intrigued by his body language when she started bagging out big oil. :cautious:

It seems to me that you regard yourself as the alpha person in this little pool and you have surrounded yourself with a little cheer squad, united by the common thread of belief in Obama's infallibility and a dislike of McCain. Your nutty conspiracy theory ideas have also taken root in this little group, and now it seems you are an apologist for Putin purely because he hates McCain.
As the alpha person you are wary of intruders and your critics often get a nasty spray. What happened to balance?

Calliope you are looking at all sides but understand 2020 started this thread and thus he has his values and opinions.
I read on McCain and really try to be impartial but the whole picture I see is always confirmed.

If I got off my chair on the right side, you would see me move to the left. It's natural.
Both are correct from our vantage point.

2020 seems always to be objective to support his stances. His research is indeed extraordinary.