Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

John McCain

Very sad loss. One of the very few Republicians with the intelligence to understand the infamy of Donald Trump and the guts to speak up about it.

And in other breaking news, just to emphasise the tone of the Trump supporters, check out this story. Couldn't make it up.

Senate candidate Kelli Ward suggests McCain timed pre-death announcement to hurt her campaign
Kelli Ward, a U.S. Senate hopeful and onetime rival of Sen. John McCain, is facing a torrent of criticism after she appeared to suggest that his announcement Friday to halt medical treatment for his brain cancer was timed to hurt her campaign. McCain, 81, died a day after his announcement.

One of Ward’s staffers on Saturday wrote a Facebook post wondering whether the timing of the statement from McCain’s family, made on the same day that Ward’s statewide bus tour kicked off, was simply a coincidence or a tactic “to take media attention off her campaign.”

Ward did not dispute the notion and said in reply: “I think they wanted to have a particular narrative that they hope is negative to me."

McCain died just hours after Ward’s Facebook comments.

Ward, who is seeking the GOP nomination to replace U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), has made controversial comments about McCain in the past. A far-right candidate, she shares President Trump’s hard-line policies on immigration and border security and has promised, as the president did, to “drain the swamp.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ent-hurt-her-campaign/?utm_term=.cfa22b6d425e

A far-right candidate, she shares President Trump’s hard-line policies on immigration and border security and has promised, as the president did, to “drain the swamp.”

I bet she also shares a lot in common with most people .... head, shoulders, arms etc.

Very tacky of her to suggest the motivation for McCain's decision is all about her....miserable attitude and hope she gets caned at the polls.

Very sad loss. One of the very few Republicians with the intelligence to understand the infamy of Donald Trump and the guts to speak up about it.

And in other breaking news, just to emphasise the tone of the Trump supporters, check out this story. Couldn't make it up.

Senate candidate Kelli Ward suggests McCain timed pre-death announcement to hurt her campaign
Kelli Ward, a U.S. Senate hopeful and onetime rival of Sen. John McCain, is facing a torrent of criticism after she appeared to suggest that his announcement Friday to halt medical treatment for his brain cancer was timed to hurt her campaign. McCain, 81, died a day after his announcement.

One of Ward’s staffers on Saturday wrote a Facebook post wondering whether the timing of the statement from McCain’s family, made on the same day that Ward’s statewide bus tour kicked off, was simply a coincidence or a tactic “to take media attention off her campaign.”

Ward did not dispute the notion and said in reply: “I think they wanted to have a particular narrative that they hope is negative to me."

McCain died just hours after Ward’s Facebook comments.

Ward, who is seeking the GOP nomination to replace U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), has made controversial comments about McCain in the past. A far-right candidate, she shares President Trump’s hard-line policies on immigration and border security and has promised, as the president did, to “drain the swamp.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ent-hurt-her-campaign/?utm_term=.cfa22b6d425e

Wow. They actually believe that? Shite.

He may not have been divisive but he was too pro-war.
Sure he thought Trump is a fool as do I but that doesn't suddenly make him a legend.